Obama supporters just keep getting better!!!

15 Mar 2012 22:26 #41 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: [Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother posting here......maybe we only need one poster from each side and the rest of us can enjoy the weather, reading, time with family and other worthwhile endeavors. What do ya think?

What?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2012 02:02 #42 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: Sorry PS...all you conservatives sound alike...and my cell phone screen cuts off the author unless I scroll over to it. Maybe if y'all were more original it would help. Whatever....my apologies.

No worries archer - we are used to hearing "they all look the same" by now whether applied to ourselves or some other group deemed inferior. Republicans have been pointing out the fallacy of such stereotyping by Democrats for a couple centuries now - we really don't expect any change in their behavior at this point, but we keep on hoping.

Care to take a stab at explaining why describing the flag under discussion as a fundamental transformation of Old Glory isn't accurate? Or to chime in with your own ruminations on why it is? Discussing the topic instead of seeking to follow the "Rules for Radicals" playbook might prevent so transparently highlighting the illiberal stereotyping tendacies you have developed.

16 Mar 2012 07:35 #43 by Rick

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: Sorry PS...all you conservatives sound alike...and my cell phone screen cuts off the author unless I scroll over to it. Maybe if y'all were more original it would help. Whatever....my apologies.

No worries archer - we are used to hearing "they all look the same" by now whether applied to ourselves or some other group deemed inferior. Republicans have been pointing out the fallacy of such stereotyping by Democrats for a couple centuries now - we really don't expect any change in their behavior at this point, but we keep on hoping.

Good one

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Mar 2012 07:42 #44 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote: Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother posting here......maybe we only need one poster from each side and the rest of us can enjoy the weather, reading, time with family and other worthwhile endeavors. What do ya think?

I'm on my own side, most times I tend to think the rest of y'all are kinda being knuckleheads.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Mar 2012 07:46 #45 by Rick
This is a pissing contest and everybody knows it. Whoever pisses off the most people wins!!! Woohooo!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Mar 2012 08:46 #46 by Nobody that matters

CritiKalbILL wrote: This is a pissing contest and everybody knows it. Whoever pisses off the most people wins!!! Woohooo!!

I don't try to piss people off. I prefer diplomacy to show the Obama supporters the error of their ways...

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
-Will Rogers

16 Mar 2012 09:12 #47 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote: Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother posting here......maybe we only need one poster from each side and the rest of us can enjoy the weather, reading, time with family and other worthwhile endeavors. What do ya think?

:yeahthat:

Insert standard GOP outrage-of-the-day here: ______________________________

Insert standard Veterans outrage-of-the-day here: ___________________________

Insert standard Christo-Fascist religious outrage-of-the-day here: __________________________

That should be enough for today.....

16 Mar 2012 09:58 #48 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

Insert standard Christo-Fascist religious outrage-of-the-day here: __________________________

Insert standard Democratic outrage-of-the-day here: ______________________________

Insert standard racial outrage-of-the-day here: ___________________________

Insert standard feminist outrage-of-the-day here: __________________________

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Mar 2012 09:59 #49 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: :yeahthat:

Insert standard "Bush did it" reply here: _________________________________

Insert standard dismissive tagline here: _________________________________

Yep, that about covers it.

16 Mar 2012 10:20 #50 by PrintSmith
And still no one willing to discuss why the flag being discussed isn't a fundamental transformation of the union's flag - which isn't all that surprising when you think about it given that there is simply no reasoned response which could hope to accomplish that goal.

Amazing how those who claim to be seeking civil discourse on the issues routinely ignore any attempts at discussion, preferring to engage in drive by posting instead.

Yep, that should about do it. I believe that two things have been accomplished at this point. The first being that the Obama Flag has been established as a physical expression of the fundamental transformation of the union that one side is seeking and the other being that despite all the feigned outrage in the media, there are very few who are interested in having a civil discourse on any topic political.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds