PARK COUNTY VISA BILLS, ANNUAL Report etc...

21 Jul 2010 21:07 #41 by Residenttroll returns

40coupe wrote: ColoradoXprss, I'd like to think the Dec.'09 $463.48 expenditure at the Conifer King Soopers was for carefully selected foodstuffs which were then promptly donated to one of Park County's Food Banks. . . but, somehow, I doubt that was the case.

I bet it was use to purchase food for the clients at the jail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2010 21:09 #42 by AV8OR

4evryoung wrote: From Monica Jones:

I have recently attended BOCC meetings and political meetings throughout the county in order to become an informed citizen regarding the upcoming election. The people of this county seem to be concerned about transparency and how their tax money is being spent. After looking at the warrants (bills paid by the county) in last week’s Fairplay Flume, I am outraged at the payment listed to UMB Visa in the amount of $673,466.08. By law, 30-25-111 C.R.S., it is the duty of the board of county commissioners to disclose “the name of and the amount paid to each individual or firm, a description of the services or material furnished to the county, and, as to other items, the nature of any claim and disclosing the fund charged with each expenditure.” This listing of “county credit card” seems to defy this law. Although the check was made to UMB Visa, they are not the vendor, they are a creditor. UMB Visa may receive the check but they then disburse this money to the individuals providing service. It would seem to me that amount of money would constitute many vendors and many different services or material provided. It may be that these expenditures are expensed properly in the budget but how would the citizens know that without requesting open records. I have made such a request this morning and am scheduled to pick up the information on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 12:00. I decided to research the bills further and found that the UMB Visa bill for January was $234,980.84, December $74,187.69, November $22,001.31 and October $15,151.63. Over $1,000,000.00 spent in five months without a breakdown of expenditures. I expect better from my county commissioners and that is why I am officially announcing my candidacy as an unaffiliated candidate for County Commissioner-District 3.

Monica Jones
Hartsel, CO

Unfortunately for Monica, she was NOT the first to bring this issue up. She piggy backed off a Republican candidate with regard to this issue. This issue was brought up well before Monica announced her intentions to run.

I have not found a single original thought from the "Jones" campaign. Furthermore, it appears that the majority of her campaign is mere "canned platitude."

Contrary to the platitude that Ms. Jones' has been campaigning on, I wonder if she has any solutions and any that belong to her.

If we support this kind of behavior then we are endorsing similar actions by that of a sheriff incumbent who possesses no original thought - either. Folks, are we not ready to demand better of our candidates?

21 Jul 2010 21:12 #43 by ColoradoXprss
January UMB Visa Bills:
Items which should throw a red flag to Park County Taxpayers~~
Millonzis Delicatessen Fairplay $92.47 (lunch for the county employees??)
Columbine Cafe Breckenridge $23.38 (lunch for 2??)
Brown Burro Cafe Fairplay- David B Wissel $97.52 (breakfast/lunch for Park County employees??)
Crooks Palace Black Hawk $34.39 (Dinner anyone??)
Ameristar Hotel Black Hawk $356.00 (Hotel stay for what?? In my book this is a major no no to have any kind of meeting/conference etc held in a gambling town)
Michaels in Lakewood $15.96 (County employee's craft supplies?? LOL)
Southwest Airlines - Linda Balough...why do we pay for people to come to Park County out of Taxpayers money? and put them up in a hotel Quality Inns Denver $103.35
Pizza Hut- 28.12 (Lunch on taxpayers dime??)
Target - Silverthorne, CO $129.83??
Subway - Fairplay $26.49??
IVG Stores $918.00 again a home furnishing decore store (hmmmmm)
El Rio, Bailey--- Breakfast or Lunch for our Law Enforcement guys?? $25.59
Cabelas- $318.89 hmmmm someones fishing trip or hunting trip on taxpayers dime???
El Rio, Bailey--- breakfast, lunch or dinner again??? $31.76
Walmart Englewood- $28.25???
Walmart Englewood- $22.45???
Walmart Englewood- Carmela Schweer $22.86?? WTF???
Carinos Italian Grill 20.69, 44.17
Westin Hotels, Westminster, CO Monte Gore $199.98 (Drive your sorry ass back up the mountain like all the other employeed people of Colorado)
Numerous Office Depot, Office MAX charges...this needs to be brought under control. This should be done by Vendor bid and one company alone should be supplying all the necessary supplies for the county.

Now I need to know how to upload a pdf file on here. :-)

21 Jul 2010 21:25 #44 by ColoradoXprss
I know some of these charges may seem trivial to some people, but in the scheme of things over time it adds up to a lot of MONEY. MONEY Park County taxpayers are footing the bill for. Quite a few of the charges on this Visa account should be questioned big time. If we don't get this under control now, the county is just going to keep going deeper and deeper into debt at our (taxpayers) expense.

21 Jul 2010 21:29 #45 by CC

Ameristar Hotel Black Hawk $356.00 (Hotel stay for what?? In my book this is a major no no to have any kind of meeting/conference etc held in a gambling town)

Fact is....Lots of big companies have conferences in Vegas and elsewhere.

21 Jul 2010 21:37 #46 by ColoradoXprss
Fact is also, that the Federal Government stepped in and put a stop to it for the Major Banks across the country. Our County shouldn't be holding conferences in gambling areas, period!!!! IMO not a very professional way to portray our County by holding such conferences in a gambling town. We aren't Donald Trump here. LOL

21 Jul 2010 21:44 #47 by Residenttroll returns

ColoradoXprss wrote: January UMB Visa Bills:
Items which should throw a red flag to Park County Taxpayers~~
Millonzis Delicatessen Fairplay $92.47 (lunch for the county employees??)
Columbine Cafe Breckenridge $23.38 (lunch for 2??)
Brown Burro Cafe Fairplay- David B Wissel $97.52 (breakfast/lunch for Park County employees??)
Crooks Palace Black Hawk $34.39 (Dinner anyone??)
Michaels in Lakewood $15.96 (County employee's craft supplies?? LOL)
Southwest Airlines - Linda Balough...why do we pay for people to come to Park County out of Taxpayers money? and put them up in a hotel Quality Inns Denver $103.35
Pizza Hut- 28.12 (Lunch on taxpayers dime??)
Target - Silverthorne, CO $129.83??
Subway - Fairplay $26.49??
IVG Stores $918.00 again a home furnishing decore store (hmmmmm)
El Rio, Bailey--- Breakfast or Lunch for our Law Enforcement guys?? $25.59
Cabelas- $318.89 hmmmm someones fishing trip or hunting trip on taxpayers dime???
El Rio, Bailey--- breakfast, lunch or dinner again??? $31.76
Walmart Englewood- $28.25???
Walmart Englewood- $22.45???
Walmart Englewood- Carmela Schweer $22.86?? WTF???
Carinos Italian Grill 20.69, 44.17
Westin Hotels, Westminster, CO Monte Gore $199.98 (Drive your sorry ass back up the mountain like all the other employeed people of Colorado)
Numerous Office Depot, Office MAX charges...this needs to be brought under control. This should be done by Vendor bid and one company alone should be supplying all the necessary supplies for the county.

Now I need to know how to upload a pdf file on here. :-)

Park County is not only the largest employer of Park County, it a major economic stimulus for Denver hospitality industry. Park County should just purchase a condo in Golden and have parties weekly in between the conferences. They could call it the Park County North Sub Station and Jail Business Development Offices.

21 Jul 2010 21:51 #48 by Mtn Gramma

AV8OR wrote: Unfortunately for Monica, she was NOT the first to bring this issue up. She piggy backed off a Republican candidate with regard to this issue. This issue was brought up well before Monica announced her intentions to run.

Who did she piggy-back off of?

21 Jul 2010 22:05 #49 by CC
I want to hear that answer myself.

22 Jul 2010 05:22 #50 by Let the Wildlife run PC

AV8OR wrote:
Unfortunately for Monica, she was NOT the first to bring this issue up.

[/quote]

It may have been "brought up before" but because of Monica Jones, and the "Freedom of Information Act" we finally have got to see it with our own eyes. We can "hear" about things till we're blue in the face, but the "proof is in the pudding". I still thank Monica for bringing it to US to visually see, and it's an amazing amount of "WASTE".

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds