Has there ever been a mass shooting at a gun show?

20 Jan 2013 05:53 #41 by RenegadeCJ
Moving posts, or just making the courthouse and study invisible to guests who visit the site (and have no interest in the political or other stuff) isn't moderation. It is organization. No different than my junk drawer I have. Guests who come to my house don't realize I have a drawer that is a total mess. Even if the rest of the house is perfectly organized and clean, this junk drawer will always be junky.

Because a bunch of posters have no intention of having vigorous debate without the personal insults, I would have no issue making these 2 boards into the 285Bound junk drawer. Those who choose to, will still see it without any changes. Visitors won't be forced to read thru all the insulting thread titles, etc and can enjoy the other great parts of 285 Bound.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2013 06:07 #42 by FOS
I like that I can choose to see the train wreck or an intelligent discussion.thank you 285 for providing the choice. people can still post whatever they want it is just gonna go to the right place. Maybe some will learn what is appropriate and where. Yay

20 Jan 2013 06:19 #43 by LOL

archer wrote: Just a thought.....maybe moving an entire thread to the Ring is better than taking posts out of it and moving them to the Ring......this whole new moderation style is getting really annoying.

Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25595 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25595<!-- l -->

What is so hard about following the link provided? Seems pretty quick and seamless to me, and lots of extra work for the mods.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jan 2013 06:59 #44 by FOS
extra work but good for the board overall. Now i can choose to read ugliness or not. keep up the good work 285bound

20 Jan 2013 07:35 #45 by SandyD
I don't think the line is being adjusted by this website. I think the line has always been there but some members have chosen to push it further out.
This does not seem difficult to me. If you want to remain respectful, post in the courthouse. If you want to post personal attacks, call people names or in general be hateful. Take it to the Ring. If you find it difficult to read in two locations, keep it civil in the Courthouse.
Any questions?

20 Jan 2013 08:16 #46 by The Boss

archer wrote:

chickaree wrote: It only seems that way if you are trying to get your tippy toes right up to the edge of it.

Seems to me more like you stay in one spot, and one day the line is far in front of you, but the next day you have crossed the line but you never moved.

I would say this is mostly true. perhaps changed the end to only moved slightly, just so we are all honest.

20 Jan 2013 08:37 #47 by jf1acai
Thanks to 285Bound for attempting to get back to the original design of the board.

:thumbsup: :like:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jan 2013 09:21 #48 by Mtn Gramma

285 Road Crew wrote: .... what's the difference between moving entire threads (rather than splitting out individual posts that more appropriately belong in the Ring and leaving ones that are fine for the Courthouse) and just locking the whole Courthouse or merging it with the Ring so that topics aren't visible to guests?

If an entire thread is moved, no one is singled out for their inappropriate posts - it's group punishment. If individual posts are moved the poster is effectively "called" on their inappropriate post - personal accountability. People aren't liking being held responsible for their posting? Then don't post that way.

We have the Ring for members only for those that choose "3rd grade recess" behavior . I like the Courthouse being open to all adult viewers, member or not.

20 Jan 2013 09:56 #49 by FOS

Mtn Gramma wrote:

285 Road Crew wrote: .... what's the difference between moving entire threads (rather than splitting out individual posts that more appropriately belong in the Ring and leaving ones that are fine for the Courthouse) and just locking the whole Courthouse or merging it with the Ring so that topics aren't visible to guests?

If an entire thread is moved, no one is singled out for their inappropriate posts - it's group punishment. If individual posts are moved the poster is effectively "called" on their inappropriate post - personal accountability. People aren't liking being held responsible for their posting? Then don't post that way.

We have the Ring for members only for those that choose "3rd grade recess" behavior . I like the Courthouse being open to all adult viewers, member or not.

:like:

20 Jan 2013 10:05 #50 by Blazer Bob

Mtn Gramma wrote:

:like:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds