How To Improve The Presidential Debates?

30 Sep 2012 17:59 #1 by FredHayek
Drinking game? What should be the drinking words? Unemployment? Let me tell you this? Libya? I have stole some ideas from EW. Make Gordon Ramsey the moderator and he can make them also bake a soufle. Candidates must answer a question from the Newlywed Game? Strangest place you made whoopee?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2012 18:18 #2 by lionshead2010
Remove the teleprompter?

30 Sep 2012 18:44 #3 by LadyJazzer

lionshead2010 wrote: Remove the teleprompter?

Oh, how cute... But teleprompters aren't allowed in debates...However, it was noted that there appeared to be a rather suspicious lump under Bush's jacked during the last debate...

Bush’s mystery bulge
The rumor is flying around the globe. Was the president wired during the first debate?

Was President Bush literally channeling Karl Rove in his first debate with John Kerry? That’s the latest rumor flooding the Internet, unleashed last week in the wake of an image caught by a television camera during the Miami debate. The image shows a large solid object between Bush’s shoulder blades as he leans over the lectern and faces moderator Jim Lehrer.

http://www.salon.com/2004/10/09/bulge/

Of course, the "mystery bulge" could also possibly relate to that picture in the flight suit on the deck of the carrier...just before they unfurled that "Mission Accomplished" sign... But we have to assume that since they know "They can't win if they don't cheat", the earpiece was in lieu of a teleprompter.

30 Sep 2012 18:52 #4 by FredHayek
Or make it an updated version of Win Mitt Romney's Money? You win 100K every time you stump the governor.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Sep 2012 19:04 #5 by Soulshiner
No live audience.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

30 Sep 2012 20:50 #6 by Pony Soldier
You want to kill the audience?

30 Sep 2012 20:59 #7 by archer
Zombies are in right now, I think they vote Republican.

30 Sep 2012 21:52 #8 by LadyJazzer
I think they should bring in one of those TeaParty audiences that cheer when someone says, "Should we let people die if they don't have insurance?"; and boo when someone says, "What are you going to do for my kid that just got diagnosed with leukemia?"; and boo when a soldier on active-duty says, "I'm gay...Are you going to support DADT?" I think we should let the viewers at home see--again--just what the GOTP stands for....

01 Oct 2012 15:45 #9 by lionshead2010
I don't think they should even allow mini-teleprompters.

01 Oct 2012 15:50 - 01 Oct 2012 17:24 #10 by LOL
No audience, roundtable instead of lecturn/podium.

I'll wait for the SNL comic version, they know how to improve it.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds