Romney says "I like being able to fire people"

02 Jun 2012 18:09 #31 by rguerette

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: And so was Archer. That's the only time Romney used the term "I like to fire people" and it was in regards to changing health insurance and companies that supply a person with services. It was not a reference to employees, contractors, individuals, union members. federal workers or anything else like that. Both Lady Jazzer and her little attack poodle know that.

:yeahthat: :like:

The libs can only see one side of the coin...the other side doesn't exist...unless it's a double headed coin.

How many jobs have been lost since BO came into office? 20, 30, 40 million? How many have been created in the same time? 3-4 million? And he's claiming success? Really dude? Get out of office and get a REAL job in the private sector and we'll see how you do...before you get fired because you're (BO) completely incompetent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2012 18:17 #32 by Reverend Revelant

rguerette wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: And so was Archer. That's the only time Romney used the term "I like to fire people" and it was in regards to changing health insurance and companies that supply a person with services. It was not a reference to employees, contractors, individuals, union members. federal workers or anything else like that. Both Lady Jazzer and her little attack poodle know that.

:yeahthat: :like:

The libs can only see one side of the coin...the other side doesn't exist...unless it's a double headed coin.

How many jobs have been lost since BO came into office? 20, 30, 40 million? How many have been created in the same time? 3-4 million? And he's claiming success? Really dude? Get out of office and get a REAL job in the private sector and we'll see how you do...before you get fired because you're (BO) completely incompetent.

You're new here... so maybe I can help you out and explain something. Lady Jazzer and Archer tend to put the conservatives on 285 Bound on "ignore" which means, they can't see your comments. So what happens frequently in a thread is that they wind up not seeing your responses, not seeing the debate, not seeing the "other side of the coin" and talking to themselves.

They look rather stupid to the folks at home, who can see all the comments and haven't "ignored" anyone. It's typical of the liberal pattern to not want to debate or listen to anyone from another point of view. All these liberal do is... :can't hear

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Jun 2012 19:39 #33 by Martin Ent Inc
people go through life with blinders on, at least most of the libs and those that want the government to take care of them from birth to death.
So this is why they only read the first sentence then draw a conclusion, because the gov. didn't tell them it was good, ok or otherwise approved for them.

03 Jun 2012 12:25 #34 by Rick
When I had my business, I LOVED TO FIRE PEOPLE. That's right, I said it. Because when I fired someone, it was only because they desreved to be fired. They either stole from me, or they continued to do sub-par work, even after being educated over and over againn about how to do the job properly, then reverting back to their old bad habbits.

I didn't start the business for the benefit of half-assed workers. I started it for the benefit of my family and anyone else that wanted to join the team and make the company grow.

The reason I enjoyed firing them was because when I did, those on the "half-assed work fence" suddenly found Jesus, put out better work, then got higher compensation. I was also able to bring in new people who were just as eager to do a good job (until they fell off the wagon).

So yes, firing dead weight is not only fun, it's also profitable! IMO, this is the main reason why our public schools suck so bad, and why unions in general create an environment of mediocre robots with no incentive to be the best they can be.

The only time firing hurt my heart, was when I was too sick to keep the business going and no longer had a choice.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Jun 2012 12:42 #35 by JMC

CritiKalbILL wrote: When I had my business, I LOVED TO FIRE PEOPLE. That's right, I said it. Because when I fired someone, it was only because they desreved to be fired. They either stole from me, or they continued to do sub-par work, even after being educated over and over againn about how to do the job properly, then reverting back to their old bad habbits.

I didn't start the business for the benefit of half-assed workers. I started it for the benefit of my family and anyone else that wanted to join the team and make the company grow.

The reason I enjoyed firing them was because when I did, those on the "half-assed work fence" suddenly found Jesus, put out better work, then got higher compensation. I was also able to bring in new people who were just as eager to do a good job (until they fell off the wagon).

So yes, firing dead weight is not only fun, it's also profitable! IMO, this is the main reason why our public schools suck so bad, and why unions in general create an environment of mediocre robots with no incentive to be the best they can be.

The only time firing hurt my heart, was when I was too sick to keep the business going and no longer had a choice.

Did you do crap job of hiring so you could enjoy firing people?
I took it as a failure of mine and my management in hiring if we had to fire a lot.
So much for personal responsibility.

03 Jun 2012 12:53 #36 by Reverend Revelant

jmc wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: When I had my business, I LOVED TO FIRE PEOPLE. That's right, I said it. Because when I fired someone, it was only because they desreved to be fired. They either stole from me, or they continued to do sub-par work, even after being educated over and over againn about how to do the job properly, then reverting back to their old bad habbits.

I took it as a failure of mine and my management in hiring if we had to fire a lot.

And you can say that with a "straight face"? Google-Fu is my friend.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

03 Jun 2012 13:05 #37 by JMC

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

jmc wrote:

And you can say that with a "straight face"? Google-Fu is my friend.

Sorry,too hip for me.

03 Jun 2012 13:07 #38 by Rick

jmc wrote:

You must be a far superior judge of people than myself. The only information I could get from past employers was meaningless as far as personality and performance. I've taken chances on people who seemed a little sub-par but needed a job badly, some were my best employees. I've also hired a few that seemed to be perfect until their "Eddie Haskell" front wore off and hands were caught in the cookie jar.
Just like when find a rodent in my house, I enjoy knowing I got em and they will never infest my property again. This has nothing to do with fairness...it's my call and I say what is fair. If the people I've fired had the ambition to start their own business, they would soon find out how hard it is to trust your financial life to sh$tty workers.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Jun 2012 13:19 #39 by JMC

CritiKalbILL wrote:

jmc wrote:

You must be a far superior judge of people than myself. The only information I could get from past employers was meaningless as far as personality and performance. I've taken chances on people who seemed a little sub-par but needed a job badly, some were my best employees. I've also hired a few that seemed to be perfect until their "Eddie Haskell" front wore off and hands were caught in the cookie jar.
Just like when find a rodent in my house, I enjoy knowing I got em and they will never infest my property again. This has nothing to do with fairness...it's my call and I say what is fair. If the people I've fired had the ambition to start their own business, they would soon find out how hard it is to trust your financial life to sh$tty workers.

I have seen very successful people fail, and "losers" succeed. Figuring that out for your companies situation is called Management!. If you have to fire a lot of people, you are a crap manager.

03 Jun 2012 14:42 #40 by Rick

jmc wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

jmc wrote:

I have seen very successful people fail, and "losers" succeed. Figuring that out for your companies situation is called Management!. If you have to fire a lot of people, you are a crap manager.

The amount of people I fired was relative to the number of years I was in business...you don't know either of those numbers. You also need to figure in the occupation. I don't know how many mechanics you've hired, but there is a very wide range from apprentices to seasoned and sometimes the apprentices can become the best employees or the seasoned "pros" can be the worst. I had many years of the same employees who did great jobs and made great money...but things change over time. If you know anything about mechanics, you know the good ones are hard to find.

If you are suggesting that I was a bad manager, I would just say that you have no idea how important my customer base was to me. My reputation could quickly be destroyed if I kept the guys who left my customers stranded or misdiagnosed problems resulting in unfair billing... and all the teaching in the world won't fix some people.

But thanks for the indirect insult.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds