This is what happens when you can't afford healthcare

23 Aug 2013 11:51 #1 by Wayne Harrison
http://i0.wp.com/samuel-warde.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/132-lb.jpg?resize=550%2C367

And you, as a taxpayer, end up paying the bill anyway only this time it's inflated because it wouldn't have been near as much if it had been dealt with when the need first arose.

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/08/this-is ... alth-care/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2013 12:27 - 25 Aug 2013 15:06 #2 by FredHayek
Or maybe this is what happens when the man chooses to spend his money in other ways rather than addressing current health concerns.

Like people I know who prefer to let their teeth fall out over paying for a dentist. But thanks to you and Obama, we have the nanny state where people will still not bother to take care of themselves until it gets expensive. Who can afford a $50 co-pay, I will just ignore it?

(And I am not referring to the actual person profiled here but many other cases where people let it get worse.)

Liberals think birth control should be administered and free by an expensive administration rather than people showing the sense to buy condoms themselves or a $9 a month pill prescription from Wal-Mart.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Aug 2013 13:06 #3 by Reverend Revelant
I'd rather see single payer (as in nationalized health care) and we stop this dance in Congress.

People are going to die, whether we continue the way we are, get a cobbled together mess like ObamaCare (which is really a new serving of "payoff to Big Pharma and private insurance companies) or have a national health care system.

At least with a national system, we would know where to go looking if the train crashes. Right now the "villains" are a moving target.

But I still think the way thing are currently can't continue and ObamaCare is not the answer. It's only a band aid.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

23 Aug 2013 13:26 #4 by Wayne Harrison
The myths of single payer health care (written by a conserviate):

Myth No. 1: Everyone has access to health care a single-payer system.
Myth No. 2: Claims of rationing are exaggerated.
Myth No. 3: A single-payer system would save money on administrative costs.
Myth No. 4: Single-payer will provide fair and quality care for everyone.
Myth No. 5: Single-payer leaves medical decisions to patients & doctors.
Myth No. 6: Single-payer systems achieve better health outcomes.
Myth No. 7: The U.S. systems also engages in rationing.
Myth No. 8: A single-payer system will not hamper medical research.
Myth No. 9: Single-payer will save money as patients seek care earlier.
Myth No. 10: The free market in health care has failed in the U.S.

http://www.freemarketcure.com/singlepayermyths.php

23 Aug 2013 13:46 #5 by Reverend Revelant
And these are certainly myths. I wish conservatives would get out of their cocoons, venture further than the Loaf and Jug and actually experience the world as it really is.

France is one of my favorite places to play in and I don't mean as a tourist. I know Paris like a native, when I go there I stay at small hotels in the most average of Parisian neighborhoods and I know a few dozen folks there, both French and American ex-pats.

Frances heath care system is single payer and most of the population affords itself of the service. You can still see a private doctor, you can still arrange your own medical life map, but no matter if you are politically far-right, right, center, left of center or full blown fascist... no political party would think of taking nationalized health care off the table.

Why. Because it works. Those are not myths above, those are basically facts. I've availed myself of the French healthcare system (that's right... guests are welcome). I found it to be as well run, staffed and efficient as anything I could get here in Conifer.

Nope... I've never scheduled an elective surgery in France, or had to stick around for some long term care, but I know people who have... who do.

I haven't heard a horror story yet. Sure, you can find anecdotal tales, I can find the same thing on one one these mountain forums complaining about Conifer Medical Center (my recommendation for general medical help up here)... but no one can show me that the French healthcare system is busted or doesn't work.

23 Aug 2013 13:54 #6 by FredHayek
Agree.
Give it to everyone and if your employer really likes you, he will buy a private plan or you can buy a private plan if you want good healthcare.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Aug 2013 14:00 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Good you you, Walter. I love Paris. We always stay in a little B&B in the Latin quarter a half block from the Odeon It's walking distance to Notre Dame, convenient to the Metro and St. Germain. As long as you're close to the Metro and RER, you're close to anything in Paris. You get sick after hours and the doctor comes to YOU. It ends up saving the health care system money.

The only thing I disagree with in the French health care system is their instance that that patients be stabilized before they can be transported to the hospital. I think that's what killed Diana. If she'd gotten into an OR more quickly, she might have been saved, but that's another topic.

23 Aug 2013 14:08 #8 by Reverend Revelant

Conservative Voice wrote: Good you you, Walter. I love Paris. We always stay in a little B&B in the Latin quarter a half block from the Odeon It's walking distance to Notre Dame, convenient to the Metro and St. Germain. As long as you're close to the Metro and RER, you're close to anything in Paris. You get sick after hours and the doctor comes to YOU.

The only thing I disagree with in the French health care system is their instance that that patients be stabilized before they can be transported to the hospital. I think that's what killed Diana. If she'd gotten into an OR more quickly, she might have been saved, but that's another topic.

Hmmm... Latin Quarter... that's not my idea of an average Parisian neighborhood. Last time I was there I stayed in Ménilmontant (just east of Bellevue) at a hotel six blocks west of Pere Lachaise cemetery. Had to sit in the hall on the second floor to reach the Wi-Fi.

I've never been sick "after hours." Drunk off my ass... but not sick.

23 Aug 2013 17:29 #9 by Reverend Revelant
(... and I forgot... the Jim Morrison grave in Lachaise is totally overrated... hard to find, stuck in the middle of some other graves... and the dude is dead... a f'king disappointment)

23 Aug 2013 19:21 #10 by Wayne Harrison
My favorite place is Ile de Saint-Louis, as far as quaint little Parisian shops. It's amazing how many tourists miss that place when they visit.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds