Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

29 Feb 2012 13:24 #61 by FredHayek

archer wrote: Gas prices were nearly $4.00/gallon the summer of 2008, in Canada we paid over $6/american gallon.....they go up, they go down. When Democrats complained about the high price of gas we were told that Bush was not responsible for that.....the president can't fix gas prices......so why do you all think Obama suddenly has a magic wand to fix them if Bush didn't?

Personally I don't think Obama can fix the gasoline prices completely, but he could at least try to help out. Certain things are out of his control, but easing domestic drilling regulations would hurt the speculators.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Feb 2012 14:14 #62 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: I didn't see anything about President Obama saying gas should be $10/gallon in that article. or about what enviro lefties think about it. What is an enviro leftie anyway?

Where did I say Obama had made a statement that gas would be 10 dollars a gallon? I didn't. I was trying to clarify who in the administration DID indicate that they would like to see our gas prices in line with European gas prices, which at the time Chu made the remark, the price was almost 10 dollars a gallon. Chu speaks for the administration.

Don't put words into my mouth, I was simply trying to clear up a point. But the bigger picture does indicate that the Energy Secretary, the Energy Secretary of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION has been intent on seeing gas prices rise, intent on that fact in 2008 and currently his intention is the same, as indicated in his remarks today.

So... you are correct, Obama never made that remark, I never said he did, but a spokesperson for the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION did indicate the direction THE ADMINISTRATION would like to see gas prices attain.

Don't be dense.

(And don't you like the ultra cute picture of my husky and my cat?)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Feb 2012 14:20 #63 by Rick
Obama did say in an interview (with Snuffelupigus I think), that he would prefer that gas prices rose gradually. He knows like most liberals, that the only way to control the way we drive is to make driving unaffordable. Unfortunately, they don't have another alternative other than wishful thinking (electric, solar, unicorns....).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Feb 2012 14:23 #64 by Reverend Revelant

CritiKalbILL wrote: Obama did say in an interview (with Snuffelupigus I think), that he would prefer that gas prices rose gradually. He knows like most liberals, that the only way to control the way we drive is to make driving unaffordable. Unfortunately, they don't have another alternative other than wishful thinking (electric, solar, unicorns....).

Don't knock unicorns... mine puts out 300 cubic feet of gas a month, which I burn in my still.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Feb 2012 16:45 #65 by lionshead2010
Clearly many are concerned about everyone having access to affordable health care. For months on end I have seen statistics about how painful health care is for families living on the margin. I understand the argument.

Why aren't we equally concerned about the economic impact of high energy prices on those same families? The more a family pays for fuel to get to work, heat their home and live their life, the less money that they have to buy food, clothing, health care and the other necessities in life. It all comes out of one pot of money...and the average family doesn't get to print more money when they need it.

Let's first develop affordable alternate forms of energy and transportation and THEN stop using fossil fuels.

29 Feb 2012 16:56 #66 by FredHayek

lionshead2010 wrote: Clearly many are concerned about everyone having access to affordable health care. For months on end I have seen statistics about how painful health care is for families living on the margin. I understand the argument.

Why aren't we equally concerned about the economic impact of high energy prices on those same families? The more a family pays for fuel to get to work, heat their home and live their life, the less money that they have to buy food, clothing, health care and the other necessities in life. It all comes out of one pot of money...and the average family doesn't get to print more money when they need it.

Let's first develop affordable alternate forms of energy and transportation and THEN stop using fossil fuels.

Great point. And high energy prices hit everyone not only the sick. Not all of us get our gasoline bought by the government like Obama does

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Feb 2012 17:34 #67 by Rick

lionshead2010 wrote: Clearly many are concerned about everyone having access to affordable health care. For months on end I have seen statistics about how painful health care is for families living on the margin. I understand the argument.

:like:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Feb 2012 17:38 #68 by LOL

CritiKalbILL wrote: Obama did say in an interview (with Snuffelupigus I think),

Snuffelupigus? Is that some kind of Dinosaur? Cool, maybe it will turn into oil in a million years. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Feb 2012 18:25 #69 by LadyJazzer
Still waiting for that source where "the Lefties want $10 gas..." Y'all let us know when you find it, Okay?

29 Feb 2012 18:27 #70 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote: I didn't see anything about President Obama saying gas should be $10/gallon in that article. or about what enviro lefties think about it. What is an enviro leftie anyway?

Where did I say Obama had made a statement that gas would be 10 dollars a gallon? I didn't. I was trying to clarify who in the administration DID indicate that they would like to see our gas prices in line with European gas prices, which at the time Chu made the remark, the price was almost 10 dollars a gallon. Chu speaks for the administration.

Don't put words into my mouth, I was simply trying to clear up a point. But the bigger picture does indicate that the Energy Secretary, the Energy Secretary of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION has been intent on seeing gas prices rise, intent on that fact in 2008 and currently his intention is the same, as indicated in his remarks today.

So... you are correct, Obama never made that remark, I never said he did, but a spokesperson for the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION did indicate the direction THE ADMINISTRATION would like to see gas prices attain.

Don't be dense.

(And don't you like the ultra cute picture of my husky and my cat?)

Chu made that remark as a private citizen in September 2008, not as a spokesperson for the Obama administration. and you have already acknowledged that you were not aware of Chu's remarks when you made your allegation.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds