Romney says "I like being able to fire people"

04 Jun 2012 12:26 #51 by LadyJazzer
I'll trade you a Holder for a Thomas, Scalia, Alito or Roberts any day of the week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2012 12:27 #52 by FredHayek

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Be aware that BO hasn't fired Holder because he is grooming him for a Supreme Court Justice position.

rofllol The only way that will happen is if the Dems win a 2/3 majority in the Senate. And even then I think some moderate Dems would not sign onto a Holder nomination.

lol Might be safer to have Holder as a Supreme since he won't be wrecking the Justice Department anymore.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jun 2012 12:30 #53 by LadyJazzer

04 Jun 2012 21:14 #54 by PrintSmith

FredHayek wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Be aware that BO hasn't fired Holder because he is grooming him for a Supreme Court Justice position.

The only way that will happen is if the Dems win a 2/3 majority in the Senate. And even then I think some moderate Dems would not sign onto a Holder nomination.

Uhhh . . . . Fred? Not to interrupt your jocular mood, but confirmation of a justice or judge, along with every other office which is subject to Senate confirmation, is a simple majority proposition, not a 2/3 majority one. The 2/3 majority only applies to treaties, overriding a presidential veto and to convict on articles of impeachment (to convict on articles of impeachment requires 2/3 of those present - all others require 2/3 of the total number).

And Lord help us if the Democrats get a 2/3 majority - they did enough damage with a 3/5 majority the last time around.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds