ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

30 Mar 2014 10:50 #451 by LOL
Bumpity Bump Bump. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2014 10:59 #452 by Rick

LOL wrote: Bumpity Bump Bump. :)

Unfortunately, this thread won't need bumps since there are new changes almost daily in the "law of the land". But that did make me laugh because I understand the humor :clap:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Mar 2014 11:31 #453 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

LOL wrote:

homeagain wrote: It SO much more fun to "pitch a bitch"....IF something is NOT instantly on line, then it is a
failure....come on people.....REAL life is not equal to using your Smart Phone....somethings do
take TIME....but then, in this world of INSTANT gratification...allowing things to come to
fruition is a LOST ART.....JMO

Instant? Uh, we are in 2014, 4 years have passed since the law was created. I'm not interested in allowing things to come to "fruition" as defined by the Government. HA you seem to advocate for more individual choice and creativity in managing your own healthcare in other threads, why not just sit back and wait for the government to make it come to "fruition" for you. Have some patience!

The point with Obamacare is you have few choices, the pre-paid plans/benefits are already defined for you. Your choice is to earn less money so the Government will pay for most of it too.

All great points LOL and I'm just as confused about HA's ever changing train of thought on this. I want to understand the logic, I really do.

The whole problem with this law is that it doesn't reflect the name of the law as a whole. Of course it will be more affordable for the people who have no money, but the promise of everybody saving $2500 a year was imo, the biggest lie of them all. I think you could get away with people losing their doctors and hospitals as long as they are replaced with acceptable substitutes, but you can't get people to love a law that they are less likely to afford. With all my hospitals stays, a dozen cat scans and MRI's, and all the best chemo drugs, my deductibles were $3,000 a year with premiums totaling $4300 a year. As soon as all the "voter appreciation delays" expire, my yearly costs for those same products will be around $4100 more a year MORE for the new and "improved" Obama approved product. Under this new product, I don't get better and more expedient care and I don't improved drugs... under the same conditions with this new plan, the only difference will be the extra $4100 I should be happy to shell out.

The problem with this law started from the very beginning when these ACA architects decided to ignore the root cause of our problem, COSTS. They name it the Affordable Care Act but did nothing to lower the root cause of rising costs, they just assumed that the young healthy uninsured would pony up for a product they may not want.

Not dealing with the costs of health care first is like just installing better airbags and seat belts in a car that has inferior brakes.

COST (see the Pharmco PIG thread)......Rick, perhaps I have ASSUMED that posters would
see the DIRECT thread linking the problems together....

1.) THE OATH (within that thread I bolded several words that have been OVERLOOKED/NEGLECTED/OR WORSE YET DISCARDED)JMO

2.) PHARMCO PIGS.....your point of root cause of the problem....COST.....Pharmco pigs
have contributed to that point in a pretty SIGNIFICANT way.....JMO

3.) FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE.....is the preferred method of finding/treating and ultimately
correcting or mitigating health issues.....THIS health pathway has NOT been widely utilized
and because of that we have a NOW fubared healthcare delivery system (see 1 and 2 above)

IF you view the issue from a THREE PRONGED approach you THEN can extrapolate just WHY
Obamacare came into existence......as I have stated before YOU GET THE HEALTHCARE YOU
DESERVE because of apathy/lack of self-responsibility/AND a degree of inattentiveness that
has NOW blossomed into OBAMACARE.......(again, IT is not the problem.....it is the RESULT
of the problem)JMO

30 Mar 2014 11:49 #454 by archer

Rick wrote:

Unfortunately, this thread won't need bumps since there are new changes almost daily in the "law of the land". But that did make me laugh because I understand the humor :clap:

The humor? I do find a lot of humor in this thread. Nothing this large and complicated has ever started out perfect, take a look at social security, our tax code, Medicare, especially part D, all required numerous changes, improvements, and refinements. What is humorous is how the House has been cheered for trying to make changes to the ACA, but Obama is vilified for actually making changes. Yeah.....pretty funny don't ya think?

I have stated before that the ACA was not what I had in mind for a health care program, but I support it for this very reason, once there is a law on the books it can be refined into something better. Without the passage of ACA we would still be at square 1 and the chances of getting anything done is zero. I applaud Obama and the democrats for taking the opportunity to get this done when it was possible.

Ok, rant on.

30 Mar 2014 12:34 #455 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

The humor? I do find a lot of humor in this thread. Nothing this large and complicated has ever started out perfect, take a look at social security, our tax code, Medicare, especially part D, all required numerous changes, improvements, and refinements. What is humorous is how the House has been cheered for trying to make changes to the ACA, but Obama is vilified for actually making changes. Yeah.....pretty funny don't ya think?

I have stated before that the ACA was not what I had in mind for a health care program, but I support it for this very reason, once there is a law on the books it can be refined into something better. Without the passage of ACA we would still be at square 1 and the chances of getting anything done is zero. I applaud Obama and the democrats for taking the opportunity to get this done when it was possible.

Ok, rant on.

Do you also applaud their incompetence or the lies they told in order to get the law passed? When the government experiments with the freedom of Americans with the very dollars they collect from those Americans, they had better take more time and actually read what they are passing. They should retake basic math courses for starters.

And here's three questions that our transparent government still can't answer, nor can you.

How many "enrollees" have paid?
How many young and healthy have signed up?
How many "enrollees" were previously uninsured?

Now they either know the numbers and won't tell us, or they don't know the numbers and are incredibly incompetent. What's the other option I'm missing here?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Mar 2014 14:22 #456 by otisptoadwater
You're not the only one wondering what the real answers are Rick:

[youtube:2y7ccndn]
[/youtube:2y7ccndn]

But the Obamabots cheerfully march on, "it doesn't matter what the law says we can fix it later..."

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

31 Mar 2014 10:24 #457 by FredHayek
Cleveland Clinic, per Drudge Report. 75% are paying higher premiums.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Mar 2014 13:02 #458 by Martin Enterprises
A poll from another website has 4million+ refusing to sign up.
Statements range from
"I will pay the fine"
to "They cannot enforce Sh&t so screrw em"

Can't post the site or the link cause it is blocked.

31 Mar 2014 13:53 #459 by archer

FredHayek wrote: Cleveland Clinic, per Drudge Report. 75% are paying higher premiums.

Considering the fact that health insurance premiums went up every year for nearly everyone before the ACA came along, only 75 percent sounds pretty good.25 percent are paying less than they did before.....I don't recall anyone ever saying their health insurance premium went down before the ACA.

....that is, of course, if your unsourced numbers are even true.

31 Mar 2014 14:11 #460 by FredHayek
:Confused: But our President, Barack Obama, promised us that premiums would fall by $2500.
Archer, why do you feel you have to defend this liar?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds