Vote no on 4A

23 Oct 2013 08:34 #401 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Vote no on 4A

WindPeak wrote: And for the record, SC, a group of residents off of Kuehster, won't mention the road, were in North Fork Fire District which was very hard for them to access, they had the choice of using Elk Creek Fire Department or InterCanyon and they chose InterCanyon because of access and because of their professionalism. Yea there are those who clearly do not want to be associated with Elk Creek Fire Department. Their previous history, not to mention their current unprofessionalism, precedes them. Maybe a few more of us should petition out of ECFD than watching the fiasco that continues as ECFD. Yep just throw more money at ECFD as if that would make it better.

Vote NO on 4A, my extensive family did.

Thank you for making it easy to make the decision Friends of Elk Creek.

Can you check with your friends and ask them if they would be willing to contact me about this matter. I am putting together story ideas for possibles future features on various fire district departments I would like to publish in the Flume and this sort of information would be of interest to our readers.

Call me (or have them call me) at 303-838-2058

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2013 08:41 #402 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A
I will pass on the information Walter.

I initially learned about this from some of the people whose homes burned in the fire on a road off of Kuehster. So after the fire I made some more inquiries since we know a number of people in the area and learned why they chose InterCanyon (long before the LNFF occurred).

23 Oct 2013 08:52 #403 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
One concern for mutual aid is after the molly house fire, Evergreen Fire was treated in a manner that forced them to have a standing order for mutual aid to Elk Creek Fire that requires a chief or officer to respond to deal with elk creek and protect the evergreen firefighters. At least they're not saying No, but yes with conditions. The sad part is evergreen has always had a rapid response to for mutual aid to elk creek, now they can only help if one of the officers is around which will delay response.. Who can blame them!

23 Oct 2013 09:27 #404 by GO UNION
Mike Davis posted that ECFD does'nt get paid for their services in the parks.

If ECFD ran themselves broke with union raises instead of buying gear and firetrucks why don't they stay on the porch and let Alpine Rescue do what they are trained to do.

Elk Creek has spent thousands on climbing gear and substandard training while the gear needed for these potential needs are already in district! It's in the cars of volunteer Alpine Rescuers that live in the Elk Creek District.
Many firefighters say Alpine Takes too long, but the recent so called rescue in staunton park took Elk Creek over three hours and the patient was found like most, at the bottom and close walking distance of road. Imagine the time if there was any real rescue involved.

23 Oct 2013 09:34 #405 by Twister
Replied by Twister on topic Vote no on 4A
Oh. GO UNION, real hero's hoist up. Not walk out.. What were you thinking!

And. "Like". Alpine rescue! ( they are amazing!)

23 Oct 2013 09:43 #406 by ZenTree
Replied by ZenTree on topic Vote no on 4A

GO UNION wrote: Mike Davis posted that ECFD does'nt get paid for their services in the parks.

If ECFD ran themselves broke with union raises instead of buying gear and firetrucks why don't they stay on the porch and let Alpine Rescue do what they are trained to do.

Elk Creek has spent thousands on climbing gear and substandard training while the gear needed for these potential needs are already in district! It's in the cars of volunteer Alpine Rescuers that live in the Elk Creek District.
Many firefighters say Alpine Takes too long, but the recent so called rescue in staunton park took Elk Creek over three hours and the patient was found like most, at the bottom and close walking distance of road. Imagine the time if there was any real rescue involved.

Elk Creek has 70+ members. Out of that number there are 2 people on shift each day that are paid. I assure you Elk Creek has not "ran themselves broke" paying these two firefighters.

Alpine Rescue only does high angle rope rescue. They don't respond to people who break an ankle hiking, fall off a horse or have a heart attack because they over excerpt themselves. So no, Elk Creek doesn't have the option of "staying on the porch and leting Alpine Rescue" do their job for them.

And finally, thank you for insulting the many hard working volunteer firefighters who dropped everything they were doing in order to respond to help the gentleman who fell in Stanton Park. We were out there working hard and risking our own safety to help this person. It's easy for people to sit back and play arm chair quarterback, but I have to say I like the way we actually help people over the way others just talk about it.

23 Oct 2013 10:16 #407 by GO UNION
You're Welcome!

Why does'nt the chief offer a financial report at the board meetings anymore?

where is the transparency and full disclosure?

I did listen to the staunton call on my scanner, it was a cluster! Proof of poor leadership again and again even if firefighter have the best of intentions

23 Oct 2013 10:42 #408 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vote no on 4A

WindPeak wrote: So then you won't be surprised when people won't support SC's business nor the businesses who advertise on her website because of her views and her filthy mouth and her personal attacks.

Again, I have no problem if you choose to not support my business because of my choices, but that has nothing to do with anyone who advertises here and I find it petty blackmail that you'd threaten to resort to such tactics of harming other business owners to be spiteful to my business. You know, I even help promote others who advertise on Pinecam, because it's not about Pinecam, it's about supporting everyone who deserves so in our community.

Filthy mouth, yeah sometimes. It's who I am and I don't apologize for it - I do it where it's appropriate, and I set up the word starring filter on here for those who prefer not to see swear words, and those of us who like to can do so with freedom. Feel free to judge, it's your right, but we're all about freedom of speech here.

Personal attacks I don't do. I will post my honest opinion of your actions and opinions, but I don't call names or disprespect others for their views, though you've certainly had no problem doing so to us so I find it hypocritical that you think I do that and would hold it against me.

"A group of residents off of Kuehster" - last time you said it was Kuehster. When your story changes, I find it hard to find you credible. So this wasn't because they were in ECFPD's district and opted out of ECFPD, which you made it sound like before, it's because they changed districts due to access issues and they chose IC over ECFPD - how do we know they didn't choose IC because they're closer and they'd get better insurance ratings? Do you see how changing how you presented it because of your bias and preconceived notions that ECFPD is bad and will apparently never change makes it less likely that anyone will believe you?

So this happened before LNFF, and before Chief McLaughlin was even hired - again, how does that reflect on the current leadership at ECFPD? If it was during some previous Chief's tenure, I would've opted out too if I'd had a choice, but not with the current leadership at ECFPD now. I'm sorry you haven't had the opportunity to meet and learn more about them, they are good leaders, honest and respectful and they've done a great job running the dept. If I had a choice now as a resident, I'd choose ECFPD because they have full-time EMT and Paramedics on staff at all times so they'll provide more qualified and swifter service.

So, have you looked over the proposed 2014 budget? Do you have suggestions for what they can cut if the mill levy doesn't pass? Do you see anywhere that they are wildly out of control on spending? How do you propose that they come up with even enough cash to replace parts on the 25 year old trucks, that won't get rated by ISO anyway?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2013 11:05 #409 by Engineer2207
Replied by Engineer2207 on topic Vote no on 4A
I'm new to the area, just moving from Lakewood. I just received a card for "Vote no on 4A." Is it just me, or does Mr Bartlett have some sort of personal grudge?

23 Oct 2013 11:16 #410 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Same tired book with a new cover (nic)

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds