ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

13 Mar 2014 14:06 #381 by pineinthegrass
Remember when Romney said the first thing he was going to do was cancel Obamacare and the Dems said he can't do that because it's the law? Remember how the Obama administration argued to the Supreme Court that the individual mandate was essential to the law's success and Obama said he'd veto any bills which would repeal or delay it?

Well apparently last week the Obama administration quietly extended the individual mandate penalty waiver by 2 years for those who had their insurance cancelled due to Obamacare. And if the link below is to believed, most anyone may be able to claim a waiver to the individual mandate penalty.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433312607325596

Regardless of the accuracy of that claim, Obama has already shown one way Romney could of ended Obamacare. Just keep delaying the individual mandate penalty. And Obama has already created several legal precedents to empower any future Republican President to do just that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2014 15:08 #382 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote: Remember when Romney said the first thing he was going to do was cancel Obamacare and the Dems said he can't do that because it's the law? Remember how the Obama administration argued to the Supreme Court that the individual mandate was essential to the law's success and Obama said he'd veto any bills which would repeal or delay it?

Well apparently last week the Obama administration quietly extended the individual mandate penalty waiver by 2 years for those who had their insurance cancelled due to Obamacare. And if the link below is to believed, most anyone may be able to claim a waiver to the individual mandate penalty.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433312607325596

Regardless of the accuracy of that claim, Obama has already shown one way Romney could of ended Obamacare. Just keep delaying the individual mandate penalty. And Obama has already created several legal precedents to empower any future Republican President to do just that.

This is like a Jenga game, each piece is slowly being pulled out, in hopes that the whole thing doesn't fall down. But it has to, because...

1) Obama has extended the employer mandate out two years.
2) Obama has now made it possible and almost painless to for anyone ignore the individual mandate.
3) Obama has given waivers to certain unions, businesses and special interest groups.
4) Obama has given insurance companies the "go ahead" to keep offering "substandard" policies, policies that ignore the law set down in Obamacare.

Obamacare depends on a careful balance between policies that requires a guarantee of 10 items covered, a pool of financially viable "customers" that will help offset costs for the poorer Americans who could never afford health insurance before and a cadre of young, healthy policy holders who will not be a financial burden to the insurance pool.

According to the law, just about everyone in the country is suppose to have some sort of minimal health insurance coverage by April 1st, 2014. That's what balances out the insurance pool, that's what makes all the financial projections work out and that's not going to happen.

Meanwhile Obama is making slapdash, politically motivated changes to the law, without any thought of the effect that those changes will have on makeup of the insurance pool, without any thought of the added costs that the law will have to bear and without any thought to the expense that this will incur on middle class America.

And this is not just my opinions, these are facts that can be verified by reading numerous media and professional health care sources, right and left leaning, supportive of Obamacare or not.

And anyone who tries to claim that this cluster**** is the fault of the GOP is outright lying. Period. The creation of this law, the contents of this law, the passing of this law, the execution of this law and the clip and paste, patch and then tap dance "fixes" can all be laid squarely in the laps of the Democrats and the President.

Evidently President Obama is not satisfied with the Lie of the Year. He's now shooting for the Lie of the Century.

(And if any of the Obama supporters would like to tell me where I'm wrong, jump in. But you better have facts, not just snark and "they did it too" anecdotes. And pay close attention to what I wrote above, because I don't make statements without already having the answers to your rebuttals)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Mar 2014 16:16 #383 by Mtn Gramma
"We’ve finally gotten to the point where Congress had to pass a law to make sure that the laws they pass are enforced.

In a speech that Representative Trey Gowdy really shouldn’t have had to make, he explains angrily to the Congress what its job is, and to Obama what his job is. Members were heard to applaud as he reached the crescendo.

Five Democrats joined Republicans in passing a bill that directs Obama to follows the laws – clearing the House by a 233 to 181 vote."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/120902- ... -balances/

13 Mar 2014 17:51 #384 by Rick

Mtn Gramma wrote: "We’ve finally gotten to the point where Congress had to pass a law to make sure that the laws they pass are enforced.

In a speech that Representative Trey Gowdy really shouldn’t have had to make, he explains angrily to the Congress what its job is, and to Obama what his job is. Members were heard to applaud as he reached the crescendo.

Five Democrats joined Republicans in passing a bill that directs Obama to follows the laws – clearing the House by a 233 to 181 vote."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/120902- ... -balances/

It's clear from Obama's own words that he himself would have voted for this bill (if he wasn't voting "present")

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Mar 2014 19:42 #385 by Venturer
Good one Rick.

He reminds me of Putin.

13 Mar 2014 22:43 #386 by Mary Scott
Well, it cleared the House. Now it has to clear Harry Reid to get to the Senate.

14 Mar 2014 16:45 #387 by otisptoadwater
First Barry said this (on several occasions):

[youtube:139ei301]
[/youtube:139ei301]

Then he "evolved" (or the truth jumped up and bit him in the hind end):

[youtube:139ei301]
[/youtube:139ei301]

Hey Obamabots, how many more lies will it take to snap you out of your zombie trances?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Mar 2014 17:31 #388 by LOL
Todays lesson from Obama is that your Obamacare plan is not much more than your cable or cell phone bill, so you just need to prioritize. I seem to remember saying something along those lines here once, and got attacked for being a hater and uncaring about the poor. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Mar 2014 17:46 #389 by otisptoadwater

LOL wrote: Todays lesson from Obama is that your Obamacare plan is not much more than your cable or cell phone bill...

Cell phone bill?! Whatchu'takinbout Willis?

[youtube:168jmer1]
[/youtube:168jmer1]

Kind of makes me wonder if Barry didn't have a Freudian slip... I think what he didn't intend to do was tip his hand to give any indication that he wants the Gubment to be in charge of all forms of communication, it's easier to control a population that gets everything they need to exist from the Gumbent. Not only will you get your food, clothing, and healthcare from the Gubment, they'll even tell you what you're allowed to think and dictate to the media what is authorized to communicate to the masses.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Mar 2014 08:42 #390 by Venturer
Entire article worth the read. You can't fix stupid no matter how hard the bleeding liberals try.
Obamacare's problem: You can't fix stupid

Our Constitutionally guaranteed freedom in this country isn't just a slogan. It means the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. The freedom to be smart, and the freedom to be stupid. And just because you can't fix stupid, it doesn't mean we should try to fix or amend freedom.
Unfortunately, that's just what Obamacare does by taking money from the responsible portion of society in an attempt to force feed responsibility to another. That's the thing about responsibility: It can't be imposed or transferred from one to another.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101492996

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds