Obama Didn't Attend Daily Intelligence Briefings

12 Sep 2012 23:00 #31 by LadyJazzer
I'll take that as a "NO, I don't have any proof that he didn't get the briefings in whatever form was most beneficial or convenient."

Thanks for playing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Sep 2012 23:12 #32 by otisptoadwater
Love my source or hate it, I can same the same thing for any post you make.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

12 Sep 2012 23:13 #33 by archer

otisptoadwater wrote:

archer wrote: Or it could be that Obama prefers to read the briefings rather than sit in meetings (on that I would agree with him).....or it could be that the Washington Post doesn't have a clue if he goes or not and just made the whole thing up.

Isn't speculation fun?

So if the POTUS might have some questions about something that he read it's more efficient for him to read a briefing hours later, ask someone on his staff to get an answer and then make a decision? It would be foolish of me to assume that you have any idea what is briefed in the morning intelligence meeting; there are issues that need to be addressed directly and they are time sensitive.

Really? you know what goes on in the briefing room? and you know when the president reads his briefing.....after not before the meeting? and you know how he handles any questions he might have, since surely if he called someone they would put him on hold......and OF COURSE, you believe everything the Washington Post tells you because, after all, they are so unbiased. yeah.....I do believe you are foolish.

12 Sep 2012 23:13 #34 by archer

otisptoadwater wrote: Love my source or hate it, I can same the same thing for any post you make.

Your forgot the "neener, neener"

12 Sep 2012 23:16 #35 by Dadirtykid
Bush must have left a note in the Resolute Desk that Obama didn't have to attend Intelligence Briefings. That's gotta be it.

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

12 Sep 2012 23:17 #36 by LadyJazzer
Well, we KNOW that Obama didn't follow Bush's example... Obama GOT Osama Bin Laden... and Bush didn't....

(Of course, Bush let him attack us in the first place... )

12 Sep 2012 23:20 #37 by Dadirtykid

Democracy4Sale wrote: Well, we KNOW that Obama didn't follow Bush's example... Obama GOT Osama Bin Laden... and Bush didn't....

Yea, we all saw the video of Obama dressed in assault gear shooting Osama in the head. Great point!

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

12 Sep 2012 23:23 #38 by otisptoadwater

archer wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote:

archer wrote: Or it could be that Obama prefers to read the briefings rather than sit in meetings (on that I would agree with him).....or it could be that the Washington Post doesn't have a clue if he goes or not and just made the whole thing up.

Isn't speculation fun?

So if the POTUS might have some questions about something that he read it's more efficient for him to read a briefing hours later, ask someone on his staff to get an answer and then make a decision? It would be foolish of me to assume that you have any idea what is briefed in the morning intelligence meeting; there are issues that need to be addressed directly and they are time sensitive.

Really? you know what goes on in the briefing room? and you know when the president reads his briefing.....after not before the meeting? and you know how he handles any questions he might have, since surely if he called someone they would put him on hold......and OF COURSE, you believe everything the Washington Post tells you because, after all, they are so unbiased. yeah.....I do believe you are foolish.

Do you have 27 years in the Navy as a CTR and later on as an Intelligence Officer, and did you ever contribute to briefings that feed into the daily briefing to the POTUS? I did.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

12 Sep 2012 23:24 #39 by LadyJazzer
Just as we all saw Bush having someone whisper in his ear (and getting that Deer-in-the-headlights look) that we'd just been hit...after months of his dismissing the intelligence briefings he didn't pay any attention to...

Great point! :lol:

12 Sep 2012 23:25 #40 by LadyJazzer

otisptoadwater wrote: [Do you have 27 years in the Navy as a CTR and later on as an Intelligence Officer, and did you ever contribute to briefings that feed into the daily briefing to the POTUS? I did.

What a great, irrelevant point. I'll take that as a "NO, I don't have any proof that he didn't get the briefings in whatever form was most beneficial or convenient."

Thanks for playing.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds