Is Christie done?

08 Jan 2014 16:19 #21 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Christie done?

FredHayek wrote: Christie is starting to sound just like Obama. "I didn't know my IRS was practicing partisan politics."

Thanks Fred, it wouldn't be a proper courthouse thread without your finding that whatever a conservative does is excused by a liberal having done it too, or worse, or before. It's an all too familiar refrain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2014 17:13 #22 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Christie done?
I didn't read "excused" into that. Sounded to me like Fred was saying that Christie would be no better in this regard than Obama has been. I, personally, would like to see nominees that accept responsibility whether it is popular or not.

08 Jan 2014 17:31 #23 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Christie done?

towermonkey wrote: I didn't read "excused" into that. Sounded to me like Fred was saying that Christie would be no better in this regard than Obama has been. I, personally, would like to see nominees that accept responsibility whether it is popular or not.

You are right, excused is probably the wrong word, but seriously has there ever been a thread about a conservative behaving badly that wasn't immediately followed by Fred claiming that a liberal did the same thing, or a worse thing.? "you did it too" doesn't exactly contribute to a discussion.

There are a lot of people who view Christie as the best hope of the Republicans retaking the White House. I think this will blow over before 2016, it will be up to the Democrats to decide if the dead horse is worth beating during the campaign. I am curious to know what Republicans think about this.... Their opinions on this issue, not a comparison to something a Democrat may have done.

08 Jan 2014 17:43 - 09 Jan 2014 07:43 #24 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Christie done?
I am not excusing Christie. I think he actually did it. I also think Obama knew the IRS was using partisan strongarm tactics. Christie and Obama are both retribution politicians. And I don't consider Krispy Kreme to be a conservative. But I didn't think Romney was a conservative either nor McCain.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jan 2014 18:27 #25 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Is Christie done?
Christie needs to go. He is a RINO. An east coast Republican is a Democrat in any other part of the country.

09 Jan 2014 06:57 #26 by FredHayek
Maybe President Obama will pardon the New Jersey governor, they seem to have a special relationship.

09 Jan 2014 07:11 #27 by Nobody that matters
In the world of political scandals, this will turn out to barely be a blip on the radar by election time.

Democrats will try to blow this up as completely inexcusable, but the unfortunate fact is that it's just political manuvering. Please note that if forums could depict connotation and subliminal messages better, you would be aware of the complete disgust I feel towards our current political culture. What Christie did was wrong in an absolute moral sense, but given the situational ethic beliefs to which today's politicians subscribe it is pretty much business as usual and simply showcases Christie's abilities to wield political power.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Jan 2014 07:45 #28 by FredHayek
The New Jersey Governor is having a press conference today. How cool would it be if he admitted to doing it and said Fort Lee can expect more of the same if they don't get on board?

09 Jan 2014 08:26 #29 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Is Christie done?

FredHayek wrote: The New Jersey Governor is having a press conference today. How cool would it be if he admitted to doing it and said Fort Lee can expect more of the same if they don't get on board?

Well if he pulls an Obama and doesn't fire anyone, then we can assume he's guilty imo. If he fires people, those people would be much more likely to take him down with them if he really did have full knowledge and was willing to throw his people under the bus. I would vote for him over Hillary even if he did know or even orchestrated it, but I would prefer he just get taken out now so he's not a tainted candidate. I see Obama's and Hillary's deceit much more serious in the way they lied about Benghazi and the ACA in order to keep power and reputation. It would be nice to see some honesty enter Washington in the next few years but I think that's a fantasy.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jan 2014 10:55 #30 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Is Christie done?
Man this is a long press conference, but I do like the way Christie is handling the situation. I'm sure the left (and MSNBC especially) will say he's lying, but I don't feel like he is. I think Bridget Kelley enjoyed her position of power and abused it for the benefit of her boss and her ego. Christie (unlike Clinton, Obama, Holder) at least manned up and took responsibility and apologized, also stating that the buck stops with him. I'll be interested to see if Kelley calls Christie a liar, but I don't think she will because I don't think he is.

If other evidence comes out to connect him, he's so done he will have to resign.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds