ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

11 Mar 2014 12:20 #341 by Reverend Revelant
Back on subject (like a bunch of kids who can't stay on topic).

Can anyone tell me why President Obama has extended the employer mandates out two years?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2014 13:08 #342 by Nobody that matters

Reverend Revelant wrote: Back on subject (like a bunch of kids who can't stay on topic).

Can anyone tell me why President Obama has extended the employer mandates out two years?

So the next administration can point to all this as a failure and more easily implement single payer.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Mar 2014 13:21 #343 by LadyJazzer
Single payer? We can only hope....

But that's not the reason.....

But you knew that.

11 Mar 2014 13:29 #344 by FredHayek
And now per thehill.com, Team Obama is rolling back their planned changes to Medicare.
Wouldn't it be funny if ACA was gradually taken apart piece by piece, but not by the GOP but by the man who signed this "big fu**ing deal"?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2014 13:43 #345 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Single payer? We can only hope....

But that's not the reason.....

But you knew that.

Then what is the reason for President Obama pushing the employer mandate back for two years?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

11 Mar 2014 18:18 #346 by FredHayek
In a Florida special election seen as a referendum on ACA the Dem Sink lost to Republican Jolly. Foreshadowing for November?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2014 18:52 #347 by otisptoadwater

Reverend Revelant wrote: Can anyone tell me why President Obama has extended the employer mandates out two years?

That's a tough one RR... 2014 + 2 years? Hmm, is there anything important happening in 2014 or 2016 that might have to do with politicians keeping their posts? Nah, that would be far too obvious, there has to be something more involved in how that decision was made. Then again, since Barry makes changes on the fly without following the legislative process who knows what else will change between now and 2016.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Mar 2014 19:35 #348 by Venturer
lol No nothing important during that time. Never mind that the Dems are going down in smoke.

otisptoadwater wrote:

Reverend Revelant wrote: Can anyone tell me why President Obama has extended the employer mandates out two years?

That's a tough one RR... 2014 + 2 years? Hmm, is there anything important happening in 2014 or 2016 that might have to do with politicians keeping their posts? Nah, that would be far too obvious, there has to be something more involved in how that decision was made. Then again, since Barry makes changes on the fly without following the legislative process who knows what else will change between now and 2016.

11 Mar 2014 19:53 #349 by Venturer
Hey nice way to pad the numbers for ACA

Prison inmates signing up for Medicaid?
Mar. 11, 2014 - 7:05 - Report: 35 percent now eligible under ObamaCare are convicts
http://video.foxnews.com/v/332696698600 ... show-clips

Little-Known Health Act Fact: Prison Inmates Are Signing Up
In a little-noticed outcome of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, jails and prisons around the country are beginning to sign up inmates for health insurance under the law, taking advantage of the expansion of Medicaid that allows states to extend coverage to single and childless adults — a major part of the prison population.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/us/li ... ml?hp&_r=1

11 Mar 2014 20:49 #350 by Cathy_Lee

FredHayek wrote: In a Florida special election seen as a referendum on ACA the Dem Sink lost to Republican Jolly. Foreshadowing for November?

While I'd love to think so, he won in a Republican controlled district, replacing a longtime Republican. I don't think you can extrapolate that victory out to the entire country.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds