ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

31 Mar 2014 20:41 #471 by archer
A lot of defensive posts here, I made a statement, and singled out no one, if you took it personally that's on you.But Rick, what's your solution for low Medicare payments to health care providers? Scrap it? Raise the payments, and pay for that how? Raise the cost to seniors? It's easy to criticize, harder to offer solutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2014 21:54 #472 by otisptoadwater
So let me see if I understand the "logic" behind defending Obamacare:

- The GOP doesn't have an alternative so we should just continue down a path that will lead to failure
- We can always fix it later, heck Barry changes this law daily without bothering Congress or going through the legal process
- Every American citizen should just stop griping and worrying about what Obamacare actually is, it doesn't matter. Shut up and pay into the pool, those of you who have wealth have too much wealth. Think of the Gubment taking your money as "paying it forward" to people who need the money because work is "whack and it's hard yo."

Why are we rewarding people for not working and doing what it takes to improve themselves? Handing out more and more entitlements is NOT HELPING! Make people work for the benefits they deserve instead of "sloping the hogs."

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

31 Mar 2014 22:14 #473 by archer
Got it....If you work hard, and try your best, but you are maybe not smart enough to make good money, or your company downsized and you lose your job, or maybe you have a learning disability keeping you from making more than minimum wage, well if you can't afford health insurance than you don't deserve health insurance,. Either we will all end up paying for your health care or you will do us all a favor and die.

31 Mar 2014 22:44 #474 by otisptoadwater
:sarcasm: No archer, you are 100% correct. We should all be born into a system that ensures all of us get the same share of wealth; North Korea is a great reference if you want to know how that works out.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

31 Mar 2014 23:13 #475 by Blazer Bob

otisptoadwater wrote: :sarcasm: No archer, you are 100% correct. We should all be born into a system that ensures all of us get the same share of wealth; North Korea is a great reference if you want to know how that works out.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself.

"USDA to Grandparents: Read Government Bedtime Stories to Encourage Healthy Eating"

http://freebeacon.com/issues/usda-to-gr ... hy-eating/

31 Mar 2014 23:45 #476 by archer

otisptoadwater wrote: :sarcasm: No archer, you are 100% correct. We should all be born into a system that ensures all of us get the same share of wealth; North Korea is a great reference if you want to know how that works out.

BS....that's not what I'm advocating and you very well know that....or you should know that. And your cute little sarcasm emoticon doesn't change that.

01 Apr 2014 04:54 - 01 Apr 2014 05:46 #477 by LOL
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

This is your community organizer 'n Chief

Now that my OBAMA-care sign-up period is over, I want to remind you loyal subjects and minions of a few things.

Thanks to my leadership and supreme knowledge of what is best for you minions, you now have:

100% universal coverage

Health insurance rates are going down

Buying a policy is 1-2-3, just like reserving a hotel on Expedia

Lots more competition and choices on the Exchanges and lower prices

No new Taxes at all on the middle class, not one nickel.

And most important, if you liked your Plan and Doctor you can keep them! Period. :)

BWAHAhahahahaha!

:rofllol

APRIL FOOLS!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Apr 2014 04:57 #478 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

BS....that's not what I'm advocating and you very well know that....or you should know that. And your cute little sarcasm emoticon doesn't change that.

OTOH, I am sure this is exactly what Otis ment: "Either we will all end up paying for your health care or you will do us all a favor and die."

Oh the irony.
LOL

01 Apr 2014 05:17 #479 by HEARTLESS
It is a shame that Odumbo has been playing the people of America for fools since he took office.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Apr 2014 06:50 #480 by FredHayek

archer wrote: Got it....If you work hard, and try your best, but you are maybe not smart enough to make good money, or your company downsized and you lose your job, or maybe you have a learning disability keeping you from making more than minimum wage, well if you can't afford health insurance than you don't deserve health insurance,. Either we will all end up paying for your health care or you will do us all a favor and die.

:banghead: Or even better how about this scenario? If you are lazy, or a slacker, or unambitious, you will get free medical care. If you work hard, extra hours, sacrifice family time and risk your savings to start new businesses, you get to pay for not only you and your family's health care, you also get to pay for the slackers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds