Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

31 May 2012 18:32 #51 by Martin Ent Inc
LJ musta had a brain fart. BO has already accomplished all of that - crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2012 18:54 #52 by FredHayek
One of the lib's favorite things to say against Romney as MA governor is that he didn't create many jobs but the unemployment rate was less than 5%. Obama promised 6% and is still 25% off his goals.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 May 2012 19:10 #53 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: I know what Bain did... I can read and Google the stories of the destruction by unethical practices as well as anyone...And I can watch the testimonials of those who were screwed after promises were made.

But thanks for playing. Your knee-jerk anti-union screed is duly noted.

Nothing knee-jerk about your posts. :bash :rofl

31 May 2012 19:30 #54 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: One of the lib's favorite things to say against Romney as MA governor is that he didn't create many jobs but the unemployment rate was less than 5%. Obama promised 6% and is still 25% off his goals.

Mitt's job-creation rate slipped from 36th in the nation to 47th... Yup...Sound like a real winner... In fact, since you guys LOVE to talk so much about "broken promises", here's a list for ya:

Mitt Romney ran for governor of Massachusetts promising more jobs, decreased debt, and smaller government.

Here’s what Massachusetts got instead:

Jobs: 47th out of 50 states in job creation

Stagnant job growth: During Governor Romney’s term, Massachusetts fell from 36th to 47th out of 50 states in job creation, while the overall U.S. economy grew. Of the jobs that were created in Massachusetts, state government jobs grew at six times the rate of private sector jobs.

Taxes and fees: Increased by $750 million per year

..Higher taxes: Governor Romney raised taxes and fees on the middle class while cutting taxes for millionaires like himself and 278 of the wealthiest individuals in Massachusetts.

Long-term debt: Increased more than $2.6 billion. Highest debt in the nation: Under Mitt Romney, Massachusetts’ debt burden grew to the highest rate per person in the nation.

..Increased government spending: State spending increased every year while Romney was in office, and he left behind a $1 billion deficit for the next governor.

Source: Talking Points Memo

Romney as Governor

JOBS> Increase of 51,362 or a growth of 1.3% ranking the state 47th of 50

Taxes> combined state and local rate went from 9.8% to 10.5% +.7%

Touching on what I believe is the top two talking points of the 2012 Presidential race of the GOP, the numbers are the numbers. As CEO of Massachusetts, Romney’s lack of job creation of 1.3% would be unacceptable on the national level. The glaring failure in these numbers is his ranking among states. Comparing Romney to his 49 other peers is a fair and balanced way look at his record, 47 out of 50!

Taxes under CEO Romney increased overall through increasing fees on services and creating new fees. During his term he created 33 new fees while increasing 57. Court fees, marriage licensing , professional regulations, fire arms and fees on businesses, such as a fee to erect a sign. Romney increased the gasoline fee and signed legislation to allow for increases in commercial property taxes.

CEO Romney, reduced spending by $1.6 billion to include $700 million to cities and towns, shifting the burden to local revenue sources. This increased property taxes in the state by 5%.

The truth is in the numbers and Romney’s words need to be overlooked. The top 2 talking points of the GOP, jobs and taxes, Romney does not get a passing grade. While Romney’s record at Bain might have some value, his record as Governor is far more important. Fees another word for taxes! Looking at the fees he raised, I can’t imagine the National Rifle Association being to thrilled with him. On a side note to the NRA, Romney banned assault weapons.

http://defenderofthemiddleclass.com/ceo ... itt-romney

Yeah, I'm TRULY impressed.... But don't worry, Massachusetts, Romney was just "passing through" and he "visited there" for one term, and did so well, he only lasted one term....

31 May 2012 20:04 #55 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

Connie+H wrote: Lady Jazzer: Bain bought out companies that were in the throws of bankruptcy and for the most part, made them very successful. When the unions would not negotiate with Bain in a fair manner, those companies had no alternative but to declare bankruptcy. At least Bain kept them alive for a few more years than they would otherwise have been. In every state that is now "right to work", the unemployment is down. It wasn't Bain or Romney that closed these companies, it was the unions.

lol Wow, youre out of your mind. Romney didn't buy ANY companies with the intention of running them, he bought them to liquidate them..... for personal profit.

01 Jun 2012 07:38 #56 by FredHayek

Vice Lord wrote:

Connie+H wrote: Lady Jazzer: Bain bought out companies that were in the throws of bankruptcy and for the most part, made them very successful. When the unions would not negotiate with Bain in a fair manner, those companies had no alternative but to declare bankruptcy. At least Bain kept them alive for a few more years than they would otherwise have been. In every state that is now "right to work", the unemployment is down. It wasn't Bain or Romney that closed these companies, it was the unions.

lol Wow, youre out of your mind. Romney didn't buy ANY companies with the intention of running them, he bought them to liquidate them..... for personal profit.

Ever take a course in business? Liquidating companies is not a money making strategy usually. But sometimes companies are so poorly run, it is better to take the capital out of the business and put it where it can do good. Like liquidating the buggy whip company and building a CFL factory.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jun 2012 07:48 - 01 Jun 2012 07:49 #57 by UNDER MODERATION
Oh I see now! He's trying to help people and communities, just like a salesman is always trying to help you with the fabulous product he is selling....

Sap

Romney doesn't start companies with the pension money he takes away from old people who've worked all their lives for it. He puts it in foriegn tax sheltered bank accounts

01 Jun 2012 07:49 #58 by Reverend Revelant

Super Malta wrote:

archer wrote: I'm sure Mitt is very proud of what he did, he made lots of money for his investors (which is what equity firms do) and the collateral damage, the loss of pensions, the loss of jobs, that's just part of being a successful vulture capitalist. I am sure he is admired by those who see making money as the ultimate goal. It's the bottom line that matters....make us rich, I don't care how you do it or who you hurt, or.....even if it hurts my country.

Sadly, this is the republicans version capitalism

It appears to be Bill Clinton's version too...

[youtube:33pidzgb]

[/youtube:33pidzgb]

So I don’t think that we ought to get in the position where we say this is bad work, this is good work. I think, however, the real issue ought to be what has Governor Romney advocated in the campaign that he will do as president? What has President Obama done and what does he propose to do? How do these things stack up against each other, that’s the most relevant thing. There’s no question that in terms of getting up and going to the office, and you know, basically performing the essential functions of the office, a man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold. [/b][/i]

Bill... you're going to get a call from the Liar in Chief.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 07:57 #59 by UNDER MODERATION

Vice Lord wrote: Oh I see now! He's trying to help people and communities, just like a salesman is always trying to help you with the fabulous product he is selling....

Sap

Romney doesn't start companies with the pension money he takes away from old people who've worked all their lives for it. He puts it in foriegn tax sheltered bank accounts

Employees need to be #1 on the creditors list when a company goes bankrupt. They should get paid first and the liquidaters will be out of business. Sell everything and fulfill the obligations made to the employees, then Romney can take whats left. Hows that guys? Because right now employees are only behind small investors on the creditor list..Surprising how people are ALWAYS the last to get paid isn't it? How did that happen? Shows you who writes the policy in this country, it's no longer a country of "We the people", we the people don't have a voice in anything-

We are all slaves to Corporate Interests

01 Jun 2012 08:15 #60 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Mit Romney: The Dream Stealer

Vice Lord wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Oh I see now! He's trying to help people and communities, just like a salesman is always trying to help you with the fabulous product he is selling....

Sap

Employees need to be #1 on the creditors list when a company goes bankrupt. They should get paid first and the liquidaters will be out of business. Sell everything and fulfill the obligations made to the employees, then Romney can take whats left. Hows that guys? Because right now employees are only behind small investors on the creditor list..Surprising how people are ALWAYS the last to get paid isn't it? How did that happen? Shows you who writes the policy in this country, it's no longer a country of "We the people", we the people don't have a voice in anything-

We are all slaves to Corporate Interests

Excellent post VL

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds