European nudes and American prudes

19 Jul 2010 16:25 - 19 Jul 2010 18:21 #51 by Sunshine Girl

RivendaleFarms wrote: VL, troll alert my patootie. Reading any of EM's postings on this forum would negate that charge in a heartbeat.

EM, you've made some excellent points. Along the same lines, it seems Americans have the same attitude towards women nursing in public, even with everything covered up. Causes a ruckus pretty quickly. Seems I heard of a women being ejected from Coors Field for nursing during a game - she had a blanket covering but there were complaints. I'll have to go find the whole story, but that was the gist of it.

Found it, it was actually the stadium employees that complained:
http://www.krdo.com/news/23870849/detail.html

Wow, how sad it that! To me a women nursing her baby is a beautiful site to behold. Most moms do our best to cover up as much as possible yet some people are still offended or uncomfortable by it. For me it was one of the most memorable times when my little ones were little ones.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2010 18:07 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic European nudes and American prudes

RivendaleFarms wrote: VL, troll alert my patootie. Reading any of EM's postings on this forum would negate that charge in a heartbeat.

It was a very strange response, furthermore if you're an extreme moderate in these times there's somethins wrong with a ya. The two parties are polar opposites, it's the Hatfields vs the McCoys, North vs the South, the Tutsi vs Hutu. Theres very little middle ground here for wishy washy fence sitters to occupy

19 Jul 2010 19:07 #53 by major bean

ExtremeModerate wrote: ...., and yet are silent on the state, and acceptance levels, of violence in the US.

Because I do not believe that there is a correlation between nudity and violence. You are saying that if you want to look at nude people, then you are not violent. And if you are violent, you do not want to look at nude people.
This is not logical in any sense and that is why I have ignored this part of your argument.
And I would agree with you that more nudity would not result in more sexual activity if everyone was neutered and did not have hormones raging through their bodies to make their bodies react to their sense of sight.
And Madison Avenue was built upon the premise that we will do what we see.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Jul 2010 10:31 #54 by Ronbo

major bean wrote:

ExtremeModerate wrote: ...., and yet are silent on the state, and acceptance levels, of violence in the US.

Because I do not believe that there is a correlation between nudity and violence. You are saying that if you want to look at nude people, then you are not violent. And if you are violent, you do not want to look at nude people.
This is not logical in any sense and that is why I have ignored this part of your argument.
And I would agree with you that more nudity would not result in more sexual activity if everyone was neutered and did not have hormones raging through their bodies to make their bodies react to their sense of sight.

I believe the reference to violence is not stating that there is a correlation but more about what society finds acceptable in our entertainment (TV, movies, video games, etc). Movies can have a lot of violence and get a PG13 rating but show some breast and they will get an R rating.

I also think that this thread shows how Americans are really hung up on nudity. In my opinion nudity does not necessarily mean sex. Being nude on a beach or relaxing in a hot tub without a swim suit are a non-sexual activities.

20 Jul 2010 10:59 #55 by Sunshine Girl

Ronbo wrote:

major bean wrote:

I believe the reference to violence is not stating that there is a correlation but more about what society finds acceptable in our entertainment (TV, movies, video games, etc). Movies can have a lot of violence and get a PG13 rating but show some breast and they will get an R rating.

I also think that this thread shows how Americans are really hung up on nudity. In my opinion nudity does not necessarily mean sex. Being nude on a beach or relaxing in a hot tub without a swim suit are a non-sexual activities.

Well said Ronbo - I couldn't agree more!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

20 Jul 2010 13:09 #56 by TPP
I warned the new neighbors, (They have a young daughter), that I wave at the planes passing over head, with out moving my arms or hands.
They can't see my deck from the road nobody can for that matter.
But at least I was "up front" with them so to speak...

20 Jul 2010 13:13 #57 by Sunshine Girl
address?

22 Jul 2010 19:58 #58 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote: Troll alert!

Note to self: Extreme Moderate is an Extreme Idiot

Dude, that's my hubby you're calling a troll and idiot - watch it! I can assure you that he's neither! If you think that by selecting a nic of "Extreme Moderate" that he was trying to get a point across of being wishy washy, then you need to think harder about what those two adjectives together might really mean...
(And Thank you RF!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jul 2010 20:45 #59 by pinedust
I think everyone should post a pic of themself in the buff, y'know, to clear the air.

22 Jul 2010 20:52 #60 by conifermtman

pinedust wrote: I think everyone should post a pic of themself in the buff, y'know, to clear the air.

I don't, their are just some people I'd rather not see nude :wink:

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds