Vote no on 4A

23 Oct 2013 11:25 #411 by Michael_Davis
Replied by Michael_Davis on topic Vote no on 4A

GO UNION wrote: You're Welcome!

Well good morning! I see you guys have been up all night trying to figure our more nasty stuff to say about Elk Creek.

I can't keep up. You see, while you guys site around scheming, I and the other Volunteer Firefighters at Elk Creek Fire Department are out helping people. I guess it's just a matter of priorities: Mine is serving my community, and your's is.....................

That's ok. I'll do my best to keep up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2013 11:33 #412 by Michael_Davis

GO UNION wrote: Why does'nt the chief offer a financial report at the board meetings anymore?

where is the transparency and full disclosure?

Where you at the board meeting? If you made the effort, you could have asked the Chief yourself. In person. In public. Much more fun that way.

As for "transparency and full disclosure," you guys are all hiding behind screen names, funding a web site with fake ownership information, and proudly telling your supporters not to worry, because you'll never tell anyone who they are.

I understand, I'm sure they'd be ashamed to be publicly linked to this mud slinging machine you've created.

So yes sir, I ask you "where is the transparency and full disclosure?"

23 Oct 2013 11:36 #413 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Here is what I see.
Elk Creek has had a lot of political turmoil over the years.
It appears that a good many people who are responsible for the fiscal problems at Elk Creek have gotten together and though I am unclear of the real reason.....they have decided to oppose the new leadership at Elk Creek.
The tactics they are using seem a little shady to me so if they can be shady now.....were they shady then?
hmmmm.
I am just an outsider looking in but that is my feeling at this point.
JMO

23 Oct 2013 11:41 #414 by Michael_Davis

GO UNION wrote: I did listen to the staunton call on my scanner, it was a cluster! Proof of poor leadership again and again even if firefighter have the best of intentions

Yes sir, from your position as arm chair quarterback, sitting comfortably in your LazyBoy with a cold beer in your hand, while the rest of us are out there climbing around in the mountains trying to help an injured man, I'm sure all emergency operations sound like a "cluster."

Thankfully we are not all sitting at home listening to scanners. Some of us choose to Volunteer our time and energy to help our friends and neighbors in the community. Some of us make the effort, and then some others sit safely at home and critique our efforts.

I am proud to be one of the group who actually try to make a positive difference in the community.

23 Oct 2013 11:46 #415 by Engineer2207
Replied by Engineer2207 on topic Vote no on 4A

frogger wrote: Here is what I see.
Elk Creek has had a lot of political turmoil over the years.
It appears that a good many people who are responsible for the fiscal problems at Elk Creek have gotten together and though I am unclear of the real reason.....they have decided to oppose the new leadership at Elk Creek.
The tactics they are using seem a little shady to me so if they can be shady now.....were they shady then?
hmmmm.
I am just an outsider looking in but that is my feeling at this point.
JMO

From what I have observed over the years, a lot of volunteer agencies have a "Good 'ol Boys approach, and when that is threatened, that's when you see the political posturing.

23 Oct 2013 11:51 #416 by Michael_Davis

Engineer2207 wrote: I'm new to the area, just moving from Lakewood. I just received a card for "Vote no on 4A." Is it just me, or does Mr Bartlett have some sort of personal grudge?

Welcome to the community. You are very preceptive. I think your observation on this is totally accurate.

Please don't let all this ranting give you the wrong impression of our community. What you're seeing here is the work of a hand full of people with a vendetta against the fire department.

The Conifer area is a great place to live. The people are welcoming and friendly and (although I am biased) we have a great Fire Department, filled with dedicated Volunteers who will readily risk their personal safety to help a stranger. I think that says a lot.

Again: Welcome!

23 Oct 2013 12:00 #417 by Michael_Davis

Engineer2207 wrote: From what I have observed over the years, a lot of volunteer agencies have a "Good 'ol Boys approach, and when that is threatened, that's when you see the political posturing.

And when those Good ol' Boys lose their hold on the department, man oh man, do they raise a stink!

That is exactly what we're witnessing here. These people have completely lost site of what is important. They don't care about the community or the people. They want the fire department to fail. They think if they can hurt the department, that that will some how vindicate them.

Nothing would make them happier than for a large fire to break out that Elk Creek couldn't handle. So what if people lose their homes? So what if people die? At least they could sit home by their scanners and congratulate themselves on just how right they are.

It's sad. But not to worry: Their are 60 Volunteers, 6 paid Firefighters and 1 Chief who are going to stand tall and protect this community, no matter what.

23 Oct 2013 12:04 #418 by ForestFellow
Replied by ForestFellow on topic Vote no on 4A

23 Oct 2013 12:15 #419 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A

Michael_Davis wrote:

GO UNION wrote: I did listen to the staunton call on my scanner, it was a cluster! Proof of poor leadership again and again even if firefighter have the best of intentions

Yes sir, from your position as arm chair quarterback, sitting comfortably in your LazyBoy with a cold beer in your hand, while the rest of us are out there climbing around in the mountains trying to help an injured man, I'm sure all emergency operations sound like a "cluster."

Thankfully we are not all sitting at home listening to scanners. Some of us choose to Volunteer our time and energy to help our friends and neighbors in the community. Some of us make the effort, and then some others sit safely at home and critique our efforts.

I am proud to be one of the group who actually try to make a positive difference in the community.

Here we go again. A good many folks who listen to scanners also go out and serve their community as well.

After speaking with a friend....as I missed much of the call....it seems you guys did have a good deal of difficulty locating the gentleman in question.
Give me a date and I can provide the archive.
So....admit when you can do better.

23 Oct 2013 12:49 #420 by otterdog
Replied by otterdog on topic Vote no on 4A
Great! Because they had difficulty in finding a needle in a haystack, it's time to say we don't want your help at all tongue: (????????) No - that's not what you are saying - You're saying that because the FD is not superhuman, they should not have any help in saving your life or your house or your community. You're saying the volunteers (unpaid) should never receive any monetary funds for putting their lives on the line to save you or yours - and that they are expected to be a top notch department with old outdated and failing equipment.

I am one that listens to scanners, and when called on, I leave my armchair and respond.
I can tell you from a responder's pov, emergencies/disasters are usually confusing at first - until things are figured out - that's the nature of the beast.

Michael, I for one appreciate your efforts in the department and I am glad that you understand that these folks venting here are in the minority - the community DOES appreciate you!

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds