European nudes and American prudes

14 Jul 2010 20:57 #21 by The Viking

Joe wrote: Never mind all this psycho babble, lets see some boobies! :) :)

Fine here you go........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2010 09:00 #22 by FredHayek

major bean wrote: The reason is that there are very few men and women who are presentable enough to be naked in the U.S. The next time you are at Walmart, let the better half do the shopping and stay in the auto and observe the vast quantities of blubber that waddles in and out of the shopping center entrance. The answer will eventually dawn that we are not prudish, just that without clothing we would be obscene.

Having visited Europe a few times, I could find plenty of natives that I wouldn't want to see nude. But they didn't seem to care, just like the overweight people here in spandex and other tight clothes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jul 2010 09:13 #23 by BaconLover

SS109 wrote:
Having visited Europe a few times, I could find plenty of natives that I wouldn't want to see nude. But they didn't seem to care, just like the overweight people here in spandex and other tight clothes.

Anybody else getting the hankering for cottage cheese???

I love this pix.
[imgleft:2i5pm05l] www.russpage.net/wp-content/uploads/2008...ncing-with-stars.jpg [/imgleft:2i5pm05l]

15 Jul 2010 09:19 #24 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic European nudes and American prudes
Ah...It's the stupid religion..People lives in America are guided by nonsensical fairy tales..

Christianity.....They are a bunch of medieval freaks

Thats why our culture is so uptight and Violent, its sickening to non believers

15 Jul 2010 18:28 #25 by major bean
I absolutely believe that the Europeans are NOT to be envied. They are an undertrodden bunch of people who take their pleasures with a carnal enthusiasm. Forget about them and enjoy America!

Regards,
Major Bean

15 Jul 2010 19:50 #26 by Rockdoc

major bean wrote: I absolutely believe that the Europeans are NOT to be envied. They are an undertrodden bunch of people who take their pleasures with a carnal enthusiasm. Forget about them and enjoy America!

That is a matter of perception. America may have much going for it but not all of it is good and the same can be said for Europeans. I've never been too proud to borrow the best from anyone. Let's face it, nudity should not even be an issue. It only became one thanks to religion and not even these can agree on the degree of our exposure. Just recall that Islam considers elbows and leg exposure offensive from their point of view. Even within Islam there is considerable variation to that particular perspective. It is a matter of interpretation of the religion. Bottom line, we are not born with clothes, so why should it become mandatory to wear them?

16 Jul 2010 04:44 #27 by Rockdoc
Naked bodies and bright colours a big draw in Austria!

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-engli ... stria.html

16 Jul 2010 07:16 #28 by Sunshine Girl

Rockdoc Franz wrote: An interesting topic. I'm waiting for a few to jump in here who gave SG such a miserable time for being the woman she is. I fail to understand the skittishness towards nudity. We are all born without clothes... I think. Hummm... just think of all the money that could be saved by not wearing clothes. Being European in upbringing clothes are optional for me if I feel like it. It makes NO fun at Mardi Gras "Show me something" :biggrin:

The violence (murder) data is indeed interesting. One wonders if there is a direct correlation or other factors are in play.

Well, it seems that "they" are maybe too prudish :Whistle to jump in here so I will! This is an interesting topic for sure. I think a lot can be glistened also from what sex is more clearly represented on this thread - men or women? I think we, Americans, are desensitized by violence yet hypersensitive on nudity and sex. One thing I have discovered from fairly recent personal experiences is that some people have no hesitation dumping their personal views and limitations on others under the umbrella of what THEY consider obscene. I am not a believer, or follower, of Puritan thinking or logic. I have never even been able to wrap my mind around the grief and uproar my avatar caused. I just don't get it. I enjoy the male (and the female :wink: ) form much to much to be made to feel uncomfortable about it. In contrast though, violence is a turn off for me. Interesting topic! Hey RD - I bet you would be fun to go to Mardi Gras with!!!!!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2010 16:00 #29 by BaconLover

Sunshine Girl wrote: One thing I have discovered from fairly recent personal experiences is that some people have no hesitation dumping their personal views and limitations on others under the umbrella of what THEY consider obscene.

I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to me that this is how community mores get set. Someone says that this is obscene and the majority of the community responds "No its not" or "You're right" and a norm gets set. The same with different types of behaviors. Once these mores are set when people cross them the community reacts negatively.

In an ideal world this is all done in a respectful way.

It would be an interesting sociology study to see how the mores are developed in a new on-line community like this. I'm sure there are some studies out there, maybe Science Chic can give us some detailed research :crossed:

16 Jul 2010 16:10 #30 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic European nudes and American prudes

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: One thing I have discovered from fairly recent personal experiences is that some people have no hesitation dumping their personal views and limitations on others under the umbrella of what THEY consider obscene.

I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to me that this is how community mores get set. Someone says that this is obscene and the majority of the community responds "No its not" or "You're right" and a norm gets set. The same with different types of behaviors. Once these mores are set when people cross them the community reacts negatively.

In an ideal world this is all done in a respectful way.

It would be an interesting sociology study to see how the mores are developed in a new on-line community like this. I'm sure there are some studies out there, maybe Science Chic can give us some detailed research :crossed:

The boundries here lie somewhere between me and Teddy..I go up to the edge while he goes over it..

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds