Romney says "I like being able to fire people"

02 Jun 2012 08:55 #1 by LadyJazzer
[youtube:151gr2xo]
[/youtube:151gr2xo]

Kind of says it all, don't it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2012 09:08 #2 by rguerette
Yea, take a 17 second clip and turn it into an argument against him. Sorry, didn't work.

If someone can't do their job properly, why should they be allowed to continue their employment? Obama's policies have cause millions of good workers to lose their jobs because companies are afraid of what those policies have done or will do to their businesses.

Romney all the way. And when he's in office next January he won't be blaming anything on Obama, like BO keeps blaming Bush. BO is an arrogant, narcissistic ass that has never, and will never, take responsibility for his actions...he's always blaming someone else for problems and taking credit for the good things that he had nothing to do.

Go drink some more of your kool-aid.

02 Jun 2012 09:44 #3 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, like taking an edited clip and turning it into a phony argument that Obama said "I am a Muslim"?

Pot/Kettle/Black

02 Jun 2012 09:46 #4 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, like taking an edited clip and turning it into a phony argument that Obama said "I am a Muslim"?

Pot/Kettle/Black

Pot/Kettle/Black... doesn't change the facts.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Jun 2012 10:16 #5 by pineinthegrass
More lies to clear up...

Romney was specifically talking about the ability to get rid of your health insurance provider when you aren’t satisfied with its services.

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," Romney said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."

So Romney wasn't referring to his work at Bain Capital -- or to the more general question of serving as a boss who has decided to fire employees of his company -- but rather the notion of switching service providers. He might as well have been talking about switching cellphone carriers or cable TV companies.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/11/context-does-mitt-romney-firing-people/

02 Jun 2012 10:19 #6 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote: More lies to clear up...

Romney was specifically talking about the ability to get rid of your health insurance provider when you aren’t satisfied with its services.

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," Romney said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."

So Romney wasn't referring to his work at Bain Capital -- or to the more general question of serving as a boss who has decided to fire employees of his company -- but rather the notion of switching service providers. He might as well have been talking about switching cellphone carriers or cable TV companies.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/11/context-does-mitt-romney-firing-people/

:yeahthat:

Kind of says it all, don't it... [/b] (obligatory Lady Jazzer emoticons) rofllol lol

02 Jun 2012 11:15 #7 by BearMtnHIB
I don't see anything at all wrong with what our robot said here.

I see the ability to fire a person or company who does a bad job as a consumers right. Do a good job and you keep me as a loyal customer- screw it up and I may excersize my right as a free consumer to let you go.

Just what would LJ prefer to see instead?

Ridiculous.

02 Jun 2012 12:06 #8 by archer
I don't have a problem with having the ability to fire people who do not perform, what I do have a problem with is Romney's obvious glee with being able to fire people. The man doesn't have a compassionate, or caring, bone in his body. Case in point.....the now infamous dog story. Sorry, but I really don't want a president who can't understand that the difficult decisions he makes have real human consequences. I especially don't want some cold-hearted robot sending our young men and women off to war without understanding the sacrifice they and their families are making. I have yet to see Romney show any concern for anything or anyone other than himself.

02 Jun 2012 12:12 #9 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote: I don't have a problem with having the ability to fire people who do not perform, what I do have a problem with is Romney's obvious glee with being able to fire people. The man doesn't have a compassionate, or caring, bone in his body. Case in point.....the now infamous dog story. Sorry, but I really don't want a president who can't understand that the difficult decisions he makes have real human consequences. I especially don't want some cold-hearted robot sending our young men and women off to war without understanding the sacrifice they and their families are making. I have yet to see Romney show any concern for anything or anyone other than himself.

:yeahthat: :like: :thumbsup:

02 Jun 2012 12:38 #10 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: I don't have a problem with having the ability to fire people who do not perform, what I do have a problem with is Romney's obvious glee with being able to fire people. The man doesn't have a compassionate, or caring, bone in his body. Case in point.....the now infamous dog story. Sorry, but I really don't want a president who can't understand that the difficult decisions he makes have real human consequences. I especially don't want some cold-hearted robot sending our young men and women off to war without understanding the sacrifice they and their families are making. I have yet to see Romney show any concern for anything or anyone other than himself.

Here... let's pay close attention this time to what Romney was REALLY talking about... the ability to change who you are doing service with, change who you are dealing with... sort of like designers wanting the freedom of working with numerous design firms that they are comfortable with. I think you said "Most design firms hire as they need to, and the designers themselves like being able to work for many firms..." So.. now I'm going to post Romney's statement again... in BIG LETTERS... so they will penetrate your partisan pea-brain...

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," Romney said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me." [/b]

Kind of says it all, don't it... [/b] (obligatory Lady Jazzer emoticons) rofllol lol

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds