Town Hall Presidential Debate Tonight

16 Oct 2012 18:52 #21 by Rick

Science Chic wrote:

Heisenberg wrote: One thing you know with 100% certainty, is that neither of them will be elected president. Therefore, at this point, it would be just as productive for us to watch you and PS debate... you have about the same chance of being POTUS. The time for getting third party excitement and support would have been four years ago and have that momentum grow till this election. But there has been no significant support from the masses... which sucks, but it IS reality. Ross Perot was the the last best chance, and he still had no chance. If you want to blame someone, look to our worthless media.

And I know with 100% certainty that Obama or Romney being elected means NOTHING will change (or any other Republican or Democrat for that matter). They have the same attitude that they don't have to work for our votes, or do their job , and that a vote for another candidate is a wasted vote because they are guaranteed to win. With that thought in mind, I'd argue that every bit of argument, opinion, and effort being posted on this board by anyone is as productive as me and PS debating. I refuse to give up because to do so is to give up on more than just this election; we're screwed if nothing changes. But if no one cares about the other candidates here specifically, I'll refrain from posting any additional information (I just like to support a democracy in which voters become well-informed about all candidates, and ideally all candidates have equal opportunity).

I understand. I also understand that there are huge differences in the two people who do have a chance to be pres. I'd also prefer a non republican or democrat but I see no reward in waiting in line to vote for someone with zero chance. Like I said, the time to be pushing for a third party was four years ago... I heard no criticism from you when Obama was elected, after all, he was the green president right? How'd that work out? I also want world peace, cold fusion, an Everlasting Gobstopper, and a heard of jet black unicorns. I won't get any of those either so I may as well be realistic and pick the lesser of two evils.

If you can find a way to get the worthless media to give equal time to third party candidates, maybe in our lifetime we'll see a change. But I doubt that will ever happen.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2012 19:05 #22 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: []And I know with 100% certainty that Obama or Romney being elected means NOTHING will change (or any other Republican or Democrat for that matter). They have the same attitude that they don't have to work for our votes, or do their job , and that a vote for another candidate is a wasted vote because they are guaranteed to win. With that thought in mind, I'd argue that every bit of argument, opinion, and effort being posted on this board by anyone is as productive as me and PS debating. I refuse to give up because to do so is to give up on more than just this election; we're screwed if nothing changes. But if no one cares about the other candidates here specifically, I'll refrain from posting any additional information (I just like to support a democracy in which voters become well-informed about all candidates, and ideally all candidates have equal opportunity).

Please don't refrain, some of us are interested. Many posters here voted for Perot in '92. (Bill, think about this. If we had gotten 7 out of 100 more d and 7 out of 100 more r votes he could have won. Somthing to think about.)

This election I have hopes for the "shadow" third party. That is the Tea Party. While the zombie contingent of the dem. party try to cast them as Nazis, misogynists, racists, holy rollers etc but it is a lie. The main thrust of the tea party is libertarian. We hope to eat the republican party from the inside.

16 Oct 2012 19:27 - 13 Nov 2012 17:13 #23 by The Boss

16 Oct 2012 20:20 #24 by LOL
Yikes, I never saw Obama get so mad...during the Libya question. He looked bad ass.... :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2012 20:56 #25 by Hoot Owl
I am voting for the guy married to the lady in the pink dress... Did they stage that also?

16 Oct 2012 21:04 - 16 Oct 2012 21:17 #26 by Raees

Blazer Bob wrote: The main thrust of the tea party is libertarian. We hope to eat the republican party from the inside.

So the Tea Party is more like a parasite inside its Repuglican host, a tape worm or flesh eating bacteria maybe?

16 Oct 2012 21:12 #27 by LOL
Overall it was good, both did well, and it was way more confrontational than I was expecting. They didn't seem to pay much attention to the crowd and questioners, more 1-1 attack and pre-planned messages. Ho Hum. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2012 21:17 #28 by Blazer Bob

Raees wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: The main thrust of the tea party is libertarian. We hope to eat the republican party from the inside.

So the Tea Party is more like a parasite inside its Repuglican host, a tape worm maybe?

The jury is out but I prefer to think of it as the first stages of the alien in the movie "Alien".

IE, pops out of an egg, gloms onto a host, then destroys it from inside.

16 Oct 2012 21:18 #29 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Town Hall Presidential Debate Tonight
Damn, it was on. I thought we were going to see them drop the mikes and go for it. That would have been fun.

16 Oct 2012 21:46 #30 by Raees
Romney: I will create 12 million jobs....

(later)

Romney: The government doesn't create jobs. The government doesn't create jobs.

He flipped-flopped right before our very eyes.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds