Town Hall Presidential Debate Tonight

16 Oct 2012 14:25 #1 by FredHayek
:pop Who do you think will win? I expect Obama to do better this time, but I am not expecting much from either one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2012 14:37 #2 by LOL
I would expect this format to favor Obama, speaking directly to the audience, offer free stuff and talk a lot about class warfare. Depends on their questions, and it should be less confrontational, Romney should just keep it nice and stay out of trouble if he is smart.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2012 14:48 #3 by ScienceChic
If anyone is interested, Jill Stein is going to be debating the Libertarian Candidate, Gary Johnson on Thursday:

A few hours ago we sent you news of the first in a series of REAL DEBATES taking place between Dr. Jill Stein and Gov. Gary Johnson over the next couple weeks.

The first of these debates is this Thursday, October 18th, and is hosted by Google+ and organized by the Independent Voters Network. You can read all about how to participate in that debate by clicking here .

CNN Interview of them both on Oct 13th:
[youtube:bvz78gnt]
[/youtube:bvz78gnt]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Oct 2012 15:26 #4 by akilina
Rumney will win. All he has to do is point out Obuma's lack of leadership skills, the economy after 4 years and the libya debacle.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

16 Oct 2012 15:31 #5 by Pony Soldier

Science Chic wrote: If anyone is interested, Jill Stein is going to be debating the Libertarian Candidate, Gary Johnson on Thursday:

A few hours ago we sent you news of the first in a series of REAL DEBATES taking place between Dr. Jill Stein and Gov. Gary Johnson over the next couple weeks.

The first of these debates is this Thursday, October 18th, and is hosted by Google+ and organized by the Independent Voters Network. You can read all about how to participate in that debate by clicking here .

[youtube:svit7vqe]
[/youtube:svit7vqe]

You do realize that probably only about 1 in 300 people has actually even heard of either of those candidates. I do understand your protest vote. I voted for the libertarian instead of Bush or Kerry in '04 for similar reasons. I don't remember his name now and consider that vote wasted.

16 Oct 2012 15:35 #6 by LOL
I'd like to listen to Gary Johnson, but I wouldn't waste my vote either. (Unless I lived in a non-battleground state, then I might for fun!) :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2012 15:40 - 16 Oct 2012 15:42 #7 by akilina
Here's an interesting take originally from Ace of Spades http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... ts?page=47

Here's how he might play this when Benghazi comes up (or he brings it up himself)..."It's all well and good that Secretary Clinton is taking responsibility but my leadership experience has taught me that only the person at the top of the organization is truly responsible. President Obama is at the top of the Executive Branch and he's ducking responsibility. I'd like to know if the President agrees with the Secretary and if he does, why hasn't he asked for her resignation? If he doesn't agree, why doesn't he say who is responsible? Most importantly, why hasn't he taken responsibility from Day 1. Harry Truman didn't say the buck stopped at the Department of State, it stopped at his desk in the Oval Office."

And then it will get ugly for Obama when Romney ads, "And who does the President blame for the failure of his policies to get this economy going? The Secretary of the Treasury? Maybe he blames you the voters for not paying enough in taxes. This country needs a President who accepts the responsibility that comes with the job and doesn't blame his subordinates."...

What Hillary has done is hand Mitt a baseball bat, turned him in the direction of the giant Obama pinata on stage tonight and said, "Have at buddy. Maybe I'll see you in four years".

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

16 Oct 2012 15:40 #8 by FredHayek
I think it is higher than one in 300. Gary Johnson has been polling in the single digits. Unless you think Liberatrians are more likely to answer phone polls.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Oct 2012 15:54 #9 by Pony Soldier
Maybe, but how many people just answer "C" because they don't like A or B?

16 Oct 2012 16:13 #10 by Rick

Science Chic wrote: If anyone is interested, Jill Stein is going to be debating the Libertarian Candidate, Gary Johnson on Thursday:

[youtube:wb6hp9d1]
[/youtube:wb6hp9d1]

One thing you know with 100% certainty, is that neither of them will be elected president. Therefore, at this point, it would be just as productive for us to watch you and PS debate... you have about the same chance of being POTUS. The time for getting third party excitement and support would have been four years ago and have that momentum grow till this election. But there has been no significant support from the masses... which sucks, but it IS reality. Ross Perot was the the last best chance, and he still had no chance. If you want to blame someone, look to our worthless media.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds