Romney says "I like being able to fire people"

02 Jun 2012 16:30 #21 by archer
hmmmmm.....maybe that should be a D instead.....no one addressed the $10k bet.......who was he "upgrading" there.....and to what?

Get back to me when you have figured out the spin on that one and the dog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2012 17:33 #22 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: hmmmmm.....maybe that should be a D instead.....no one addressed the $10k bet.......who was he "upgrading" there.....and to what?

Get back to me when you have figured out the spin on that one and the dog.

Of course you keep running away from my question...

So you know he takes pleasure in it? You're a mind reader or something?You lefties will spin a story down to butter... won't you. First this story was "Romney loves to fire people..." And then when you're shown the whole statement, and not some propaganda from the White House or some PAC, now you are forced to spin it down to "takes pleasure" in changing ill-performing service providers.

Gee... then I guess the last time you upgraded your cell phone, or purchased that faster internet connection, you didn't show anyone the great new phone features or make any comments about your upgraded internet service. Maybe you just sulked about it. What's next. It's politically incorrect for someone to show any satisfaction that a they made a good decision and are happy with a new product or service?

No answer huh?

And you've avoided answer this question too...

By the way Archer. The other day, in a thread about Obama's economic progress (or lack of progress) you stated "The FACT is.....I am better off today than I was the day before Obama took office. What about that don't you understand?" So... can you explain what Obama policy/policies have enabled you to be "better off today than I was the day before Obama took office?"

You're full of opinions and pulp until you're asked questions that you have no answers to, and then you balk.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Jun 2012 17:35 #23 by LOL

pineinthegrass wrote: More lies to clear up...

Romney was specifically talking about the ability to get rid of your health insurance provider when you aren’t satisfied with its services.

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," Romney said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."

So Romney wasn't referring to his work at Bain Capital -- or to the more general question of serving as a boss who has decided to fire employees of his company -- but rather the notion of switching service providers. He might as well have been talking about switching cellphone carriers or cable TV companies.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/11/context-does-mitt-romney-firing-people/

Thanks Pine. Another LJ outrage rant cleared up! LOL
Thanks for playing. :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jun 2012 17:38 #24 by LadyJazzer
Romney likes to fire people... He's made that clear over and over again...in his business dealings, in his lack of compassion, in everything he does. Limiting it to a specific incident instead of the obvious generalization that it is is "disingenous" at best...(read: lie).

02 Jun 2012 17:43 - 02 Jun 2012 17:51 #25 by LOL
Firing people is sometimes necessary. I don't know if Romney "likes" it or just realizes it is necessary and likes having the power to do it. Seems to me Obama fired the GM CEO, and probably some others, (Fannie Freddie, AIG, some of his Whitehouse staff, etc ?) You would have to ask Obama if he enjoyed it or liked having the power to fire people. :lol:

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jun 2012 17:46 #26 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Romney likes to fire people... He's made that clear over and over again...in his business dealings, in his lack of compassion, in everything he does. Limiting it to a specific incident instead of the obvious generalization that it is is "disingenous" at best...(read: lie).

You complain about edited videos from Live Action on the sex-selection abortion issue, and then you use an edited video of Romney where his WHOLE statement is taken out of context (and clipped short). You're really a snifter short of a brandy Lady Jazzer.

02 Jun 2012 17:48 - 02 Jun 2012 17:52 #27 by archer
Uh..."I like being able to fire people" is a direct quote from Romney. Why don't you believe him joe? I can't recall Obama saying he liked to fire people. Do you?

02 Jun 2012 17:51 #28 by LOL
Archer, I was responding to Pine's article/link from the debates quote.

02 Jun 2012 17:52 #29 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Uh..."I like to fire people" is a direct quote from Romney. Why don't you believe him joe? I can't recall Obama saying he liked to fire people. Do you?

A direct quote in regards to firing people providing SERVICES. Are you that dense?

02 Jun 2012 17:56 #30 by Reverend Revelant

Joe wrote: Archer, I was responding to Pine's article/link from the debates quote.

And so was Archer. That's the only time Romney used the term "I like to fire people" and it was in regards to changing health insurance and companies that supply a person with services. It was not a reference to employees, contractors, individuals, union members. federal workers or anything else like that. Both Lady Jazzer and her little attack poodle know that.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds