European nudes and American prudes

16 Jul 2010 16:21 #31 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: One thing I have discovered from fairly recent personal experiences is that some people have no hesitation dumping their personal views and limitations on others under the umbrella of what THEY consider obscene.

I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to me that this is how community mores get set. Someone says that this is obscene and the majority of the community responds "No its not" or "You're right" and a norm gets set. The same with different types of behaviors. Once these mores are set when people cross them the community reacts negatively.

In an ideal world this is all done in a respectful way.

It would be an interesting sociology study to see how the mores are developed in a new on-line community like this. I'm sure there are some studies out there, maybe Science Chic can give us some detailed research :crossed:

The boundries here lie somewhere between me and Teddy..I go up to the edge while he goes over it..

I might actually give you that one. You haven't ever gone over the edge. You just make it very interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 16:47 #32 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic European nudes and American prudes

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: One thing I have discovered from fairly recent personal experiences is that some people have no hesitation dumping their personal views and limitations on others under the umbrella of what THEY consider obscene.

I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to me that this is how community mores get set. Someone says that this is obscene and the majority of the community responds "No its not" or "You're right" and a norm gets set. The same with different types of behaviors. Once these mores are set when people cross them the community reacts negatively.

It would be an interesting sociology study to see how the mores are developed in a new on-line community like this. I'm sure there are some studies out there, maybe Science Chic can give us some detailed research :crossed:

The boundries here lie somewhere between me and Teddy..I go up to the edge while he goes over it..

I might actually give you that one. You haven't ever gone over the edge. You just make it very interesting.

Sorry I called you a Moron in another thread...I call my friends and family Morons, so no offence..

16 Jul 2010 18:27 #33 by Sunshine Girl
Yah, I guess I'm not a big believer in others telling me what I should or shouldn't believe, how I should or shouldn't dress, or how I should or shouldn't act. Likewise, I have zero interest in telling them the same. Live and let live! You don't have to look too far to understand why countries can't seem to get along with one another when we have a difficult time accepting others for their individualities right here in our little communities. :bash

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2010 20:44 #34 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic European nudes and American prudes
Well said Sunshine

16 Jul 2010 21:00 - 23 Jun 2013 16:02 #35 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Jul 2010 21:52 #36 by Rockdoc

major bean wrote: Until you parade around Safeway naked I will believe that all that you want is to see some fetching member of the opposite sex laying around on the grass on a blanket in the raw.
The great drawback to promiscuity (relaxed atittude toward sex) is VD. It takes a couple of decades for some the viruses to kill you with cancer, but if you fool around enough, you will eventually get a major case of VD.
Then, all the "fun" is gone from being wild and free. And whenever you give your VD to your spouse, the future gets a little miserable around the house.
What ever happened to maturity and responsibility?
And if you are not covorting around in the hay loft, you are violent? How did violence get tied to maturity?

How does sexual promiscuity get tied to going around in the buff or simply laying on the beach natural? There is no direct correlation. In fact, I'm inclined to belive just the opposite. Take a brief look at even thrid world countries where clothes are optional. I do not see VD killiing everyone off, I do not see rampant promiscuity. Instead what I see is the alure of seeing the opposite sex in the buff mittigated, as in it's no big deal. Given our current perspective even the glimps of a niple becomes headline news. BFD. It should not even deserve notice.

Also I do not see a cause and affect between violence and nudity or lack thereof. The observation simply was that Americans are more into violence than into nudity. Whether there is a cause and affect is another topic all together. I for one doubt such a correlation exists.

16 Jul 2010 21:59 #37 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Sorry I called you a Moron in another thread...I call my friends and family Morons, so no offence..

None taken. I enjoy the bantor with you. I don't take anything on here personally. I could meet you in public and have a beer with you and not even think about all our discussions on here.

16 Jul 2010 22:03 - 23 Jun 2013 16:02 #38 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Jul 2010 22:07 #39 by The Viking

Rockdoc Franz wrote: How does sexual promiscuity get tied to going around in the buff or simply laying on the beach natural? There is no direct correlation. In fact, I'm inclined to belive just the opposite. Take a brief look at even thrid world countries where clothes are optional. I do not see VD killiing everyone off,

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Look at the rate of AIDS killing off people in 3rd world countries. Here is a list. Most at the top are third world countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... lence_rate

16 Jul 2010 22:08 #40 by The Viking

major bean wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Take a brief look at even thrid world countries where clothes are optional. I do not see VD killiing everyone off, I do not see rampant promiscuity.

Let us consider Africa. Their sexual conduct is less than prudish. And VD is killing them by the millions (20 million?). Do you deny the AIDS problem in Africa? Would you like to reconsider the quote above?

Consider the rate of vaginal cancer and infertility here in prudish America. These are directly related to VD.

You beat me to it. I posted the stats and number of deaths just from AIDS

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds