Has there ever been a mass shooting at a gun show?

19 Jan 2013 10:34 #11 by Something the Dog Said
Fort Wayne Community Schools locked down seven schools because police were looking for a suspect in the area related to an armed robbery earlier in New Haven, a school spokeswoman said.

The lockdowns were later lifted.

A customer was pistol-whipped in the face and shot at inside a gun shop called Shooters, 660 Lincoln Highway W. in New Haven, after which the suspects fled to Fort Wayne, police said.

Adrian Jabari Taylor, 21 of 19915 Cypresswood in Spring has been arrested and charged with Aggravated Robbery in the robbery and burglary at Woodlands Tactical on October, 24. 2012.

Not saying they are or are not common, but they do happen.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2013 10:35 #12 by Mary Scott

Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: So riddle me this?

The Tanner Gun shows, the largest in Colorado, has an express, specific policy, that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, no concealed firearms, no open carry, none whatsoever. All loaded guns must be unloaded and checked with security at the entrance.
So why is it desirable to allow loaded guns in schools, theaters, etc., but they are prohibited at those bastions of 2nd Amendment gatherings, gun shows?

6) I have a concealed carry permit. Am I allowed to bring my gun in loaded?
No. You may bring your gun in, but it must be unloaded and checked by security at the admissions desk and the firing mechanism tied. For safety reasons, absolutely NO loaded guns are allowed in the show. This includes concealed carry permit holders.

http://tannergunshow.com/faq

I diidn't know that...never been to a gun show myself. That said, I think it would still be a scary and unlikely place for a mass killer to go off on. These killers are cowards and seek out the weakest and most vulnerable where they are least likey to face resistence. There's still plenty of kives and bayonettes laying around in those shows I'm sure. (as well as more people who are less likely to run and hide)

There would be so many armed people there, it would be like a firing squad in the round.

19 Jan 2013 11:41 #13 by Something the Dog Said

Mary Scott wrote:

Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: So riddle me this?

The Tanner Gun shows, the largest in Colorado, has an express, specific policy, that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, no concealed firearms, no open carry, none whatsoever. All loaded guns must be unloaded and checked with security at the entrance.
So why is it desirable to allow loaded guns in schools, theaters, etc., but they are prohibited at those bastions of 2nd Amendment gatherings, gun shows?

6) I have a concealed carry permit. Am I allowed to bring my gun in loaded?
No. You may bring your gun in, but it must be unloaded and checked by security at the admissions desk and the firing mechanism tied. For safety reasons, absolutely NO loaded guns are allowed in the show. This includes concealed carry permit holders.

http://tannergunshow.com/faq

I diidn't know that...never been to a gun show myself. That said, I think it would still be a scary and unlikely place for a mass killer to go off on. These killers are cowards and seek out the weakest and most vulnerable where they are least likey to face resistence. There's still plenty of kives and bayonettes laying around in those shows I'm sure. (as well as more people who are less likely to run and hide)

There would be so many armed people there, it would be like a firing squad in the round.

Actually there would not be any armed people there other security guards provided by Tanner. If you bothered to read the post, Tanner prohibits any armed individuals from entry into the gun show.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Jan 2013 11:50 #14 by FredHayek
Trust me, it would only take seconds for loaded guns to appear at a gun show.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2013 12:45 #15 by Mary Scott

Something the Dog Said wrote: If you bothered to read the post, ...

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were questioning why they would require people to unload their weapons. I'll read more carefully the next time.

Something the Dog Said wrote: So why is it desirable to allow loaded guns in schools, theaters, etc., but they are prohibited at those bastions of 2nd Amendment gatherings, gun shows?

19 Jan 2013 12:52 #16 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Trust me, it would only take seconds for loaded guns to appear at a gun show.

Good point... there's probably quite an arsonal of loaded weapons in the parking lot.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2013 13:26 #17 by Martin Ent Inc
Tanner does not restrict you from coming in open carry, nor do they search you or have a metal detector if you have a CCW. They do require you check in any guns you wish to sell or carry in openly.
I sell and go to alot of them.

19 Jan 2013 14:31 #18 by Raees
You can't make this stuff up....

Accidental Shooting at Gun Show Marks Gun Appreciation Day

In an accident with uncanny timing, two people were injured at a gun show in Raleigh, North Carolina, when someone's gun went off after they accidentally left a round in the chamber when checking it into storage at the event. Saturday happens to be Guns Across America, during which gun-rights activists protest gun control at state capitols. It's also Gun Appreciation Day, which apparently consists of gun enthusiasts shooting guns and going to gun shows, but with more American flags than usual.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... n-day.html

Report from local TV station:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=8960332

19 Jan 2013 15:22 #19 by Rick
Accidents do happen daily and kill people whether it be a car, a ladder, or a household appliance. You can't fix stupid or blame inadament objects handled by stupid people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2013 15:24 #20 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: Accidents do happen daily and kill people whether it be a car, a ladder, or a household appliance. You can't fix stupid or blame inadament objects handled by stupid people.

Yep. An armed school security officer left his firearm in the lavatory. Oops.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds