Gotta wonder......

02 Dec 2014 19:16 - 02 Dec 2014 19:23 #131 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Gotta wonder......

HEARTLESS wrote: Beat the dead horse and call it Lazarus, you clearly won't be pleased unless officer Wilson gets some charges. Also note the article talks of fleeing, as in leaving. But no bullet wounds were to the back, must have been magic at work then.

It doesn't matter one whit whether I'm pleased by anything or not. The reality of this situation is that justice may not have been served by a DA's office that may have rigged the Grand Jury proceeding from the get go. To me, that makes it worth the time and effort to revisit the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2014 19:21 #132 by ZHawke

BlazerBob wrote: What new information?

Just one example:

thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/25/359...guson-legal-experts/

02 Dec 2014 19:26 #133 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Gotta wonder......

ZHawke wrote:

BlazerBob wrote: What new information?

Just one example:

thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/25/359...guson-legal-experts/

Hey lets just throw out the facts and evidence of Michael Brown's crimes and aggression and hang the cop.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 Dec 2014 19:27 #134 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: Hey lets just throw out the facts and evidence of Michael Brown's crimes and aggression and hang the cop.

No one said to "throw out" any facts and evidence.

02 Dec 2014 19:29 #135 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: Hey lets just throw out the facts and evidence of Michael Brown's crimes and aggression and hang the cop.

So we get a new trail and nothing changes except more riots and looting, whoopy!

02 Dec 2014 19:32 #136 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

So we get a new trail and nothing changes except more riots and looting, whoopy!

A new "trail"? Seriously?

How do you know "nothing changes except more riots and looting"? You have the inside scoop on everything?

02 Dec 2014 20:06 #137 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

How do you know "nothing changes except more riots and looting"? You have the inside scoop on everything?

Spell check can't correct bad typing.
Now what are your hopes "with the NEW information" then?

02 Dec 2014 20:14 - 02 Dec 2014 20:14 #138 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

Spell check can't correct bad typing.
Now what are your hopes "with the NEW information" then?

I already said what my "hopes" are - that a new special prosecutor is appointed and the process is done over. The problem I see with letting a dead horse lie rests in the possibility there may have been a miscarriage of justice or no justice at all. Sort of like when an innocent person is put to death. What do we say then? Oops? Sorry bout that? To me, that just isn't good enough.

There's new information on the Prosecuting attorney to the Grand Jury allegedly telling them to base their findings on a law that was declared unconstitutional in 1985: thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/30/359...arren-wilsons-favor/

That, in and of itself, should arguably be enough to revisit the case, IMO.

02 Dec 2014 20:23 #139 by ZHawke

02 Dec 2014 21:25 #140 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Gotta wonder......
IMO, some people are determined to make Officer Wilson 'pay' for doing his job, whether the evidence indicates he did anything wrong or not. Of course, they conveniently ignore the fact that he has already paid, and will continue to pay, for doing his job to the best of his ability.

I have not seen any credible evidence that shows Officer Wilson did anything wrong, but there is plenty evidence to indicate that Brown did.

However, these people continue to demand that Officer Wilson, and of course the state, incur the consequences of another extended trial. Such a trial would most likely result in a similar decision, based upon the facts presented to the Grand Jury. It would not bring Brown back to life. It would not satisfy those who are unhappy now.

A much better course of action, IMO, would be to point out what decisions by the deceased led to the result, and use that to learn from. A few of those decisions would include choosing to walk down the middle of the street, instead of on the sidewalk, where he should have been, thus drawing the officer's attention. Another would be belligerently responding to the officer when he made the second contact. Fighting with the officer in his vehicle is not something that I would recommend being taught to anyone as a good idea. Fleeing the officer after that doesn't seem to me to be a good plan. Ignoring the officer's commands to get on the ground isn't highly recommended either. And finally, approaching the officer, in any manner, after doing the above is almost certainly going to result in undesirable consequences.

Why is all this being ignored, in an attempt to blame the officer?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds