ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

03 Apr 2014 19:24 #501 by LadyJazzer
And so we spend the next 5 pages insulting "Libs", and personal attacks on me...

Nice deflection... Too bad it still doesn't change the facts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2014 19:34 #502 by otisptoadwater

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.— A former longtime advisor to President Barack Obama predicted Wednesday that the employer mandate — a key piece of Obamacare — will not survive.

It was among several predictions Robert Gibbs, former White House press secretary, had for the future of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in a speech at the 2014 Benefits Selling Expo.

“I don’t think the employer mandate will go into effect. It’s a small part of the law. I think it will be one of the first things to go,” he said to a notably surprised audience.

The employer mandate has been delayed twice, he noted. The vast majority of employers with 100 or more employees offer health insurance, and there aren’t many employers who fall into the mandate window, he said.

Read more, but do so with a grain of salt: http://m.benefitspro.com/2014/04/02/gibbs-predicts-employer-mandate-will-be-killed

Mid-term elections on the horizon, anyone surprised Bob would speak for an hour attempting to keep Obamacare sold? Let's see what he has to say in 2016, I'll bet it will be the equivalent of putting frosting on a dog turd. The bad news for king Barry and his subjects is that health care insurance rates will likely continue to increase and even the most died in the wool Obamabots are likely to wake up and wonder what is happening to their paychecks, at least the ones who still have jobs will...

REMEMBER "we" voted for this!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

03 Apr 2014 19:36 #503 by archer

Rick wrote: LJ's flying monkeys are always watching, and I have the whistle to draw them in :HappyWave: :LMAO:

Just as I thought, LJ told no lies, and you and your peanut gallery have nothing left but insults and a whole lot of anger because all your dire predictions for the ACA have been proven false.

It's driving you all nuts
:rofllol

03 Apr 2014 19:37 #504 by LadyJazzer

03 Apr 2014 19:56 #505 by Martin Enterprises

04 Apr 2014 07:38 #506 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote: LJ's flying monkeys are always watching, and I have the whistle to draw them in :HappyWave: :LMAO:

Just as I thought, LJ told no lies, and you and your peanut gallery have nothing left but insults and a whole lot of anger because all your dire predictions for the ACA have been proven false.

It's driving you all nuts
:rofllol

I find it funny how you always have to speak for and defend the coward who uses teabagger in almost every post. Her sensitive eyes can't view my post so she needs you to quote me and defend her. I just know how draw you in :LMAO:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Apr 2014 07:45 #507 by Rick

Martin Enterprises wrote: finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-next-ch...ation-163500284.html

LOL it will never end......

They won't be penalizing anytime soon (unless they can do it to just the right who won't vote for them anyway).

But this from the article also jumped out at me:

The agency is also responsible for verifying the subsidy eligibility of more than 83 percent of the 7 million people who have signed up for insurance through the health exchanges.

So only 17% of new enrollees can afford to pay for their own insurance and don't need taxpayer subsidies? This should work out great :smackshead:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Apr 2014 08:17 #508 by Martin Enterprises
And with millions of people not filing or paying the so called 'income" tax they really have a boat with no oars.

05 Apr 2014 07:22 #509 by LOL

Martin Enterprises wrote: ... they really have a boat with no oars.

A boat without oars. That is worth a quote, says it all. With Obama, Pelosi and Reid at the helm!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Apr 2014 12:18 #510 by Cathy_Lee

FredHayek wrote: Lock this thread. 7.1 Million people have signed up before April, end of discussion. ACA is the law of the land. No more debate permitted.

Isn't that only counting those who signed up online? What about everyone who signed up through their work? I think that accounts for something like 65% of the workforce. "The number of people getting insurance through their employers increased by 8.2 million," according to the article below.

Rand's Obamacare stats: 9.3 million new insureds, and counting

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... z2ybRRbsyy

Low information voters still think Obamacare is the insurance, not the law, and if they sign up with a private insurance company they bypassed Obamacare. I kid you not.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds