Is Christie done?

08 Jan 2014 13:26 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Is Christie done?
I don't know of any potential candidate that hasn't pissed of part of the Dem or GOP bases is some way, so nobody can be counted out or assumed to be a lock. McCain was too squishy for many conservatives yet he got the nomination, so did Romney. I think the equation will change the most as we see how the current administration is graded toward the end of Obama's term. A good ending for Obama will favor guys like Christie imo.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2014 13:37 #12 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Christie done?
If he actually had involvement in this, he should not even be considered for a presidential run as it demonstrates a willingness to put politics above constituents.

08 Jan 2014 13:44 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Christie done?

towermonkey wrote: If he actually had involvement in this, he should not even be considered for a presidential run as it demonstrates a willingness to put politics above constituents.

Like when former Obama's former Sec'y of State Gates said Hilary made decisions about our troops in Afghanistan for political reasons instead of their lives?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jan 2014 14:20 #14 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Is Christie done?

towermonkey wrote: If he actually had involvement in this, he should not even be considered for a presidential run as it demonstrates a willingness to put politics above constituents.

Any thoughts on politicians of any party that do not?

08 Jan 2014 14:57 #15 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Christie done?
I realize that it seems to be a common trait with politicians of any stripe. I happen to personally demand more from a nominee.

08 Jan 2014 15:10 #16 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Is Christie done?
This is typical New Jersey politics (I know, I lived there for a LONG TIME). Knowing what I know about east coast politics and the constant dirty tricks that ensue, I would have trouble supporting any presidential candidate from the east coast.

Christy plays well up there, but his style would not play well on the national stage. His like a local thug, a neighborhood fixer who get things done, but in his own way. Just like a lot of east coast politicians.

Sounds a lot like a Chicago community organizer, doesn't it?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

08 Jan 2014 15:12 #17 by Something the Dog Said
So Christie is now saying that he knew nothing, that he is "outraged" by the actions of his top aides. Hmm, sounds like Captain Renault in Casablanca "I'm shocked, shocked to find out gambling is going on here!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

So the Christie style of management is that the buck stops over there.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

08 Jan 2014 15:17 #18 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Christie done?
Christie is starting to sound just like Obama. "I didn't know my IRS was practicing partisan politics."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jan 2014 15:18 #19 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Is Christie done?
He probably heard about it on the news.

08 Jan 2014 16:04 #20 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Is Christie done?
Isn't the standard response to DISAVOW knowledge of.....what really matter now is this......
he takes action to "get infront" of the mess and that means immediate dismissal of those
individuals that "went behind his back"......and a contrite demeanor to those citizens that were
affected is an adverse way.......anything LESS makes him appear insincere. IF he does the
above he will ride this out.....per James Carville, and I would tend to agree with his accessment.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds