Has there ever been a mass shooting at a gun show?

18 Jan 2013 21:50 #1 by The Boss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2013 22:00 #2 by FredHayek
Have never heard of one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2013 07:19 #4 by Reverend Revelant
That's because you don't dare see liberals in those venues.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

19 Jan 2013 08:31 #5 by Rick
For the most part, mass killings are in "gun free zones"... I think a gun show would be the last place especially since there is probably more CCWs per square foot than in a cop shop.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2013 09:37 #6 by FredHayek
Just like there aren't many robberies at gun shops.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2013 09:44 #7 by Something the Dog Said
So riddle me this?

The Tanner Gun shows, the largest in Colorado, has an express, specific policy, that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, no concealed firearms, no open carry, none whatsoever. All loaded guns must be unloaded and checked with security at the entrance.
So why is it desirable to allow loaded guns in schools, theaters, etc., but they are prohibited at those bastions of 2nd Amendment gatherings, gun shows?

6) I have a concealed carry permit. Am I allowed to bring my gun in loaded?
No. You may bring your gun in, but it must be unloaded and checked by security at the admissions desk and the firing mechanism tied. For safety reasons, absolutely NO loaded guns are allowed in the show. This includes concealed carry permit holders.

http://tannergunshow.com/faq

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Jan 2013 09:47 #8 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: Just like there aren't many robberies at gun shops.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. - Someone broke into the Centennial Gun Store and stole 14 handguns earlier this month, authorities said Friday.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office is asking the public's help in identifying two men shown in surveillance video at the store. Sheriff's officials are calling the men "persons of interest" in the investigation, saying they're not considered suspects at this time.

The burglary happen about 1 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the gun store and firing range, located at 6649 S. Paris St.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Jan 2013 10:15 #9 by Mary Scott

Something the Dog Said wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Just like there aren't many robberies at gun shops.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. - Someone broke into the Centennial Gun Store and stole 14 handguns earlier this month, authorities said Friday.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office is asking the public's help in identifying two men shown in surveillance video at the store. Sheriff's officials are calling the men "persons of interest" in the investigation, saying they're not considered suspects at this time.

The burglary happen about 1 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the gun store and firing range, located at 6649 S. Paris St.

I don't know about robberies at a gun shop but you are talking about a burglary.

19 Jan 2013 10:26 #10 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: So riddle me this?

The Tanner Gun shows, the largest in Colorado, has an express, specific policy, that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, no concealed firearms, no open carry, none whatsoever. All loaded guns must be unloaded and checked with security at the entrance.
So why is it desirable to allow loaded guns in schools, theaters, etc., but they are prohibited at those bastions of 2nd Amendment gatherings, gun shows?

6) I have a concealed carry permit. Am I allowed to bring my gun in loaded?
No. You may bring your gun in, but it must be unloaded and checked by security at the admissions desk and the firing mechanism tied. For safety reasons, absolutely NO loaded guns are allowed in the show. This includes concealed carry permit holders.

http://tannergunshow.com/faq

I diidn't know that...never been to a gun show myself. That said, I think it would still be a scary and unlikely place for a mass killer to go off on. These killers are cowards and seek out the weakest and most vulnerable where they are least likey to face resistence. There's still plenty of kives and bayonettes laying around in those shows I'm sure. (as well as more people who are less likely to run and hide)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds