Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

08 Feb 2013 10:00 #11 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
I think you are making up a controversy here just to support your own prejudices Rick, I haven't seen any less reporting on this dude's political affiliation or leanings than I did on the guy in Georgia who kidnapped the kid. Don't confuse what you read on message boards with the national media.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 10:08 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
Archer, what are you reading?
The Georgia kidnapper was described as a survivalist in every story, even on FNC.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Feb 2013 10:20 #13 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
When did all survivalists become conservatives? I don't recall the media making an issue of him being anti-Obama or anti-liberal. Crazy is just that, crazy and that is what I got from the media on both these guys.

08 Feb 2013 10:32 #14 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
They keep mentioning that this guy was a navel reservist, Have they ever stated what he did while on active duty? Was he a cook or a corpsman, supply clerk, I don't think the navy has any ground pounders, but I could be wrong? I guess my question has to do with how much actual "combat training" he might have had. It sure appears to me that this wasn't a spur of the moment action.

My guess on the ending is they are going to find him holed up in a house someplace. He will die when the building burns down due to the tear gas fired into the house.

08 Feb 2013 10:34 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
Disagree with Grady, the shooting up of the blue truck yesterday was foreshadowing, the perp here will die like Bonnie & Clyde.

BTW, if I was LL Cool J, I would not leave my house until this ends.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Feb 2013 10:38 #16 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

FredHayek wrote: Disagree with Grady, the shooting up of the blue truck yesterday was foreshadowing, the perp here will die like Bonnie & Clyde.

BTW, if I was LL Cool J, I would not leave my house until this ends.

:yeahthat: when I first saw that photo I thought it was a NCIS LA promo.

08 Feb 2013 11:34 #17 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

archer wrote: I think you are making up a controversy here just to support your own prejudices Rick, I haven't seen any less reporting on this dude's political affiliation or leanings than I did on the guy in Georgia who kidnapped the kid. Don't confuse what you read on message boards with the national media.

Are you really suggesting that the MSM would NOT be highlighting a white Rush Limbaugh/teapartier's ideology? Remember what happened immediately after the Giffords shooting or the Aurora massacre? The press started looking for tea party connections (and Palin bullseyes) to paint an anti-conservative narrative.

If this cop was an NRA supporter, the press would be saying "see! look at how dangerous THESE people are". The press loves to be proven right and when they're not, they quietly change the subject or ignore the facts comppletely. If the recently discovered drone memos would have been found under Bush, the media would have went off, and so would Obama. But since Obama is allowed free reign to do whatever he wants....SILENCE for the most part. Our media is just an extension of our political system.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Feb 2013 11:37 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

archer wrote: . Don't confuse what you read on message boards with the national media.

And please don't assume I get any useful information from message boards.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Feb 2013 12:28 #19 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
What's the saying? "You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own set of facts. This could be an interesting case study.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... ClH8&pbx=1

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... dydY&pbx=1

I gooled Chis Dorner and I googled The Gifford shooting.

I have seen the Dorner manifesto reported but I did not see a MSM attempt to link him to extreme or hateful rhetoric.

Just watched CNN discuss it. They focused on race and the LAPD.

08 Feb 2013 15:30 #20 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
Clearly this opinion piece is from the right. I hope some one will post the lefts rebuttal.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... er+Line%29

"Confirmation of my latter thesis can be found in the handling of Christopher Dorner’s rambling manifesto in which he purports to explain himself. Dorner, it turns out, is a fan of President Obama, Dianne Feinstein, Colin Powell, Piers Morgan, Chris Matthews, Brian Williams, Soledad O’Brien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Vieira, Tavis Smiley, Anderson Cooper, and Ellen DeGeneres. Meanwhile, he reviles the NRA and Wayne LaPierre, believing that the latter’s advocacy warrants the death of his family before his eyes.

But, as Charles Cooke points out, “in the combined 3,240 words of the lead stories from the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Associated Press, there is no mention whatsoever of the political contents of Dorner’s screed.” To be sure, they all mention the manifesto, but not what’s in it, even in New York Times’ specific post about the document."

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds