Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

01 Mar 2012 04:17 #71 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote: I didn't see anything about President Obama saying gas should be $10/gallon in that article. or about what enviro lefties think about it. What is an enviro leftie anyway?

Where did I say Obama had made a statement that gas would be 10 dollars a gallon? I didn't. I was trying to clarify who in the administration DID indicate that they would like to see our gas prices in line with European gas prices, which at the time Chu made the remark, the price was almost 10 dollars a gallon. Chu speaks for the administration.

Don't put words into my mouth, I was simply trying to clear up a point. But the bigger picture does indicate that the Energy Secretary, the Energy Secretary of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION has been intent on seeing gas prices rise, intent on that fact in 2008 and currently his intention is the same, as indicated in his remarks today.

So... you are correct, Obama never made that remark, I never said he did, but a spokesperson for the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION did indicate the direction THE ADMINISTRATION would like to see gas prices attain.

Don't be dense.

(And don't you like the ultra cute picture of my husky and my cat?)

Chu made that remark as a private citizen in September 2008, not as a spokesperson for the Obama administration. and you have already acknowledged that you were not aware of Chu's remarks when you made your allegation.

Good point... but he's a spokesperson for the Obama administration NOW... and he is putting forth the same rhetoric... good point.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2012 14:08 #72 by BearMtnHIB

01 Mar 2012 14:35 #73 by LadyJazzer

01 Mar 2012 14:37 #74 by Rick

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Mar 2012 15:35 #75 by LOL
:crossed:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Mar 2012 19:50 #76 by JSG
At the risk of saying "Bush did it too" I would point out the gas prices were higher in 2008 and we were drilling like crazy (I presume, since a Republican oilman was president).

http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?city1=USA%20Average&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=60&units=us

Remember when one of the perks of invading Iraq was supposed to be lower gas prices because we liberated the oil fields?

01 Mar 2012 21:07 #77 by Rick

JSG wrote: At the risk of saying "Bush did it too" I would point out the gas prices were higher in 2008 and we were drilling like crazy (I presume, since a Republican oilman was president).

http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?city1=USA%20Average&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=60&units=us

Remember when one of the perks of invading Iraq was supposed to be lower gas prices because we liberated the oil fields?

Wrong..the left said we were only invading Iraq for the oil..wrong as usual.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Mar 2012 21:44 #78 by JSG
In an August 30, 2005 speech, Bush stated a role of the occupation of Iraq was to prevent oil fields from falling into hands of terrorists: “If Zarqawi and bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks. They’d seize oil fields to fund their ambitions.”

Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said in an interview that the removal of Saddam Hussein had been "essential" to secure world oil supplies, a point he emphasized to the White House in private conversations before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Additionally, in his memoir, Mr. Greenspan writes: "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationale_ ... e_Iraq_war

If you complain "it's only Wikipedia" then click on the articles Wikipedia links to.

02 Mar 2012 08:16 #79 by Rick
So how many barrels of oil did we manage to steal from Iraq (if that was our goal)?

George Orwell

02 Mar 2012 09:10 #80 by FredHayek

JSG wrote: In an August 30, 2005 speech, Bush stated a role of the occupation of Iraq was to prevent oil fields from falling into hands of terrorists: “If Zarqawi and bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks. They’d seize oil fields to fund their ambitions.”

Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said in an interview that the removal of Saddam Hussein had been "essential" to secure world oil supplies, a point he emphasized to the White House in private conversations before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Additionally, in his memoir, Mr. Greenspan writes: "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationale_ ... e_Iraq_war

If you complain "it's only Wikipedia" then click on the articles Wikipedia links to.

:faint: See Obama even messes up a war for oil! He withdraws our troops from Iraqi oil fields.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds