Mitt guilty of felony perjury?

16 Jul 2012 18:31 #61 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Ryt_Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: typical deflection by conservatives to run from their candidate.

Typical guilty until proven innocent mentality from a liberal who thinks he knows it all.

And what about your candidate dog? What great accomplishment can he run on and what can we expect as far as economic policy in the next 4 years that will be different than the last 4? Or maybe his plan is to just stay the course with a sprinkling of new taxes.

feel free to start your own thread, this is on the Mittster and his lies. Deflect on your own thread.

Look, if your a poster, you didn't do this on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be my thread because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart posters out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else at posting the thread. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there helping you with this thread. You didn't do it on your own. (channeling Obama).

Still with the deflections. What about Mitt and his "responsibilities" with Bain during 1999 - 2002. Did he lie about it, how do you explain the facts, and if he did lie, is that felony perjury based on his previous sworn statements?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2012 18:34 #62 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Mitt guilty of felony perjury?

Ryt_Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: typical deflection by conservatives to run from their candidate.

Typical guilty until proven innocent mentality from a liberal who thinks he knows it all.

And what about your candidate dog? What great accomplishment can he run on and what can we expect as far as economic policy in the next 4 years that will be different than the last 4? Or maybe his plan is to just stay the course with a sprinkling of new taxes.

feel free to start your own thread, this is on the Mittster and his lies. Deflect on your own thread.

Are you saying you never deflect in order to make a related point? That should be pretty easy to check out. And I appoligize if I damaged your precious thread in some way.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jul 2012 18:35 #63 by Reverend Revelant

Ryt_Rick wrote:

Look, if your a poster, you didn't do this on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be my thread because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart posters out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else at posting the thread. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there helping you with this thread. You didn't do it on your own. (channeling Obama).

Still with the deflections. What about Mitt and his "responsibilities" with Bain during 1999 - 2002. Did he lie about it, how do you explain the facts, and if he did lie, is that felony perjury based on his previous sworn statements?

I've already given you my reply... in the form of experts and pundits who have better access to information about this topic. Just repeating yourself over and over (are you channeling Lady Jazzer) does not change the narrative one bit. I'll stand by the experts and pundits who I have quoted. You got your answer.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Jul 2012 18:37 #64 by Something the Dog Said

Ryt_Rick wrote:

I've already given you my reply... in the form of experts and pundits who have better access to information about this topic. Just repeating yourself over and over (are you channeling Lady Jazzer) does not change the narrative one bit. I'll stand by the experts and pundits who I have quoted. You got your answer.

So you have no thoughts of your own, but merely cut and paste from others?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Jul 2012 18:39 #65 by Reverend Revelant

Ryt_Rick wrote:

So you have no thoughts of your own, but merely cut and paste from others?

Yes... thought of my own. I believe the sources I quoted.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Jul 2012 18:41 #66 by Rick

Ryt_Rick wrote:

It's obvious there is no felony since there is an army of lawyers on the left and I'm not hearing anyone dumb enough to pursue this stupid accusation. If there was something to this, why would nobody but a few nuts still be obsessed with it? This would ensure an Obama victory would it not?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jul 2012 18:43 #67 by Something the Dog Said
We shall see, we shall see. Between his obvious lies about Bain and his hiding his earlier tax returns, it is obvious that he has plenty to hide.

16 Jul 2012 18:56 #68 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: We shall see, we shall see. Between his obvious lies about Bain and his hiding his earlier tax returns, it is obvious that he has plenty to hide.

Or maybe he's being smart with this and the tax returns. Let the left obsess over something that he knows will go nowhere, then release the info in the final hours to make the left look stupid and petty. Sounds like a familiar strategy does it not? Yes, we'll see.

George Orwell

16 Jul 2012 19:25 #69 by pineinthegrass

Something the Dog Said wrote: Bain acquired ownership interests in publicly traded companies which required SEC filings. For example, this link to the SEC database shows Bain acquiring ownership in chipsec which outsourced semiconductor manufacturing to china. Note that it is executed in 2001 by none other than W. Mitt Romney. Yet he claims he had no responsibility or knowledge of the operations of Bain at that very time.

http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/dat ... 000644.txt

One problem here is that over eager reporters and posters don't really understand the difference between outsourcing and offshoring.

Complaints about Romney generally are ment to imply that he shipped US jobs overseas. That's offshoring. Outsourcing is when a company hires another company, which can be domestic or foreign, do do work for them which they don't have the capacity to do themselves.

Having been in the semiconductor industry, oustsourcing is very common, especially for new companies. A semiconductor manufacturing facility can cost over $1 billion to build, and packaging/test facilities hundreds of millions.

I was at a start-up with about $20 million of VC funding, there is no way we could afford our own manufacturing other than very limited equipment. You could try to get the largest US companies to do it for you for a fee, but few would give you the time of day unless you give away your technology to them. My company made a deal with one major US company and it was a disaster. They got some of our technology and undersold us by selling the same chips we designed on the market for a price lower than what we could afford to do after buying the same chips from them. We did much better dealing with the Asian companies who were more interested in the fee we paid rather than taking our technology.

"Chipsec" is actually ChipPac. It had US offices, but was owned by Hyundai and already had its manufacturing in South Korea, China, and I think Taiwan. This was not an example of offshoring because they were already largely offshore. They did manufacturing services for many US companies, but I'm not aware of any significant jobs going away because of them. US companies moved a lot of manufacturing to Asia decades ago, mainly in the 1980's. Only the major players could afford to do it here and still compete. And again, the smaller companies, some of which grew to be big, had little choice in the matter because they could not afford to build the manufacturing facilities.

http://thelifeinexile.wordpress.com/tag/chippac/

16 Jul 2012 19:31 #70 by Something the Dog Said
Yet when Mitt signed the Bain documents recorded with the SEC to purchase an ownership interest in ChipPac (sorry for the typo), this was in 2001 when he was "retired" from Bain and, according to him, had no role in Bain operations.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds