ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

12 Mar 2014 17:17 #361 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Tell you what...Why don't you tell us again how that's the "lowest number of people covered since 2008"....?

I already did the math for you up thread. Which you haven't even bothered to refute.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2014 18:41 #362 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: Which, of course, is a bullsh*t number, since millions of that 320 million are children 25 and under which can stay on their parent's policies until age 26 and aren't counted in the 4-million?

Do you have some source to show that children up to age 26 are not counted in the four million?

I hope you realize that if you sign up for Obamacare and want coverage for your spouse or children, you also have to sign them up too and pay extra for each of their premiums. They are not covered automatically, nor for free. That's not new, that's how it's always worked.

So it would sure seem to me that they'd be counted as part of the 4 million as well.

12 Mar 2014 19:03 #363 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Which, of course, is a bullsh*t number, since millions of that 320 million are children 25 and under which can stay on their parent's policies until age 26 and aren't counted in the 4-million?

Do you have some source to show that children up to age 26 are not counted in the four million?

I hope you realize that if you sign up for Obamacare and want coverage for your spouse or children, you also have to sign them up too and pay extra for each of their premiums. They are not covered automatically, nor for free. That's not new, that's how it's always worked.

So it would sure seem to me that they'd be counted as part of the 4 million as well.

Yes they are counted.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2014 ... llment.pdf

12 Mar 2014 19:29 #364 by Venturer
Not to mention that some signing up are convicts.

Reverend Revelant wrote:

GreatGran wrote: What a surprise!
Sebelius says Obamacare premiums will go up next year
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Wednesday that Obamacare premiums will probably go up in 2015, that she does not know how many Obamacare customers have paid their premiums, and that she does not know how many Obamacare enrollees had insurance previously.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/12/sebel ... next-year/

This is precisely why the recent figure of 4.2 million enrollments is bogus. They don't know how many of those enrolled actually have paid for their insurance, they can't tell you how many of those enrolled are people who were part of the normal cycle of Medicare enrollments and they don't know how many who have enrolled were people who already had "policies that they liked" and were forced to renew under Obamacare.

This whole law was designed to help those who didn't have insurance and yet the figures released by HHS themselves (and a number of other firms that track this kind of data) show that they are no where close to covering the people who really needed this help.

And the young, healthy folks that were suppose to sign up to help support the financial burden of this law has not increased one bit. There has been a flat 25% of young people enrollment from day one, no where near the 37% they claimed they needed to make this law financially viable.

The GOP has been slammed and vilified for 3 years in regards to their attempts to modify or repeal this law, yet the administration themselves have made over 30 changes to the law since it's inception. And many of those changes were already suggested to the administration by the GOP and some Democrats.

Every change erodes this law and it's stability, piece by piece, part by part and it's collapsing under it's own weight. It's like a game of Jenga.

And we are 3 weeks out from the end of the enrollment period. Bottom line, this is going to cost everyone. This law is not helping poor people and this law is becoming a financial burden to the strapped middle class.

So much for any equitable equality.

12 Mar 2014 20:03 - 12 Mar 2014 21:05 #365 by LadyJazzer

pineinthegrass wrote:

Do you have something to prove that they aren't? No one--including me--said they would be insured for free. The point is that they are eligible for coverage and part of the family plan. It's a good thing I didn't say that... You should try scoring points with what I DO say, instead of what you assume, incorrectly, I DIDN'T say.

Go run your "The sky is falling" garbage against someone else...I'm not interested.

ACA:
1) Small Business Health Insurance Tax Credits: DONE
2) Allowing States to Cover More People on Medicaid: DONE (The fact that the knuckle-draggers in some GOTP-controlled states have chosen not to is not the fault of the program.)
3) Relief for 4-Million Seniors Who Hit the Medicare Prescription Drug “Donut Hole”: DONE
4) Expanding Coverage for Early Retirees: DONE
5) Pre-existing conditions covered for children: DONE
6) Wellness exams and preventative care covered: DONE
7) Specific Free Preventive Care for Seniors: DONE
8) Lifetime limits on coverage, gone..: DONE
9) Regulating Annual Limits on Insurance Coverage; Lowered now; DONE
10) Prohibiting Insurance Companies from Rescinding Coverage: DONE
11) Coverage for Young Adults to age-26 on parent's policy: DONE
12) Appealing Insurance Company Decisions with external review process: DONE
13) Pre-existing conditions covered for adults: 2014, DONE
14) Holding Insurance Companies Accountable for Unreasonable Rate Hikes: DONE
15) Rebuilding the Primary Care Workforce: Incentives, DONE
16) Additional Prescription Drug Discounts for Seniors: DONE
17) Bringing Down Health Care Premiums by REQUIRING that at LEAST 80% of premiums go to patient care...(instead of fat salaries for CEOs and Admins/advertising/etc.): DONE
18) Addressing Overpayments to Big Insurance Companies and Strengthening Medicare Advantage: DONE
19) Reducing Paperwork and Administrative Costs: DONE
20) Linking Payment to Quality Outcomes: DONE
21) Establishing Affordable Insurance Exchanges (where states aren't blocking it...and using the Fed Gov't to establish them if the state refuses): 2014, DONE
http://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/

Extending Coverage for Young Adults. Under the law, young adults will be allowed to stay on their parents’ plan until they turn 26 years old (in the case of existing group health plans, this right does not apply if the young adult is offered insurance at work). Check with your insurance company or employer to see if you qualify.

"We're from the GoTeabaggerParty, and we're here to take all that away from you. What's that?...No, we don't have anything to replace any of it with, other than the insurance-industry's old system of denying you for "pre-existing conditions"; cancelling your policy if you get sick; restoring the lifetime maximums, and reinstituting our OWN "death panels" if we don't want to pay for something." But we're TeaBaggers...and we're here to help you.

12 Mar 2014 20:54 #366 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Do you have something to prove that they aren't?

The HHS has something, which I posted above, but since you have myself and so many others on ignore, you talk to an echo chamber.

Fred

She likes batting you around so how about quoting this for me so Lady Jazzer can see this link. Those under 26 are certainly counted in the 4.2 million. From the HHS themselves, just a few days ago...

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2014 ... llment.pdf

12 Mar 2014 21:27 #367 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Do you have something to prove that they aren't? No one--including me--said they would be insured for free. The point is that they are eligible for coverage and part of the family plan.

You made the claim, it's up to you to prove it. And you still haven't provided a source.

My point was to make it clear that dependents and spouses also have to be enrolled and paid for. So it seems pretty obvious they would be part of the 4 million too.

You made the claim that children 26 and under wouldn't count as part of the 4 million. Prove otherwise.

12 Mar 2014 21:31 #368 by Venturer
America has come a long way. From George Washington "I cannot tell a lie" to Obuma "I cannot tell the truth."
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BflaFCgCQAA2SrR.jpg:large

12 Mar 2014 21:34 #369 by LadyJazzer
I don't have to... You are the one that questioned the claim... I don't care if you prove it or not. In the meantime, counting them is the usual right-wing lie.

12 Mar 2014 21:36 #370 by Rick
Can someone give me a source that shows how many of the enrollees have actually paid a premium? Anybody?

I suppose that would be a bad way to sell the "progress" of the ACA... ya know, transparency and all. You know that if all these people actually paid for their premiums, the liar-in-chief would have repeated that wonderful news on a daily basis.

Yet, the sound of silence.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds