Vote no on 4A

24 Oct 2013 14:25 #461 by Michael_Davis
Replied by Michael_Davis on topic Vote no on 4A

KINCAIDSPRINGS wrote: Michael Davis is the PIO of Elk Creek. He is also the registered agent of the "friends"

Sir, I am a homeowner and a taxpayer in this district. I have as much right to come on this site and express my personal beliefs as anyone. The only difference between you and I, is that I have the courage to let people know who I am. I'm not hiding behind a cute screen name and I am not ashamed to stand up for what I believe in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2013 14:30 #462 by ZenTree
Replied by ZenTree on topic Vote no on 4A

GO UNION wrote: It's funny that MD started the rumor kincnaid is Dolan without an ounce of evidence, and the weak sheep believe and do everything they're told!

Naa.... If ya go an read that post Dolan outed himself. One of those Guilty Dog Barks First moments. And by the way, all us sheep aren't as bumb as you'd like ta think. Baaaa. Baaaa.

LOL Kincaidsprings and the Hiddie Hole Gang. Thats a good one. I like that.

24 Oct 2013 14:40 #463 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
I've asked for MD's proof, and nothing! Naa really? you goofy sheep

24 Oct 2013 14:47 #464 by GO UNION
Maybe someday the sheep will have herders that practice what they preach! The firefighters in the pic are pretty good folks and friends. time exposed to the weak will be their true test!

24 Oct 2013 16:38 #465 by Michael_Davis
Replied by Michael_Davis on topic Vote no on 4A
Funding

The fire department DOES NOT receive money from taxes paid to the State or Federal Governments.

The primary source of funding for the ECFPD comes from the county mill levy tax on assessed real estate, ambulance charges, and reimbursement from the federal government for apparatus (trucks) and personnel loaned to fight large wildfires outside the district. Grants are sought, but generally a very small part of the budget.

Elk Creek FPD has the lowest tax levy [4.915 mills] of all FPD’s in Jefferson County and is among the lowest in Colorado. The owner of a $336,000 house is presently assessed $131.45 a year for JEFFCO taxes.

If a proposed 2.5 mill levy increase is voted in, the same homeowner would be assessed a total of $198.31 annually [that’s an additional $5.57 a month].

Homeowners Insurance

In the event that a mill levy increase is not approved, the district will not be able to replace aging engines, and tankers. As a result of equipment reductions, it is estimated that the same homeowner’s fire insurance rates will increase by $236 a year. In some cases, fire insurance policies will be cancelled and in other cases, companies will not issue new policies in the district.

The impact of a reduction in firefighting capability would impact everyone in the community. What that impact would be on each individual would vary depending on a number of factors. Check with your home owner's insurance agent to see how you might be effected.

24 Oct 2013 17:32 #466 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A

Michael_Davis wrote:

KINCAIDSPRINGS wrote: Michael Davis is the PIO of Elk Creek. He is also the registered agent of the "friends"

Sir, I am a homeowner and a taxpayer in this district. I have as much right to come on this site and express my personal beliefs as anyone. The only difference between you and I, is that I have the courage to let people know who I am. I'm not hiding behind a cute screen name and I am not ashamed to stand up for what I believe in.

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

24 Oct 2013 17:54 #467 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Vote no on 4A
Sure am seeing a lot of "Yes on 4A!" yard signs around Conifer....

Good thing I already mailed in my ballot. Good thing the usual weasels can vent their smears and anti-tax venom all they want...and it won't change the outcome... :biggrin:

24 Oct 2013 18:29 #468 by GO UNION
Maybe you should look at the pre signed federal grant form again and the laws attached to them! Sorry I'm not responsible for your own feelings!

24 Oct 2013 19:30 #469 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Vote no on 4A

Maybe you should look at the pre signed federal grant form again and the laws attached to them! Sorry I'm not responsible for your own feelings!

Would you mind putting some actual facts out, rather than just the usual vague implications?

Just exactly what are you trying to say regarding the 'pre signed federal grant form'?

Or are you just trying to stir up crap with vague accusations?

If you really have something valid to bring up, bring it up!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Oct 2013 19:39 #470 by ZenTree
Replied by ZenTree on topic Vote no on 4A

jf1acai wrote:

Would you mind putting some actual facts out, rather than just the usual vague implications?

Just exactly what are you trying to say regarding the 'pre signed federal grant form'?

Or are you just trying to stir up crap with vague accusations?

If you really have something valid to bring up, bring it up!

Like they say back home:

You got somethin' to say: Stand Up!
You got nothin': Shut Up!

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds