Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied

17 May 2013 08:19 #381 by homeagain
The cartoons characterize the M.O. of our entire government, both R's and D's AND in every department with in our governing body.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2013 13:58 #382 by archer

LadyJazzer wrote:

Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

One day after The White House released 100 pages of Benghazi emails, a report has surfaced alleging that Republicans released a set with altered text.

CBS News reported Thursday that leaked versions sent out by the GOP last Friday had visible differences than Wednesday's official batch. Two correspondences that were singled out in the report came from National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes and State Department Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland.

The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

The GOP version of Nuland's comment, according to CBS News: The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda's presence and activities of al-Qaeda."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5 ... -reported/

..And after altering them, then they string them together to manufacture additional "outrage"...Imagine my surprise....

I saw this this morning, my first thought was why do the conservatives here accuse liberals of being naive and believing what the Democrats tell them, while at the same time taking as gospel truth whatever the Republicans tell them.......really, skepticism is healthy, but only if you apply it equally to both sides......

For me....I'm still in wait and see mode to see what shakes out over time......there is too much rhetoric without foundation on both sides of the aisle.

18 May 2013 14:28 #383 by Photo-fish

archer wrote: I saw this this morning, my first thought was why do the conservatives here accuse liberals of being naive and believing what the Democrats tell them, while at the same time taking as gospel truth whatever the Republicans tell them.......really, skepticism is healthy, but only if you apply it equally to both sides......

For me....I'm still in wait and see mode to see what shakes out over time......there is too much rhetoric without foundation on both sides of the aisle.

:yeahthat:
Seems like they are taking their sweet time bringing in the folks who might have the best information. It appears that they are dragging this out a bit too much to plaster the news with innuendo and speculation just to have that information corrected within the following days.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

18 May 2013 16:07 #384 by FredHayek
Taking too long to get the news about Benghazi? Probably but part of that was the State Department refusing to let Congress talk to people who were there. Is it time to bring Hillary back to testify before Congress.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 May 2013 16:23 #385 by Blazer Bob
It is all Bushes fault.

19 May 2013 10:16 #386 by Rick

Photo-fish wrote:

archer wrote: I saw this this morning, my first thought was why do the conservatives here accuse liberals of being naive and believing what the Democrats tell them, while at the same time taking as gospel truth whatever the Republicans tell them.......really, skepticism is healthy, but only if you apply it equally to both sides......

Seems like they are taking their sweet time bringing in the folks who might have the best information. It appears that they are dragging this out a bit too much to plaster the news with innuendo and speculation just to have that information corrected within the following days.

You mean like the Obama adinistration releasing 100 emails out of many thousands?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 May 2013 10:21 #387 by archer

Rick wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

You mean like the Obama adinistration releasing 100 emails out of many thousands?

The Republicans dont have time to rewrite/edit more than 100 emails, Obama did them a favor
tongue:

19 May 2013 11:03 #388 by LadyJazzer

Jonathan Karl: I 'Regret' Inaccurate Benghazi Reporting

ABC News' Jonathan Karl expressed "regret" over his reporting on Benghazi in a statement on Sunday.

Karl, the network's White House correspondent, recently provoked controversy after his exclusive report that quoted emails which allegedly showed the Obama administration made numerous edits to, and scrubbed information from the talking points on Benghazi. He said that ABC News had reviewed emails in question, but it was later revealed that the quotes were actually from a source claiming to have summarized the emails, and were misleading .

Oopsie... So, this is what had Issa, King, et al, frothing at the mouth... So, the GOP WAS caught editing the Benghazi talking-points emails...

Turns out there was "lying" alright... But it wasn't the White House... Imagine my surprise.

19 May 2013 11:29 #389 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

The Republicans dont have time to rewrite/edit more than 100 emails, Obama did them a favor
tongue:

Keep believing in the liars archer, because it obviously makes no difference to you since nobody on your side was harmed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 May 2013 11:36 #390 by LadyJazzer

Blazer Bob wrote: It is all Bushes fault.

1) The GOP was just caught editing the Benghazi talking point emails to make it look like Hillary made the decision to name specific terrorist groups.

2) The State Department only asked to change the word "Consulate" to "Diplomatic Facility", and the Clinton staffer who asked for that was a former aide to Dick Cheney, and married to a Romney advisor.

3) The IRS official in Cincinnati who decided to scrutinize Tea Party groups was a Bush appointee who used to work for Grover Norquist.

Nice try...But we got you!

And, unfortunately for you, every word of it is TRUE. As I already pointed out, the people that are sucking up this Kool-Aid are the ones that hated Obama already...Big whoop... Guess what---His poll numbers haven't changed. ..

And after spending $10 million to get the information, they find out that they are losing by ever-widening numbers with women (55%), Hispanics (71%), blacks (93%), Asians (73%), seniors (you lost them by 55+% in 40% of the states), LGBT (78%)...But hey, you got 59% of the "old, angry white guys"--which are disappearing... I wonder if anyone at the RNC thinks these scandals-of-the-day are swaying many of these constituencies that they've already lost?

It must be that "laser-like focus on jobs"..., er, "scandals".... (Because we know they aren't doing squat about jobs....)

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds