Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

31 May 2012 08:59 #31 by Martin Ent Inc
:wave: VL has the weather?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2012 10:16 #32 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: :wave: VL has the weather?

Its great..A little chilly- I'm home for a day or two, going to Arrowhead with the boy in a few minutes..Got it for $50 apiece w/cart- Online coupon

31 May 2012 10:17 #33 by Martin Ent Inc
Played last week, watch for the goose poop.

31 May 2012 10:20 #34 by UNDER MODERATION
Did Foothills the other day, same problem. As we approached #9 on the executive course there was an aggresive one on the tee box, I hissed at it and it came flying right at me..I just stood there calmly and when it got close I slapped it across the face with my left hand (I was holding the bag with the right) and they all ran away. I guess that was the big bull in the herd

Halarious.

31 May 2012 10:48 #35 by UNDER MODERATION

Hey and not to change the subject: My Mothers Day present to my wife bloomed yesterday! This is a $279 high altitude Himilayian Rose Hybred bush that was propegated high in the Andes mountians and shipped direct to me...To say thats its spectacular is an insult..And its incredibly fragrant, she loves to sit by it in the mornings while reading her kindle Books..

31 May 2012 12:28 - 31 May 2012 12:34 #36 by UNDER MODERATION
Back to the subject: After fully reading this thread SM is right. Strip away all your pre conceptions and all your "well everybodies doing it" bullshit and think about who has done more harm to more people? The guy who sticks up a Bank or a 7/11, or Mit Romney?

Its clearley Mit Romney! He's taking away tens of thousands of peoples pensions, futures and lives and putting it right into his own pocket, what could possibly be worse?

31 May 2012 12:29 #37 by BearMtnHIB

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The liberal worldview? Venture capital is good and we will milk it but when Romney was in power at Bain, it was wholly evil. More contradiction?

For the 5th time, private equity is not inherently evil... It's the a**holes that can do it badly, and Romney was one that did it badly. He's proved over and over again that he doesn't care about lying to people and making promises in good faith about pensions, health benefits, severances, etc., and then breaking the bargain, and pocketing millions, while saddling the U.S. Government (read: TAXPAYERS) with the millions to cover the costs that Bain put in its pockets.

You can continue to lie about it, but it doesn't change it. As a liberal, I'm not against profits, and wealth creation...I'm against sleazebags that screw people and are so out of touch and sociopathic that they DON'T CARE about the people whose jobs they destroy, as long as they make a profit.

Probably too difficult a concept for you.

Look- In a market society- Somebody has to clean up the mess that stupid people make. What I mean by this is that people, unions and even corporate officers usually can't see when their business has become out-of-date, replaced by newer technology- outsourced to another country because the labor costs and regulations and taxes are higher than the business can support. The business- for whatever reason – is no longer viable.

It happens all the time in a market economy where only the viable business model survives. At one time, there must have been a dozen companies making buggy whips- but one at a time, they slowly disappeared from the economy as consumers transitioned from horses and buggies to the automobile. Buggy whip employees lost their jobs because the market for that product melted away. No doubt - those last two buggy whip makers were probably the best in the business- but a company with a product and no market is no longer viable.

There are numerous reasons why corporations reach a point where they are no longer viable. Some of the big reasons are markets conditions changing, labor costs, intrusive regulations, taxes and corporate mis-management. In a market society- no one is guaranteed that their job will be around forever- no one is owed any job security by their employer.
A company like Bain Capital is no different than the guy who buys a car with a blown engine for cheap- fixes it up and sells it for a profit. No different than the guy who fixes and flips houses- sometimes all a person has to do is buy the worst house on the street – kick out the deadbeat section8 renters- fix and clean up the place and re-sell it. It’s called VALUE-added.

Each person or company takes a risk when they do this- don’t matter if your name is Bain Capital – or Joe the mechanic- or Jane the house flipper.
Many times a company is worth more in pieces- than as a whole. Investment companies like Bain see that value- and they come in- buy the company and instead of waiting until the assets are worthless- they sell off the pieces. This is no different than Joe the mechanic parting out a car that is worth more as parts- than trying to fix it up again.

The economy needs people with this expertise just as much as it needs a plumber- or a doctor- or an engineer. And there’s nothing wrong with taking a looser company and providing a value added service in order to find profit where others failed to see any.

Tough luck to those who lost their jobs, in many cases the workers could see this coming from a long way off, but instead of re-evaluating and changing course- they ride a losing company right off the cliff and then wonder why it happened. Thank goodness someone knows what they are doing- in a communist economy they just keep the loser company and keep producing a product that is no longer needed.

A market economy is much more efficient than that- we get rid of our losers (eventually).

31 May 2012 12:34 #38 by LadyJazzer
And how's that thing working for ya of screwing the terminated employees out of their bargained-for pension benefits, health-care, and severance packages...pocketing the money...and saddling the TAXPAYERS with a $44 million bill to make good on the broken settlement so that the Mitt-bot could walk away with his pockets full?

You keep ignoring the point of the post so you can go back to your teabagger talking-points...

So, in case you quoted it, but didn't read it, or missed the point of it:

For the 5th time, private equity is not inherently evil... It's the a**holes that can do it badly, and Romney was one that did it badly. He's proved over and over again that he doesn't care about lying to people and making promises in good faith about pensions, health benefits, severances, etc., and then breaking the bargain, and pocketing millions, while saddling the U.S. Government (read: TAXPAYERS) with the millions to cover the costs that Bain put in its pockets.

You can continue to lie about it, but it doesn't change it. As a liberal, I'm not against profits, and wealth creation...I'm against sleazebags that screw people and are so out of touch and sociopathic that they DON'T CARE about the people whose jobs they destroy, as long as they make a profit.

Probably too difficult a concept for you.

You may now return to your defense of private equity companies...which doesn't address what I posted.

31 May 2012 12:40 #39 by BearMtnHIB
The great thing is that when our robot- Mittens wins the election- he might start gutting the welfare state and kick all the looters out on their ass.

The experience he got at Bain might be just the ticket for the affliction of lazy - entitlement minded Americans.

And then those of us who are the producers around here can get some relief.

31 May 2012 12:43 #40 by UNDER MODERATION

LadyJazzer wrote: And how's that thing working for ya of screwing the terminated employees out of their bargained-for pension benefits, health-care, and severance packages...pocketing the money...and saddling the TAXPAYERS with a $44 million bill to make good on the broken settlement so that the Mitt-bot could walk away with his pockets full?

lol Another Knock out Punch from LJ!

They don't mind corporate walfare LJ...They don't mind that we all (taxpayers) pay for, or subsidizee WalMarts work force by providing them with food stamps..We feed WalMart employees because WalMart can't afford to pay them enough to eat.

Unionize WalMart workers and they'll be able to feed themselves..Sure, the Walton family might have only 100 billion instead of 101 billion in the bank, but they'll be fine..

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds