Town Hall Presidential Debate Tonight

16 Oct 2012 17:25 #11 by Raees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2012 17:40 #12 by ScienceChic

Heisenberg wrote: One thing you know with 100% certainty, is that neither of them will be elected president. Therefore, at this point, it would be just as productive for us to watch you and PS debate... you have about the same chance of being POTUS. The time for getting third party excitement and support would have been four years ago and have that momentum grow till this election. But there has been no significant support from the masses... which sucks, but it IS reality. Ross Perot was the the last best chance, and he still had no chance. If you want to blame someone, look to our worthless media.

And I know with 100% certainty that Obama or Romney being elected means NOTHING will change (or any other Republican or Democrat for that matter). They have the same attitude that they don't have to work for our votes, or do their job , and that a vote for another candidate is a wasted vote because they are guaranteed to win. With that thought in mind, I'd argue that every bit of argument, opinion, and effort being posted on this board by anyone is as productive as me and PS debating. I refuse to give up because to do so is to give up on more than just this election; we're screwed if nothing changes. But if no one cares about the other candidates here specifically, I'll refrain from posting any additional information (I just like to support a democracy in which voters become well-informed about all candidates, and ideally all candidates have equal opportunity).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Oct 2012 18:10 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
SC it may make you feel good to vote for them because of your beliefs. however you are throwing away your vote because our stupid system is set up for the person with the most $$$$, and BS.

Hopefully we will have a revolution and things will change. we are way overdue for one, but many are prepared for it.

16 Oct 2012 18:19 #14 by FredHayek
Jill Stein just arrested at debate site according to Drudge. Debate Crashers!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Oct 2012 18:26 #15 by Raees
It's almost debate time. Romney must be in the makeup room getting his orange tint on.

16 Oct 2012 18:31 #16 by LOL
SC, I am interested in what Jill and Gary have to say, the more ideas and discussion the better. Thanks for the link. I just doubt I'd vote for either of them, but I'd listen and learn.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2012 18:37 - 16 Oct 2012 18:42 #17 by FredHayek
I think a four person debate would be more fun. And I think the outlier candidates should get to ask their own questions.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Oct 2012 18:41 #18 by Raees
Interviewing John Sununu, a spokesman for Romney in the "spin room." He was asked about something John Kerry said.

"Well, that's John Kerry. He's speaking for Barack Obama. I wouldn't believe a word he says."

The reporter didn't ask Sununu why that wouldn't apply to him as well.

16 Oct 2012 18:43 #19 by Martin Ent Inc
Keep on fish'n

16 Oct 2012 18:44 #20 by LOL

FredHayek wrote: I think a four person debate would be abbey more fun. And I think the outlier candidates should get to ask their own questions.

It would be fun with 4, maybe they should do that for the first. And then if anyone is polling 10% they get to stay in the game for debates.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds