Vote no on 4A

23 Oct 2013 17:08 #431 by Michael_Davis
Replied by Michael_Davis on topic Vote no on 4A

Engineer2207 wrote: I think that if you really want accurate records, you should try: http://jeffco.us/ats/addresssearch.do

Yes sir, you are correct. The Jefferson County Assessor's Office is the only place to get accurate, relevant information. And that is where all our property valuation and tax revenue projections come from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2013 17:12 - 23 Oct 2013 17:18 #432 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
Replied by KINCAIDSPRINGS on topic Vote no on 4A
:fwave: :faint: :fwave:

23 Oct 2013 17:16 #433 by KINCAIDSPRINGS

Michael_Davis wrote:

Referencing above article.

Professional= guy who fires volunteers to keep political capital
professional= guy who blames lack of area knowledge on poor maps
Professional= guy who out sources our tax money not only out of the area but out of state
Professional= guy who offers quid pro quo to try to keep people quiet
Professional= guy who fires volunteers via the mail
Professional= guy who promotes an employee who isn't qualified for the job and then outsources all the duties
Professional= guy who blames others when his team fails
Professional= guy who gives 9 and 10% raises and then asks for more money

... gotta stop, it is early in the evening.

I do like how the article says the tax hike will potentially keep the fire department from having the fire rating down graded. when I translate that, it means pay more money and then you can potentially pay some more money!

Who wrote this opinion piece? Do they even live in Elk Creek's District? It is easy for someone who doesn't live here or pay here to say give me more money. wanna know how easy? About 30% of Elk Creeks members have been telling you for 3 months. They don't live here and don't pay here either.

Again, I don't read these papers!

23 Oct 2013 17:28 #434 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
My question.....who ran the district down to begin with KS?

23 Oct 2013 17:37 #435 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
That is a great question, the bank account was full 2 years ago!

How does a firefighter go pro? sounds awesome!

23 Oct 2013 18:41 #436 by Michael_Davis
Replied by Michael_Davis on topic Vote no on 4A
How much does the service cost?

Elk Creek Fire has the lowest fire and EMS tax rate in either Jefferson or Park County…and will still be the lowest if this measure passes.

File Attachment:

23 Oct 2013 19:57 #437 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A

Michael_Davis wrote: How much does the service cost?

Elk Creek Fire has the lowest fire and EMS tax rate in either Jefferson or Park County…and will still be the lowest if this measure passes.

How about you use the entire chart MD. This is how I got into this unplanned discussion when I watched the video that SC did and Chief McLaughlin was showing only what he wanted to show. That is when I knew he wasn't unbiased. And here you are. How about the entire chart?

And tell me MD, how many people who live in ECFD go and volunteer for Platte Canyon or North Fork Fire because of the current leadership? They don't want to have anything to do with ECFD.

And Walter before you ask I gave your phone number to several of them. Hopefully one of them will step forward although one said that would be suicide based on how ECFD treats volunteer firefighters. So until you learn to manage yourself MD and the Dept. don't expect for people to be enthusiastic about the poor leadership you represent. Look at how you say things on this website. You are clearly not a professional and never will be. You try to demonize those who know ECFD stinks and try to minimalize the number who are against a tax increase. You sir are a deceitful fraud. Now come back when you become a professional representative of the ECF District.

23 Oct 2013 20:36 #438 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
While we are waiting for MD to post the chart of where Elk Creek sits in that list for valuation, i can throw some stuff your way.

Put Elkcreekfire.com into your browser address line. It flips over to iaff4710.org and there is nothing on the page. SO then we can play the who is game here as well. Lets take a look at the honest upstanding union folks.

http://whois.net/whois/elkcreekfire.com/

so then lets see who iaff4710 belongs to:

http://whois.net/whois/iaff4710.org/

Huh! weird people hiding their internet identity. Look like that mean horrible kindcaid (me) learned it from these fine upstanding local hero's. :smackshead:

23 Oct 2013 20:42 #439 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A

Science Chic wrote:

WindPeak wrote: So then you won't be surprised when people won't support SC's business nor the businesses who advertise on her website because of her views and her filthy mouth and her personal attacks.

Again, I have no problem if you choose to not support my business because of my choices, but that has nothing to do with anyone who advertises here and I find it petty blackmail that you'd threaten to resort to such tactics of harming other business owners to be spiteful to my business. You know, I even help promote others who advertise on Pinecam, because it's not about Pinecam, it's about supporting everyone who deserves so in our community.

Here you go again claiming threats to harming other business owners. SC you don't get it, everytime you as a business woman open your mouth people make judgments about you, your business and the businesses who advertise here. You know just like the people who have decided to come to your website rather than 285bound w/o knowing the details of the contract. It is human nature.

Science Chic wrote: Filthy mouth, yeah sometimes. It's who I am and I don't apologize for it - I do it where it's appropriate, and I set up the word starring filter on here for those who prefer not to see swear words, and those of us who like to can do so with freedom. Feel free to judge, it's your right, but we're all about freedom of speech here.

So how many businesses do you frequent who have filthy mouthes. How long do you think they stay in business?

Science Chic wrote: Personal attacks I don't do. I will post my honest opinion of your actions and opinions, but I don't call names or disprespect others for their views, though you've certainly had no problem doing so to us so I find it hypocritical that you think I do that and would hold it against me.

This from the woman who attacked me in another thread while I was in the hospital. I am not a businesswoman trying to promote my business. Duh, you are!

Science Chic wrote: "A group of residents off of Kuehster" - last time you said it was Kuehster. When your story changes, I find it hard to find you credible. So this wasn't because they were in ECFPD's district and opted out of ECFPD, which you made it sound like before, it's because they changed districts due to access issues and they chose IC over ECFPD - how do we know they didn't choose IC because they're closer and they'd get better insurance ratings? Do you see how changing how you presented it because of your bias and preconceived notions that ECFPD is bad and will apparently never change makes it less likely that anyone will believe you?

This from the woman who just said not to cherry pick in another thread. Yes I did say it was Kuehster. After talking to a few people who live down that road, it has a name so I was attempting to be more specific about it being off of Kuehster. Ask the people in the area. I can p.m. the name of the road and you can check yourself. And you aren't personally attacking when you say 'bias and preconceived notions that ECFD is bad' considering I talked to some people and repeated what they said. What exactly did you do besides cherry pick?

Science Chic wrote: So this happened before LNFF, and before Chief McLaughlin was even hired - again, how does that reflect on the current leadership at ECFPD? If it was during some previous Chief's tenure, I would've opted out too if I'd had a choice, but not with the current leadership at ECFPD now. I'm sorry you haven't had the opportunity to meet and learn more about them, they are good leaders, honest and respectful and they've done a great job running the dept. If I had a choice now as a resident, I'd choose ECFPD because they have full-time EMT and Paramedics on staff at all times so they'll provide more qualified and swifter service.

But you don't get to choose, you don't live in the District. As for the current leadership I have met Chief McLaughlin. Nice enough person but bought and paid for by the district. And after reading Michael Davis poor responses, he needs to be dumped so that the good firefighters who live in the ECFD and drive all the way to other fire Districts can replace him and others who just fool around. Let's get our fire district back to what it was years ago when we all worked together. MD has only created animosity. He would have been better served not to come on this site and make a fool of himself.

Science Chic wrote: So, have you looked over the proposed 2014 budget? Do you have suggestions for what they can cut if the mill levy doesn't pass? Do you see anywhere that they are wildly out of control on spending? How do you propose that they come up with even enough cash to replace parts on the 25 year old trucks, that won't get rated by ISO anyway?

Already discussed several times. Even if the trucks are totally replaced or parts purchased ISO is going to go up anyway. The Chief said that.
What can they cut? Chief McLaughlin for a start. Michael Davis for a second even though he is a volunteer. Get some decent leadership in there instead of all the animosity that is going on. Replace parts rather than new trucks. Some proper training instead of monkeying around. Have them regain the confidence of the taxpayers in the ECFD and learn how to manage what they have.

23 Oct 2013 20:53 #440 by KINCAIDSPRINGS

Michael_Davis wrote:

GO UNION wrote: You're Welcome!

I can't keep up. You see, while you guys site around scheming, I and the other Volunteer Firefighters at Elk Creek Fire Department are out helping people. I guess it's just a matter of priorities: Mine is serving my community

nar-cis-sis-tic = having excessive interest in ones self.

( again thanks for what you do. you are are amazing no one can ever fill your shoes, you are the best volunteer ever, elk creek has waited 60+ years for you to come along, there were never volunteers that gave and served and did before you)

Sunday has a new meaning now... we have a new idol. Is there like a statue of you are something I can put in a shrine?

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds