Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

30 May 2012 20:12 #1 by Unpopular Poster
Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer was created by Unpopular Poster
[youtube:2ok2t5sa]
[/youtube:2ok2t5sa]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2012 20:23 #2 by archer
I'm sure Mitt is very proud of what he did, he made lots of money for his investors (which is what equity firms do) and the collateral damage, the loss of pensions, the loss of jobs, that's just part of being a successful vulture capitalist. I am sure he is admired by those who see making money as the ultimate goal. It's the bottom line that matters....make us rich, I don't care how you do it or who you hurt, or.....even if it hurts my country.

30 May 2012 20:27 #3 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer
[youtube:21b21fj4]
[/youtube:21b21fj4]

30 May 2012 20:29 #4 by Unpopular Poster

archer wrote: I'm sure Mitt is very proud of what he did, he made lots of money for his investors (which is what equity firms do) and the collateral damage, the loss of pensions, the loss of jobs, that's just part of being a successful vulture capitalist. I am sure he is admired by those who see making money as the ultimate goal. It's the bottom line that matters....make us rich, I don't care how you do it or who you hurt, or.....even if it hurts my country.

Sadly, this is the republicans version capitalism

30 May 2012 20:29 #5 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: I'm sure Mitt is very proud of what he did, he made lots of money for his investors (which is what equity firms do) and the collateral damage, the loss of pensions, the loss of jobs, that's just part of being a successful vulture capitalist. I am sure he is admired by those who see making money as the ultimate goal. It's the bottom line that matters....make us rich, I don't care how you do it or who you hurt, or.....even if it hurts my country.

Those big bad equity firms also make tons of money for public unions, private unions, thousands of corporate benefits packages and add a nice does of campaign contributions to politicians. Take that away and you're really going to hurt your country.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 May 2012 20:41 #6 by FredHayek
The liberal worldview? Venture capital is good and we will milk it but when Romney was in power at Bain, it was wholly evil. More contradiction?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 May 2012 20:42 - 30 May 2012 20:45 #7 by Unpopular Poster

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Those big bad equity firms also make tons of money for public unions, private unions, thousands of corporate benefits packages and add a nice does of campaign contributions to politicians. Take that away and you're really going to hurt your country.

Whats that? Whats that smell I smell? Oh it's the $h!t you just posted

lol
Nobody thinks campaign contributions to politicians has ever helped "the country" and name one public or private union that has ever invested in Ampad/Bain Capital?

30 May 2012 20:44 #8 by Unpopular Poster

FredHayek wrote: The liberal worldview? Venture capital is good and we will milk it but when Romney was in power at Bain, it was wholly evil. More contradiction?

Translation please?

WTF?

30 May 2012 20:49 - 31 May 2012 00:36 #9 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: The liberal worldview? Venture capital is good and we will milk it but when Romney was in power at Bain, it was wholly evil. More contradiction?

For the 5th time, private equity is not inherently evil... It's the a**holes that can do it badly, and Romney was one that did it badly. He's proved over and over again that he doesn't care about lying to people and making promises in good faith about pensions, health benefits, severances, etc., and then breaking the bargain, and pocketing millions, while saddling the U.S. Government (read: TAXPAYERS) with the millions to cover the costs that Bain put in its pockets.

You can continue to lie about it, but it doesn't change it. As a liberal, I'm not against profits, and wealth creation...I'm against sleazebags that screw people and are so out of touch and sociopathic that they DON'T CARE about the people whose jobs they destroy, as long as they make a profit.

Probably too difficult a concept for you.

30 May 2012 20:52 #10 by Reverend Revelant

Super Malta wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Whats that? Whats that smell I smell? Oh it's the $h!t you just posted

lol
Nobody thinks campaign contributions to politicians has ever helped "the country" and name one public or private union that has ever invested in Ampad/Bain Capital?

And where did I say Bain? You have a problem with reading comprehension? Try this on for size...

Large public pension plans are pouring more money into private-equity funds, deepening ties between government workers and an industry currently under the harsh glare of U.S. presidential politics.

Big public-employee pensions had about $220 billion invested in private equity in September, or 11% of their assets, according to Wilshire Trust Universe Comparison Service, which tracks the holdings of pensions, foundations and endowments.

Private-equity funds buy companies, restructure them and try to profit by reselling them at a higher price. That approach, particularly with respect to the fate of workers at companies they buy, has become an issue in the Republican campaign because Mitt Romney formerly led private-equity firm Bain Capital.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 50732.html

Or how about...

Capital Stewardship supports the active ownership program created by the SEIU Master Trust Pension Plan, which manages pooled assets of three multi-employer pension funds. Together, the three funds have approximately $1.8 billion in assets on behalf of more than 50,000 participants and beneficiaries. The SEIU Master Trust is an active owner of its equity investments through shareholder resolutions, company engagement, and issue advocacy directly, and through active participation in the cOuncil of Institutional Investors and the UN principals for Responsible Investment.

http://www.seiu.org/a/capital-stewardship.php

or this...

But here's a major catch, as Michael Corkery points out in today's Wall Street Journal. Those same public sector unions think so little of private equity firms that they've been moving billions of their precious pension fund dollars into investments in just those companies.

The reason: it seems they're fairly successful at producing something called profits, which are evil when they go to business and swell if they flow into union pension funds.

Early last fall about $220 billion in public employee pension money was invested in private equity companies. That's 11% of their assets, up from 3% just ten years ago.

http://news.investors.com/article/59900 ... -funds.htm

Your girly-panties are showing.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds