NSA collecting records from millions of phones daily

06 Jun 2013 10:23 #21 by LadyJazzer
Yep... Hypocrisy... Glad you guys finally see it.

Lindsey ("Never Met a War I Didn't Like" / "Never Met a Demonstration I Didn't Want To Turn Into A War") Graham: 'Glad' Gov't Collecting Phone Records

The major difference?... Bush wanted to do it WITHOUT going through the FISA Court... (Remember the midnight visit to the bedside of then-Attorney General John Ashcroft by Alberto Gonzales, who wanted him to sign an order to bypass the FISA requirement?... It got STOPPED by the guy that just got nominated to take over the FBI, James Comey...)

THIS administration IS going through the FISA Court, and this whole fiasco is just a continuation of the policy that went before.

I've already expressed my outrage...Both NOW, and back in 2001 when this B.S. started... Glad to see the outrage-of-the-day teabaggers have finally decided that even though it "wasn't a big deal to them before", now that it's Obama continuing the practice, they're OUTRAGED!!! Hrrrrumph.

Save your hypocritical outrage for someone else. Your garbage rings too hollow.

FACT: 98 U.S. senators voted in favor of the US Patriot Act of 2001; (Landrieu (D-LA) Abstained; Feingold (D-WI) NO) (100% of Republicans voted YES).

FACT: 89 U.S. senators voted in favor of the Patriot Act Reauthorization, 2006 (100% of Republicans voted YES).

The 10 who voted NO:

Akaka (D-HI)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Byrd (D-WV)
Feingold (D-WI)
Harkin (D-IA)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Murray (D-WA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Inouye (D-HI) - Abstain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2013 10:53 #22 by deltamrey
OK.....another lesson. Given todays technology (Satellites, Extreme Scale Integrated Circuits, massive evolution in software) since 911 (best operation in written history - to be studied in the military colleges forever) We have NO privacy......Congress.....yes YOU put this in place post 911 as a trade of security (of sorts) for liberty. Do not like it....go to Congress.

Now....the public has a peak at a facility in Utah where you are told a massive server farm is being built to house "BIG DATA" gathered at will by the FEDS.....well kids you can bet this is not the only facility and THE one the intel community elected to tell you about. BUT.....was a good day at the mall...... : )).

BTW given the abilkity to locate data and functionality anywhere on earth......why not terminate Wall Street and move it to Nevada.......oh......forgot Las Vegas has that brand covered.

06 Jun 2013 10:56 #23 by LadyJazzer
I'm sure Sheldon Adelson will make room for it, if they want to do it.

(I've already posted the information on the "secret room" at the AT&T building in San Francisco...And we already know there are several others...)

06 Jun 2013 11:02 #24 by FredHayek
Lindey Graham? Would the TEA Party please primary him? John McCain too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jun 2013 11:25 #25 by deltamrey
Graham let his stripes show when he said "welll...uhhhhh....let the intel folks look all they want.....I have nothing to hide".......a sheep on the butcher's block. Hitler, Stalin and Mao had a party in hell this morning.

06 Jun 2013 11:25 #26 by Nobody that matters
The data collected by private companies and sold to other private companies dwarfs the data the government has on you - why do you think the government keeps needing to get a warrant to force a private company to divulge data? Because it's the private companies that are collecting the data! You think simple information about who you called and when you called them is bad?

Debt Collections data.
Purchasing data - clothes, food, vehicles, etc...
Financial data.
Health data.
Browsing history.
Viewing data.
Physical location.
Personal preferences.
Driving habits.
Criminal history.

Who you called on a certain date and how long you talked is just a scratch on the surface!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

06 Jun 2013 11:33 #27 by The Boss
Um, isn't this essentially what everyone has been begging for, a completely coordinated data based society....where there is a right and wrong for everything and everyone that is wrong is caught......

I am not sure why folks are outraged today of all days, we are far into this process.

I think everyone should just get back to blindly defending their political team and let the govt do its job of making sure you are defending the right one.

Oh and I believe that LJ was outraged then and is outraged now, but again, this is not our lives, this is team politics and if she admits that it worse simply because it did not stop...that would hurt her team. You need to read between the lines on this one. She knows Obama is wrong, just the game says don't admit it clearly. She is simply playing the game well. Kudos on strategy.

06 Jun 2013 11:43 #28 by deltamrey
Nobody.....if they record your number.......they also have your name at the speed of light. You are correct the data is out there if you use a commercial service.........use TRACPHONE and give them a bogus id(not against any law I am aware of).......cannot be traced and has great secure service........DO not use ATT/SPRINT/VERISON......simple stuff.

Also as a great way to securely communicate use e-mail encrypted via PGP........am surprised the STATE DEPARTMENT DID NOT DO THIS.......oh well the IRS also showed their incompetence and lack of cognition......permeates the government(s)......GOOGLE PGP and the key site is in Cambridge (MIT).....

06 Jun 2013 11:52 #29 by Reverend Revelant
Even Google is tracking you ON THIS WEBSITE.

Every time you request a page on 285 Bound, Google Analytics records the fact that you "hit" the page. This is a function that has to be installed by the owner of this web site... Google just doesn't add Google Analytics to website software on it's own.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

06 Jun 2013 12:11 #30 by Nobody that matters

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Even Google is tracking you ON THIS WEBSITE.

Every time you request a page on 285 Bound, Google Analytics records the fact that you "hit" the page. This is a function that has to be installed by the owner of this web site... Google just doesn't add Google Analytics to website software on it's own.

Google doesn't install it on their own, but I believe they do pay those websites that do install it.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds