NSA collecting records from millions of phones daily

06 Jun 2013 12:14 #31 by FredHayek
"1984" was published 64 years ago today.

Sen. FineSwine says this loss of privacy is OK.

And they are saying this overreach prevented a terrorist attack, would that make it worth it?

lol Albert Brooks: I have been saying T-Mobile spies for half the cost!

AT&T also gave up their customers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2013 12:50 #32 by LadyJazzer
OH NO!!...ANOTHER "RINO"... Just can't keep up with them all, can ya?

Phone Records Collection Thwarted Terror Attack: House Intelligence Chairman

WASHINGTON -- The chairman of the House Intelligence committee says the ongoing NSA search of telephone records thwarted an attempted terrorist attack in the United States in the last few years.

Republican Rep. Mike Rogers of Michigan defended the telephone records collection at a Capitol Hill news conference on Thursday. He said the information culled from the records enabled U.S. authorities to stop a "significant case."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... f=politics

Jim Sensenbrenner, Patriot Act Author, Slams 'Un-American' NSA Verizon Phone Records Grab

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), one of the authors of the Patriot Act, said in a Thursday letter to Attorney General Eric Holder that he is "extremely troubled" by the National Security Agency's seizure of the phone records of millions of Verizon customers through a secret court ruling.

“I do not believe the released FISA order is consistent with the requirements of the Patriot Act,” Sensenbrenner wrote. “How could the phone records of so many innocent Americans be relevant to an authorized investigation as required by the Act?”

"Seizing phone records of millions of innocent people is excessive and un-American," he added in a press release that accompanied the letter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 97440.html

OH NO!... The REPUBLICAN 'PATRIOT ACT' AUTHOR slams this "Un-American Grab?!?!? You mean.... it had "unintended consequences"???? And the Neo-Cons and Hawks expanded it's definition?!?!?!

I'm SHOCKED, I tell you, SHOCKED!!! The OUTRAGE!!!.... :Snooze

06 Jun 2013 12:54 #33 by LadyJazzer

on that note wrote: Oh and I believe that LJ was outraged then and is outraged now, but again, this is not our lives, this is team politics and if she admits that it worse simply because it did not stop...that would hurt her team. You need to read between the lines on this one. She knows Obama is wrong, just the game says don't admit it clearly. She is simply playing the game well. Kudos on strategy.

FACTS are a b*tch, aren't they?

06 Jun 2013 12:57 #34 by FredHayek
The Onion: Obama: "This administration has no secrets, and now neither do you."

06 Jun 2013 15:20 #35 by The Boss

Nobody that matters wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Even Google is tracking you ON THIS WEBSITE.

Every time you request a page on 285 Bound, Google Analytics records the fact that you "hit" the page. This is a function that has to be installed by the owner of this web site... Google just doesn't add Google Analytics to website software on it's own.

Google doesn't install it on their own, but I believe they do pay those websites that do install it.

I use the service. They do not pay me, I do not pay them. I get data and they get to now admit they have it. That is the trade.

Up until about 18 months ago I could see people's names that came to my site, now only location data. FYI.

If you want to know what people are searching for, check out google insights. I think that is still free too.

06 Jun 2013 15:56 #36 by Blazer Bob
Many have always known that republicans are too evil to be entrusted with power. Now we face the fact that not even a brilliant, benign constitutional scholar like President Obama can handle it.

Isn't it time to admit the they we need to reduce the size, power and scope of government?

LadyJazzer wrote: This is a bipartisan intrusion in the long-gone privacy-rights of EVERY American, and neither party is going to stop it. You can hang it around your own neck... And I congratulate you for finally figuring out what happened, and finally coming to the table with the lightbulb on over your head of what started in 2003...

:idea: Duh...

06 Jun 2013 15:59 #37 by homeagain
:smackshead: It is BEYOND me that anyone still thinks there is ANY resemblance of privacy....NONE of these most recent "got ya's"
headlines are a revelation.....I guess ignorance WAS bliss.....your(collective)NEED to be plugged in, at all times,comes with a price....
was the price worth it?.......The TRUTH will set you free, BUT first,it will make you angry.

06 Jun 2013 16:03 #38 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: :smackshead: It is BEYOND me that anyone still thinks there is ANY resemblance of privacy....NONE of these most recent "got ya's"
headlines are a revelation.....I guess ignorance WAS bliss.....your(collective)NEED to be plugged in, at all times,comes with a price....
was the price worth it?.......The TRUTH will set you free, BUT first,it will make you angry.

It's finally made the New York Times angry...

Within hours of the disclosure that the federal authorities routinely collect data on phone calls Americans make, regardless of whether they have any bearing on a counterterrorism investigation, the Obama administration issued the same platitude it has offered every time President Obama has been caught overreaching in the use of his powers: Terrorists are a real menace and you should just trust us to deal with them because we have internal mechanisms (that we are not going to tell you about) to make sure we do not violate your rights.

Those reassurances have never been persuasive — whether on secret warrants to scoop up a news agency’s phone records or secret orders to kill an American suspected of terrorism — especially coming from a president who once promised transparency and accountability. The administration has now lost all credibility. Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it. That is one reason we have long argued that the Patriot Act, enacted in the heat of fear after the 9/11 attacks by members of Congress who mostly had not even read it, was reckless in its assignment of unnecessary and overbroad surveillance powers…

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/opini ... d=all&_r=0

When a liberal collectivist President loses the New York Times... he's lost the nation.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

06 Jun 2013 16:07 #39 by Reverend Revelant

06 Jun 2013 16:43 #40 by FredHayek
Nice to see the NYT step up to take on the AG & POTUS. Meanwhile the neocons defend Obama and his jackbooted thugs. Politics make strange bedfellows? Barack when did the power corrupt you?

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds