European nudes and American prudes

31 Jul 2010 11:42 #71 by major bean
To contrast something, they must have similar characteristics or have a common relation to a third thing. We might as well contrast being naked and the color of car that we drive. There is nothing that these have in common with which we can contrast them, compare them, or relate them.

Wake up!

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2010 12:16 #72 by BaconLover

major bean wrote: To contrast something, they must have similar characteristics or have a common relation to a third thing. We might as well contrast being naked and the color of car that we drive. There is nothing that these have in common with which we can contrast them, compare them, or relate them.

Wake up!

the common thing is their acceptance in american society.......

31 Jul 2010 12:32 #73 by major bean
Since childhood you have been fed the idea that there is this cool contrast between the two (nudity and murder) and now you cannot divorce the two in your head. That is sad. A person cannot think clearly whenever he has not the ability to think independently. It causes too much cognitive dissonance.

Watch the movies, some of the most sexually explicit scenes (total nudity and simulated? sex) are also in the most murderously violent movies.

Regards,
Major Bean

31 Jul 2010 22:47 #74 by Rockdoc

major bean wrote: Watch the movies, some of the most sexually explicit scenes (total nudity and simulated? sex) are also in the most murderously violent movies.

I do not watch movies to gain a sense of reality, quite to the contrary. This is where sensationalism and overgeneralization materialize.

I'm aware you have made the association between nudity and violence. It just does not bear out in reality.

31 Jul 2010 23:28 #75 by VargaGirl
A well kept body is a beautiful thing, man or woman. I do not believe there is anything more exquisite in nature. It makes me sick to know a beautiful woman topless would be arrested for indecent exposure but an obese man topless is perfectly acceptable.

01 Aug 2010 07:27 #76 by major bean

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

major bean wrote: Watch the movies, some of the most sexually explicit scenes (total nudity and simulated? sex) are also in the most murderously violent movies.

I do not watch movies to gain a sense of reality, quite to the contrary. This is where sensationalism and overgeneralization materialize.

I'm aware you have made the association between nudity and violence. It just does not bear out in reality.

I have made no association between nudity and violence. There is no correlation between the two generally in this thread topic.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds