Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

06 Mar 2012 08:55 #161 by ZHawke

FredHayek wrote: It must be dull and lonely to live life with only infallible people. There was a thread a few months ago about who you would not invite to a dinner party. Some people wanted only nice, calm, people, and others like me, wanted to mix up people with radically different opinions.

You dodged PV's challenge quite artfully. However, you still have not either come right out and said you support Rush or denounce him. Time to either have a movement or get off the pot, so to speak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2012 09:08 #162 by ZHawke

2wlady wrote: Imus is still on the air. Rush will stay on the air, too.

Perhaps Rush will, in fact, stay on the air too. However, Imus was justifiably fired for his remarks and reappeared on the air some time later on another network. He also apologized profusely, appeared on Al Sharpton's show and said he went too far, etc., etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Imus

Rush, on the other hand, offered a tepid apology and then went on to blame everyone but himself for his own remarks. I can only hope his loyal listeners take him to further task for his apparent lack of repentance and his refusal, thus far, to take responsibility for what he said.

06 Mar 2012 09:14 #163 by FredHayek

ZHawke wrote:

FredHayek wrote: It must be dull and lonely to live life with only infallible people. There was a thread a few months ago about who you would not invite to a dinner party. Some people wanted only nice, calm, people, and others like me, wanted to mix up people with radically different opinions.

You dodged PV's challenge quite artfully. However, you still have not either come right out and said you support Rush or denounce him. Time to either have a movement or get off the pot, so to speak.

Support? If that means I will keep listening to him yes, I will still occasionally listen to him. He is entertaining. But I also thought he was out of line with his comments, so I guess you could say I am also denouncing the man and forgiving him. He has probably lost a lot of money for his remarks and that clearly matters to the man, so he has been penalized.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2012 09:19 #164 by ZHawke

FredHayek wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

Support? If that means I will keep listening to him yes, I will still occasionally listen to him. He is entertaining. But I also thought he was out of line with his comments, so I guess you could say I am also denouncing the man and forgiving him. He has probably lost a lot of money for his remarks and that clearly matters to the man, so he has been penalized.

Fair enough.

06 Mar 2012 09:37 #165 by LadyJazzer
Yes... The number of advertisers that have bailed out is now up to 17... And the number of stations carrying his show continues to decline...

Ooops...

06 Mar 2012 10:09 #166 by Kate
Actually, the number is now over 20 advertisers that have dropped support of his show.

06 Mar 2012 10:33 #167 by LadyJazzer
Thanks for the update... It's getting hard to keep up...

06 Mar 2012 10:37 #168 by FredHayek
End result? Rush is going to replace some important advertizers with more marginal ones, and Rush's fans will continue to listen to him, and the people who hate will continue to not.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2012 10:42 #169 by Kate
End result? Perhaps Rush will learn a lesson about thinking before engaging his mouth. Perhaps he has learned a lesson about pissing off 50% of the population by calling them sluts and whores. Perhaps Rush will finally understand that his words have consequences.

But since this is reality, I'm sure that Rush will tone it down for a while and then ramp up his hate speech once again when his ego needs a boost.

06 Mar 2012 10:44 #170 by Rick
Did he really call 50% of the population sluts and whores or just one?

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds