ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

20 Oct 2014 21:07 #541 by jf1acai

Do you need a lawyer now for Obamacare?

I think they are trying to make it so that you need a lawyer to get out of bed in the morning (assuming you are fortunate enough to be on the right side of the grass at that point, if not someone else needs a lawyer).

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2014 18:38 - 21 Oct 2014 18:42 #542 by LOL
Ha, it gets even better if you are a business. I like this "Attestation" word! I wonder if congress critters will sign an "attestation" that they read and understand the constitution, or attest that bills they sign are constitutional, or attest "if you like your plan you can keep it". Na, I doubt it too.

www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2014/02/1...e-My-Whim-My-Command

"Treasury announced that it would keep an eagle eye on businesses that reacted to the exploding costs of compliance. The IRS would require employers to file a “self-attestation” on their tax forms “to “certify” that they are not shedding full-time workers simply to avoid the mandate.”

Anyone care to explain where in the ACA the O-admin has the legal authority to demand this attestation? Businesses can adjust staffing levels at any time for any reason, and ESPECIALLY in response to government regulations that have an economic impact on their business costs. Period. ( I learn'ned that from Obama).

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Oct 2014 08:31 #543 by Rick

LOL wrote: Ha, it gets even better if you are a business. I like this "Attestation" word! I wonder if congress critters will sign an "attestation" that they read and understand the constitution, or attest that bills they sign are constitutional, or attest "if you like your plan you can keep it". Na, I doubt it too.

www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2014/02/1...e-My-Whim-My-Command

"Treasury announced that it would keep an eagle eye on businesses that reacted to the exploding costs of compliance. The IRS would require employers to file a “self-attestation” on their tax forms “to “certify” that they are not shedding full-time workers simply to avoid the mandate.”

Anyone care to explain where in the ACA the O-admin has the legal authority to demand this attestation? Businesses can adjust staffing levels at any time for any reason, and ESPECIALLY in response to government regulations that have an economic impact on their business costs. Period. ( I learn'ned that from Obama).

Wow, I wonder if the Treasury dept decided on it's own to enact this fascist demand or if it came from the WH? And like you said LOL, I wonder if The People could demand the same from those we've hired to run this country?

I'd love to see these job creators go up against the government in court when they are penalized for running their businesses as they see fit. Where is the legal precident?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Nov 2014 16:33 #544 by HEARTLESS
So, next year expect to pay an additional $100 surcharge per month if you are a smoker for Anthem insured.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

26 Nov 2014 08:15 #545 by Rick
BREAKING NEWS!!!

An honest comment from the #3 Democrat in Washington!!!

Sen. Schumer made his remarks at the National Press Club in Washington. “Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them…Now, the plight of uninsured Americans and the hardships caused by unfair insurance company practices certainly needed to be addressed,” Schumer maintained. “But it wasn’t the change we were hired to make. Americans were crying out for the end to the recession, for better wages and more jobs—not changes in health care."

“This makes sense,” Schumer continued, “considering 85 percent of all Americans got their health care from either the government, Medicare, Medicaid, or their employer. And if health care costs were going up, it really did not affect them. The Affordable Care Act was aimed at the 36 million Americans who were not covered. It has been reported that only a third of the uninsured are even registered to vote…it made no political sense."

Eventually, even Democrats who voted for this unread turd have to be honest. Rumor in Washington is that Schumer was spotted studying his granddaughters 6th grade math textbook which finally made that special light go on in his head.
www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/...es-the-middle-class/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Nov 2014 08:23 #546 by Rick
Oh yeah, here's another question for all you ACA supporters... since all these immigrants were just granted the right to work in the US legally, what about the ACA? They don't qualify right? So as an employer, I can hire as many legal illegals as I want and no ACA mandate/fine/penalty/tax required! Yay, a great incentive to not hire real Americans!!!

Sorry for the double rant, but since my deductible doubled and my premium went up 16%, I've been a little cranky.

George Orwell

26 Nov 2014 08:30 #547 by homeagain
AGAIN, I will reiterate...FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE and the practitioners who follow a "out of the box" mindset are the cutting edge of medicine and the "rest" of the herd is SLOW ON THE UPTAKE....JMO

26 Nov 2014 08:30 #548 by FredHayek
Maybe Sen. Chuck should have spoke up earlier?
Reminds me of the time when Clinton went after guns and lost the House right after that. Just because it sounds good in your echo chamber, doesn't mean most of America wants it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Nov 2014 08:43 #549 by Rick

homeagain wrote: AGAIN, I will reiterate...FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE and the practitioners who follow a "out of the box" mindset are the cutting edge of medicine and the "rest" of the herd is SLOW ON THE UPTAKE....JMO

Is this in response to my post, because I'm not seeing any logical connection. I may need a translation. :unsure:

George Orwell

28 Nov 2014 10:56 #550 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: As the old, angry white guys of the TeaBag party and the GOP die off, I will watch with a smile on my face. You have sown the seeds of your own demise.

LOL tick toc.

"The Democratic Party has become an aging, regional party with a diversity problem."

www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=29828284

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds