ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

21 Mar 2014 09:06 #411 by Rick
This isn't an actual update, just a nice string of Pelosi lies and derangements...

[youtube:1yo7ajk4]
[/youtube:1yo7ajk4]

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2014 14:43 #412 by Mary Scott
If you say something often enough .....

21 Mar 2014 15:01 #413 by Rick

Mary Scott wrote: If you say something often enough .....

Weak minds will start to believe it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2014 07:36 #414 by Reverend Revelant
The're making this up as they go along...

MAR 12, 2014

WASHINGTON — Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of health and human services, said Wednesday that the Obama administration would not extend the deadline for people to sign up for health insurance or delay the requirement for most Americans to have coverage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/us/po ... .html?_r=0

MAR 11, 2014

HHS: We Lack 'Statutory Authority' to Extend Deadline to Sign Up for Obamacare

On a conference call with reporters Tuesday afternoon, officials at the Department of Health and Human Services insisted that March 31 is the firm deadline to sign up for Obamacare. "We have no plans to extend the open enrollment period," HHS official Julie Bataille said. "In fact, we don't actually have the statutory authority to extend the open enrollment period in 2014."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hhs ... 84621.html

That was Then (the other day) and this is now...

Obama administration will allow more time to enroll in health care on federal marketplace

The Obama administration has decided to give extra time to Americans who say that they are unable to enroll in health plans through the federal insurance marketplace by the March 31 deadline.

Federal officials confirmed Tuesday evening that all consumers who have begun to apply for coverage on HealthCare.gov, but who do not finish by Monday, will have until about mid-April to ask for an extension.

Under the new rules, people will be able to qualify for an extension by checking a blue box on HealthCare.gov to indicate that they tried to enroll before the deadline. This method will rely on an honor system; the government will not try to determine whether the person is telling the truth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... ingtonpost

Remember when the GOP wanted to delay the mandate?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Mar 2014 07:48 #415 by Rick
Everything is working fine RR, and people are loving the ACA so much that Obama is going to let people sign up anytime. Why should anyone pay a premium at all when they can just wait until they need healthcare and only THEN decide to sign up? And even if they do sign up, they get to keep their coverage for 90 days of non payment putting the bill on the doctor for the last 60 days. We are ruled by fools.

George Orwell

26 Mar 2014 07:59 - 24 Nov 2014 11:34 #416 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Everything is working fine RR, and people are loving the ACA so much that Obama is going to let people sign up anytime. Why should anyone pay a premium at all when they can just wait until they need healthcare and only THEN decide to sign up? And even if they do sign up, they get to keep their coverage for 90 days of non payment putting the bill on the doctor for the last 60 days. We are ruled by fools.

[/b]

NOTHING has changed...when was the LAST GREAT President...one that led the nation thru
the darkest of times and held this country TOGETHER....certainly no one in RECENT times
(the last 2 or 3 decades).

THIS is the government you get and DESERVE when you are NOT paying attention....no one
has been paying attention for a VERY LONG time....(Keeping up with the Kardasians and Dancingwith the Stars has held the attention of the masses)....THIS is the healthcare system
you DESERVE because "sh** has been rolling down hill" for a VERY LONG TIME...I love the
bumper sticker "IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION:"...

Your (collective) outrage is a day late and a dollar short.....JMO

26 Mar 2014 08:11 #417 by FredHayek
HA,
Have you thought maybe why more people are watching "Dancing With The Stars" than CSPAN is because Americans actually have it pretty good compared to the rest of the world. We live in a land of plenty where more people worry more about obesity than starvation. Where people below the poverty line have heat, running water, big screen TV's, and cable. Tens of millions don't even care enough to vote because while they like to whine, people actually have it pretty good here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2014 09:10 #418 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Everything is working fine RR, and people are loving the ACA so much that Obama is going to let people sign up anytime. Why should anyone pay a premium at all when they can just wait until they need healthcare and only THEN decide to sign up? And even if they do sign up, they get to keep their coverage for 90 days of non payment putting the bill on the doctor for the last 60 days. We are ruled by fools.

[/b]

NOTHING has changed...when was the LAST GREAT President...one that led the nation thru
the darkest of times and held this country TOGETHER....certainly no one in RECENT times
(the last 2 or 3 decades).

THIS is the government you get and DESERVE when you are NOT paying attention....no one
has been paying attention for a VERY LONG time....(Keeping up with the Kardasians and Dancingwith the Stars has held the attention of the masses)....THIS is the healthcare system
you DESERVE because "sh** has been rolling down hill" for a VERY LONG TIME...I love the
bumper sticker "IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION:"...

Your (collective) outrage is a day late and a dollar short.....JMO

So... let's see if I can follow that logic? You say "THIS is the government you get and DESERVE when you are NOT paying attention." I am paying attention and that is why I am posting these comments about the ACA and the Obama administrations handling of it.

And then you reference a bumper sticker that says "If you are not outraged you have not been paying attention."

And then you say "Your (collective) outrage is a day late and a dollar short"

Now.

1) Am I suppose to be paying attention?
2) Or am I too late to keep paying attention?
3) And am I suppose to be outraged?
4) Or is my outrage to late?

This is one of those Boolean sort of questions, and it has 8 answers, so I'll understand if you have to take your time to respond to me.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Mar 2014 09:11 - 24 Nov 2014 11:33 #419 by homeagain
Then CEASE the bullsh** about Obamacare.....the paradigm REQUIRED changing (and the '2 for1"
administration....Hillary ATTEMPTED to address this many,many moons ago).....it should have
been addressed decades ago....BUT, the "widening gap" between the moneyed and the "barely
getting by" has INCREASED disproportionately....there are a MYRIAD of reasons for that....off
shore DISplacing of jobs...manufacturing disappearing...the list goes on endlessly....THIS is the
NEW NORMAL (and yes it is quite a bit different than what Americans have come to expect.)...

ABJECT poverty is what you are describing,BUT what America is experiencing is a 'sea-change"
of EXPECTATIONS.....what "we"have come to EXPECT from living in the United States all of our
lives....is now changing rapidly. The NEW normal is NOT going away....it is encompassing more
and more of the population.....and it is here to stay.JMO

26 Mar 2014 09:39 #420 by FredHayek
HA,
I think you aren't seeing what America wants. When Hillary was pushing her healthcare plan, America didn't like it and handed her husband a loss at the midterms. Newt Gingrich and the Republicans took back the House. They didn't want what she was selling.
Same with ACA, once America saw what Pelosi was doing to their healthcare system, they forced her out as Speaker of the House.
As more and more people find out how ACA screws them over, Obama's numbers decline, 38% last time I looked.

Abject poverty? :Confused: I don't think you are looking around. More Americans are at risk of obesity than starvation. Most people below the poverty line have cars, A/C, heat, cable, smart phones. Poor Americans today are much better off than ever before.

Abject poverty is what you see in Bangladesh and Burkin Faso.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds