Is Christie done?

09 Jan 2014 11:18 #31 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Christie done?
I have a very hard time taking politicians at their word, but will wait and see one this one. He does seem sincere but may just be a very good actor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2014 11:43 #32 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Christie done?
I'm sure Christie is smarter than his staff and if he did have any knowledge of this there is no record of it. I'll wait for the chips to fall before making any deductions about it. So far Christie is holding his own, but will even his proximity to this scandal taint him going forward?

09 Jan 2014 12:00 #33 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Christie done?
I don't think proximity is enough after the show he put on today. He's good.

09 Jan 2014 12:57 #34 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Is Christie done?

archer wrote: I'm sure Christie is smarter than his staff and if he did have any knowledge of this there is no record of it. I'll wait for the chips to fall before making any deductions about it. So far Christie is holding his own, but will even his proximity to this scandal taint him going forward?

Absolutely. If he runs as a r the d's will never let it go and the r's will poo poo it. If he goes d and runs against Hillory (there is some talk of that, no idea how credible) the dems will forget it if he gets the nomination and the repubs will scream it from the rooftops.

09 Jan 2014 15:12 #35 by Blazer Bob
L O L

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/christie-o ... ew-nothing

"Christie on “Bridgegate”: I knew nothing. Have I mentioned I knew nothing? Yeah, we know, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing. Might be great as Christie’s campaign mantra.

09 Jan 2014 15:16 #36 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Christie done?
Sgt. Shultz and Christie do look a little alike, if we are measuring girth.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jan 2014 18:03 #37 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Is Christie done?
Christie gave the "Obama" defense: I don't know anything about it, but I'll get to the bottom of it.
Christie needs to go!

09 Jan 2014 18:30 #38 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Is Christie done?

Arlen wrote: Christie gave the "Obama" defense: I don't know anything about it, but I'll get to the bottom of it.
Christie needs to go!

The big differences are #1, he immediately took responsibility and didn't use lawyer speak #2 he immediately fired the known guilty party. In the Obama administration, you just get moved, promoted, or carry on as usual... and Obama carefully crafts his words as to not take any responsibility for his inept peeps.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jan 2014 18:59 #39 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Is Christie done?
Civil lawsuits starting over BridgeGate already.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jan 2014 20:49 #40 by Blazer Bob

Rick wrote:

Arlen wrote: Christie gave the "Obama" defense: I don't know anything about it, but I'll get to the bottom of it.
Christie needs to go!

The big differences are #1, he immediately took responsibility and didn't use lawyer speak #2 he immediately fired the known guilty party. In the Obama administration, you just get moved, promoted, or carry on as usual... and Obama carefully crafts his words as to not take any responsibility for his inept peeps.

That is what you have to do when the main stream establishment is not running cover for you. It will not be enough.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds