Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

08 Feb 2013 15:47 #21 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

Blazer Bob wrote: Clearly this opinion piece is from the right. I hope some one will post the lefts rebuttal.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... er+Line%29

"Confirmation of my latter thesis can be found in the handling of Christopher Dorner’s rambling manifesto in which he purports to explain himself. Dorner, it turns out, is a fan of President Obama, Dianne Feinstein, Colin Powell, Piers Morgan, Chris Matthews, Brian Williams, Soledad O’Brien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Vieira, Tavis Smiley, Anderson Cooper, and Ellen DeGeneres. Meanwhile, he reviles the NRA and Wayne LaPierre, believing that the latter’s advocacy warrants the death of his family before his eyes.

But, as Charles Cooke points out, “in the combined 3,240 words of the lead stories from the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Associated Press, there is no mention whatsoever of the political contents of Dorner’s screed.” To be sure, they all mention the manifesto, but not what’s in it, even in New York Times’ specific post about the document."

The liberal media seems a little more balanced

from the manifesto

The honorable President George H.W. Bush, they never give you enough credit for your successful Presidency. You were always one of my favorite Presidents (2nd favorite). I hope your health improves greatly. You are the epitome of an American and service to country."

"Hillary Clinton. You'll make one hell of a president in 2016. Much like your husband, Bill, you will be one of the greatest. ... Look after Bill. He was always my favorite President. Chelsea grew up to be one hell of an attractive woman. No disrespect to her husband."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 44813.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 15:49 #22 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
Plus media like MSNBC is selectively editing the parts of the manifesto they are showing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Feb 2013 15:53 #23 by archer
And Blazer Bob's post shows how the right is selectively editing parts of the manifesto ....so what's your point Fred?

It's easy to pick and choose what you want to highlight in his manifesto to suit your purpose....but claiming the so called liberal media is not reporting those things he wrote that show he admired/supported some democrats is a lie, pure and simple.

08 Feb 2013 16:03 #24 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
I do not see how his praising Pres. Bush contradicts the point of the piece.

08 Feb 2013 16:41 #25 by archer
OK, try this....

from your post

“in the combined 3,240 words of the lead stories from the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Associated Press, there is no mention whatsoever of the political contents of Dorner’s screed.

from the AP

The manifesto reveals a man with varied and sometimes conflicting political views. His two favorite presidents are Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush, in that order; and he says he wants either Hillary Clinton or New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for president in 2016.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... TE=DEFAULT

That sounds like political content to me.

08 Feb 2013 16:56 #26 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
If mentioning two Presidents is political content then you are right, he made a mistake. I think this was the point he was trying to make.

"This sort of opportunism is, among other things, an effort to undermine robust speech by one’s political opponent. Everyone — Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Piers Morgan, whomever — should feel free strongly to advocate their positions without worrying about being blamed if a madman distorts them into some sort of justification for their deranged framework. Only if the speaker advocates violence is the speaker to blame if his speech inspires violence. "

08 Feb 2013 20:52 #27 by pineinthegrass
I still can't believe they haven't found this guy yet with all the resources they have.

It looks like there will be a huge lawsuit too. The police not only shot up one truck big time with two innocent women in it, they apparently also rammed and fired shots at another innocent person in a truck.

It really seems the police are out of control in LA. Is there any excuse for this stuff? Yeah, I'm sure they are scared since the perp is targeting cops, but how could this shooting at innocent people happen? I'm guessing heads will roll in the LA police dept after all is said and done.

But for now, just find this killer.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_22548130

09 Feb 2013 16:09 #28 by archer
I spent the time today to read the entire manifesto.......now I understand why the media isn't stressing any of his statements regarding political figures, or claiming he is right wing or left wing......that isn't what his manifesto is about. It is intensely personal, very detailed about the slights, hurts, attacks against himself....it's all about righting perceived wrongs and clearing his name......the fact that it is well written, lucid, and the cases he makes are well reasoned, makes him all the scarier.......he may be crazy......like a fox.

09 Feb 2013 16:33 #29 by Dumblonde
Replied by Dumblonde on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop
Wow. You read something in order to comment on it rather than accepting others interpretations? How revolutionary.

09 Feb 2013 18:20 #30 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Runaway Murdering Ex-Cop

archer wrote: I spent the time today to read the entire manifesto.......now I understand why the media isn't stressing any of his statements regarding political figures, or claiming he is right wing or left wing......that isn't what his manifesto is about. It is intensely personal, very detailed about the slights, hurts, attacks against himself....it's all about righting perceived wrongs and clearing his name......the fact that it is well written, lucid, and the cases he makes are well reasoned, makes him all the scarier.......he may be crazy......like a fox.

I havn't read it, but your thought mirror other thoughts I've heard from other who read the entire thing.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds