ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

29 Mar 2014 07:28 #441 by LOL

homeagain wrote: It SO much more fun to "pitch a bitch"....IF something is NOT instantly on line, then it is a
failure....come on people.....REAL life is not equal to using your Smart Phone....somethings do
take TIME....but then, in this world of INSTANT gratification...allowing things to come to
fruition is a LOST ART.....JMO

Instant? Uh, we are in 2014, 4 years have passed since the law was created. I'm not interested in allowing things to come to "fruition" as defined by the Government. HA you seem to advocate for more individual choice and creativity in managing your own healthcare in other threads, why not just sit back and wait for the government to make it come to "fruition" for you. Have some patience!

The point with Obamacare is you have few choices, the pre-paid plans/benefits are already defined for you. Your choice is to earn less money so the Government will pay for most of it too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2014 07:46 - 29 Mar 2014 08:56 #442 by LOL

LadyJazzer wrote:

'Fox News Addict': Obamacare Works
Posted: 28 Mar 2014 01:01 PM PDT

Mark D. Bearden is a retired psychologist living in Monroe, North Carolina. In February, he wrote a letter to the President letting him know what the Affordable Care Act has meant to him. The message below was sent to the White House email list today.

Mark D. Bearden shares his story on the White House blog: "I am a staunch Republican, a self-proclaimed Fox News addict, and I didn't vote for the President. And I'm here to tell you that Obamacare works. I'm living proof. I'm a chemotherapy patient, and was previously paying $428 a month for my health coverage. I was not thrilled when it was cancelled. Then I submitted an application at HealthCare.gov. I looked at my options. And I signed up for a plan for $62 a month. It's the best health care I have ever had."

Oh, darn... One slipped through...I guess he didn't get the memo from FauxNews...

Why am I not surprised that Jazzer views this WH blog story as a success? Good thing this retired phD Psychologist can get government subsidized healthcare that he was apparently able to afford on his own before Obama cancelled it. WHohooo! Another one pulling the wagon jumps aboard the Obama train! Success.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Mar 2014 08:10 #443 by FredHayek
Per NPR this morning, 60% of the people not covered by insurance are unaware of the Monday deadline to sign up. Who is failing these Americans? Their own stupidity? The White House failing to keep Americans informed? Or the press failing to do their jobs?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2014 11:30 #444 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, "success stories" must drive you nuts...

Get ready for a lot more... Oh, and those "pitiful me" tv ads by Koch Bros/Americans for Progress--They're 11-0 now for being busted as outright lies and fabrications... Just keep it up. 53% of the public are fed up with you guys...

29 Mar 2014 12:20 #445 by FredHayek
Maryland announced they are scrapping their multi-million dollar exchange system. They are hoping to replace it with the Connecticut one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2014 18:53 #446 by Blazer Bob
It's settled law. :rofllol

30 Mar 2014 09:53 #447 by Rick

LOL wrote:

homeagain wrote: It SO much more fun to "pitch a bitch"....IF something is NOT instantly on line, then it is a
failure....come on people.....REAL life is not equal to using your Smart Phone....somethings do
take TIME....but then, in this world of INSTANT gratification...allowing things to come to
fruition is a LOST ART.....JMO

Instant? Uh, we are in 2014, 4 years have passed since the law was created. I'm not interested in allowing things to come to "fruition" as defined by the Government. HA you seem to advocate for more individual choice and creativity in managing your own healthcare in other threads, why not just sit back and wait for the government to make it come to "fruition" for you. Have some patience!

The point with Obamacare is you have few choices, the pre-paid plans/benefits are already defined for you. Your choice is to earn less money so the Government will pay for most of it too.

All great points LOL and I'm just as confused about HA's ever changing train of thought on this. I want to understand the logic, I really do.

The whole problem with this law is that it doesn't reflect the name of the law as a whole. Of course it will be more affordable for the people who have no money, but the promise of everybody saving $2500 a year was imo, the biggest lie of them all. I think you could get away with people losing their doctors and hospitals as long as they are replaced with acceptable substitutes, but you can't get people to love a law that they are less likely to afford. With all my hospitals stays, a dozen cat scans and MRI's, and all the best chemo drugs, my deductibles were $3,000 a year with premiums totaling $4300 a year. As soon as all the "voter appreciation delays" expire, my yearly costs for those same products will be around $4100 more a year MORE for the new and "improved" Obama approved product. Under this new product, I don't get better and more expedient care and I don't improved drugs... under the same conditions with this new plan, the only difference will be the extra $4100 I should be happy to shell out.

The problem with this law started from the very beginning when these ACA architects decided to ignore the root cause of our problem, COSTS. They name it the Affordable Care Act but did nothing to lower the root cause of rising costs, they just assumed that the young healthy uninsured would pony up for a product they may not want.

Not dealing with the costs of health care first is like just installing better airbags and seat belts in a car that has inferior brakes.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Mar 2014 10:00 #448 by Venturer
Good points Rick.

And down the road we will learn just how many people may have put something in their shopping cart but never followed through. More than likely we won't learn this from the government but from the insurance carriers after it flops and they are whining about how many people didn't sign up.

30 Mar 2014 10:08 #449 by LOL
Rick, I think some here are just annoyed or "bugged" that this 40 page thread since January keeps bumping up to the top. Costs are still rising and the whole ACA law is structurally flawed and a big over-reach of Federal authority. That's why I don't buy this wait and fix-it later attitude. And the worst is yet to come with all the strategic delays. I'll enjoy seeing people filling out their 2014 tax returns justifying their qualified health "Care" to the IRS. :)

30 Mar 2014 10:22 #450 by Rick

LOL wrote: Rick, I think some here are just annoyed or "bugged" that this 40 page thread since January keeps bumping up to the top. Costs are still rising and the whole ACA law is structurally flawed and a big over-reach of Federal authority. That's why I don't buy this wait and fix-it later attitude. And the worst is yet to come with all the strategic delays. I'll enjoy seeing people filling out their 2014 tax returns justifying their qualified health "Care" to the IRS. :)

Yep, those delays were unilaterally created by the imperial presidency are not a FIX, they are a temporary bandage designed to keep the Dems from bleeding out of power. It will be interesting to listen to Hillary bash this law if it's allowed to be fully enforced before Nov 2016.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds