Obama supporters just keep getting better!!!

15 Mar 2012 15:00 #21 by Reverend Revelant

PrintSmith wrote: Since you didn't address the point made, we'll make it again.

You are correct - it is a bastardization of the Flag of the United States of America. You know, the one that everyone pledges allegiance to? That has some rather dark undertones when you replace the stars representing the 50 free, independent and sovereign States with a single person, don't you think?

I never alleged that Obama had anything to do with the flag, neither its design nor the decision to fly it. Are you now reduced to rebutting arguments that haven't been made?

I can understand someone wanting a flag autographed by POTUS - even a flag autographed by the current one. I can understand someone walking on a floor mat on which an image of the flag, not the flag itself, has been placed. What I can't understand is bastardizing the flag of this union and replacing the representation of the 50 free, independent and sovereign States which comprise the union with the image of a Dear Leader and then flying that flag.

Address the issue raised SS - replacing the representation on the flag of the 50 free, independent and sovereign States which compose it with the image of a person. That is what was done here - the representation of the 50 States has been replaced with Dear Leader - and someone ran it up a pole to wave in the breeze. Not only is it not the only one of its kind, which would be bad enough, it is up for sale, which is simply incomprehensible. If Obama was smart, and "had nothing to do with the flag" as you allege, he'd issue a cease and desist for the unauthorized use of his likeness. Think he will? Me neither.

There are times when Obama has objected to his image being used...

The White House on Thursday protested the United Colors of Benetton "Unhate" advertising campaign showing Photoshopped images of U.S. President Barack Obama full-lip kissing Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez and Chinese President Hu Jintao.

The posters showing world leaders same-sex kissing were displayed in Benetton clothing stores worldwide, in newspapers, magazines and on internet.
White House spokesman Eric Schultz, objecting to the images of Obama same-sex kissing, told AFP:

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/314625#ixzz1pDmj6WdO

I like it... is that a little "tongue" I see there.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2012 16:44 #22 by Soulshiner
The flag you are referring to is not the American flag, it doesn't have the stars in the blue field. So, as I answered before, it is not the American flag.

Funny how you are throwing a fit over that flag which President Obama had nothing to do with, but the pictures of GWB stepping on a true representation of the American flag and signing an actual American flag with the US Code being violated right on the picture doesn't get a word from you. It just shows that you guys aren't upset about the flag, but by who's picture is on it. You are ready to jump on ANYTHING you think will put President Obama in a negative light. It actually says more about you than it does about him. When you keep saying thing like, "the Democrats have pledged their allegiance to Obama, the fundamental transformation for which he stands, one government under him, with regulations and mandates for all.", you are making a false statement and are not supporting any point that you think you are making. I don't believe that ANYONE has pledged allegiance to the flag in question. Show the board just ONE person who is pledging allegiance to it. You just like to insinuate these falsehoods in order to demonize the President and the left, but you're not fooling anyone that you are anything but objective and honest about your agenda. Pretty sad and should be beneath someone who wants to engage in meaningful discussions, but that's not your agenda now is it?

This and other subject are showing that you have lost your objectivity and are just engaging in subjective partisan sniping. It's getting funnier and funnier to read about posters on here getting more and more twisted into pretzels over anything about President Obama. It's becoming impossible to take some of you seriously in any way, shape or form. I'm sure we are all going to wait with baited breath at your next rant to try and discredit President Obama.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

15 Mar 2012 16:51 #23 by JSG

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: (P.S. The first photo is photoshopped... of course you knew that).

I don't know if you realize you looked really stupid just assuming the first photo was photoshopped, just because you say so. Maybe you should remove that comment so you don't look like even more of an idiot.

15 Mar 2012 16:57 #24 by Reverend Revelant

Soulshiner wrote: The flag you are referring to is not the American flag, it doesn't have the stars in the blue field. So, as I answered before, it is not the American flag.

Funny how you are throwing a fit over that flag which President Obama had nothing to do with, but the pictures of GWB stepping on a true representation of the American flag and signing an actual American flag with the US Code being violated right on the picture doesn't get a word from you. It just shows that you guys aren't upset about the flag, but by who's picture is on it. You are ready to jump on ANYTHING you think will put President Obama in a negative light. It actually says more about you than it does about him. When you keep saying thing like, "the Democrats have pledged their allegiance to Obama, the fundamental transformation for which he stands, one government under him, with regulations and mandates for all.", you are making a false statement and are not supporting any point that you think you are making. I don't believe that ANYONE has pledged allegiance to the flag in question. Show the board just ONE person who is pledging allegiance to it. You just like to insinuate these falsehoods in order to demonize the President and the left, but you're not fooling anyone that you are anything but objective and honest about your agenda. Pretty sad and should be beneath someone who wants to engage in meaningful discussions, but that's not your agenda now is it?

This and other subject are showing that you have lost your objectivity and are just engaging in subjective partisan sniping. It's getting funnier and funnier to read about posters on here getting more and more twisted into pretzels over anything about President Obama. It's becoming impossible to take some of you seriously in any way, shape or form. I'm sure we are all going to wait with baited breath at your next rant to try and discredit President Obama.

It's really simple. A picture of Obama on a piece of cloth that is designed to conjures up an image of the flag is reminiscent of a cult of personality. Plain as that. And flying that same piece of cloth has an air of worship. He's a president, not a dictator, not a king... a president. Show me a vintage piece of cloth that looks like a countries flag with Hitler or Mao or some other dictator on it?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

15 Mar 2012 17:20 #25 by PrintSmith
Wonderful rant SS - have I not agreed that the flag is not the US Flag? What it is, however, is a fundamental transformation of the flag that represents this union - a replacement of the representation of the 50 free, independent and sovereign States which have joined the union with a representation of the Dear Leader. That is a reasonable conclusion of the imagery contained on that flag. The 50 stars have been replaced with a photo of the current leader, that is the sole difference between the union's flag and this one. There are 13 stripes on the flag, alternating between red and white, top and bottom stripes are red; the dimensions of the flag are the same, the blue field in the upper corner remains - all that is different is that the stars have been removed to be replaced with an image of the leader.

And give me a break about the photoshopped image of President Bush and Mrs. Bush treading on the flag and 9/11. You know it is photoshopped, I know it is photoshopped and we both know why it was photoshopped. Fake images to create fake outrage SS? Yeah, that fits with the "progressive" movement.

Oh, one other thing. Never said anyone pledged allegiance to that flag, did I. No, I said that the Democrats pledged their allegiance to Obama, whose image appears on that flag, and the fundamental transformation for which he stands, one nation under him, with regulations and mandates for all. Not allegiance to the flag of Obama, to Obama himself and what he represents.

15 Mar 2012 17:27 #26 by JSG

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: It's really simple. A picture of Obama on a piece of cloth that is designed to conjures up an image of the flag is reminiscent of a cult of personality. Plain as that. And flying that same piece of cloth has an air of worship. He's a president, not a dictator, not a king... a president.

And that has WHAT to do with a citizen's right to fly it as a freedom of expression?

15 Mar 2012 17:28 #27 by archer
Wrong on all counts PS...
I never, ever, heard any liberal pledge allegiance to Obama....where's your proof of that....and proof the pic is photoshopped? You make pronouncements then figure people will just believe you? I think not.

15 Mar 2012 17:39 #28 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Wrong on all counts PS...
I never, ever, heard any liberal pledge allegiance to Obama.

LOL, like you never heard anyone refer to the President as a "sort of God"?

:smurf:

Remember, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

15 Mar 2012 17:46 #29 by archer
No PS I have never had a liberal tell me Obama is a sort of god...have you?

15 Mar 2012 17:48 #30 by JSG

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote: Wrong on all counts PS...
I never, ever, heard any liberal pledge allegiance to Obama.

LOL, like you never heard anyone refer to the President as a "sort of God"?

I searched "Obama" and "sort of a god" and found this single reference about how he was viewed in Egypt:

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drenn ... z1pESPFBTF

That single comment was republished over and over by right wing blogs, according to my search results.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=obama+%22sort+of+a+god%22

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds