Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

05 Feb 2019 11:14 #1 by homeagain
worldview.stratfor.com/article/us-fighti...-armed-1930s-mindset

THIS factor is the fatal flaw in the king's concept. It can be the decline of our economy...…
read recession.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2019 12:18 #2 by FredHayek
Stratfor is not understanding how negotiations happen. President Trump wants free and equal trade, the Chinese don't. Despite being the 2nd largest economy in the world, they want the benefits of being in the developing nation tier. Did you know this brutal dictatorship which is rounding up hundreds of thousands of Muslims and putting them in reeducation camps still gets "most favored nation" trading status. It is time that China plays on the same level as the US and the rest of the world. These tariffs will force them to eliminate huge penalties on American manufactured goods selling there. Wouldn't that seem fair to you? The US economy is ten times the size of the Chinese so they need our consumers still. Currently the Chinese economy has taken a hit from President Trump's strategy. Expect them to make concessions soon.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Feb 2019 15:15 #3 by homeagain
[quote="FredHayek" post=355735]Stratfor is not understanding how negotiations happen. President Trump wants free and equal trade, the Chinese don't. Despite being the 2nd largest economy in the world, they want the benefits of being in the developing nation tier. Did you know this brutal dictatorship which is rounding up hundreds of thousands of Muslims and putting them in reeducation camps still gets "most favored nation" trading status. It is time that China plays on the same level as the US and the rest of the world. These tariffs will force them to eliminate huge penalties on American manufactured goods selling there. Wouldn't that seem fair to you? The US economy is ten times the size of the Chinese so they need our consumers still. Currently the Chinese economy has taken a hit from President Trump's strategy. Expect them to make concessions soon.[/quote]

If the bolded is the mindset of the Trump minority, it certainly clarifies just how truly fubared
we really are. The asinine assertion that STRATFOR does not comprehend is beyond the pale. jmo

06 Feb 2019 17:38 - 06 Feb 2019 17:41 #4 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:
If the bolded is the mindset of the Trump minority, it certainly clarifies just how truly fubared
we really are. The asinine assertion that STRATFOR does not comprehend is beyond the pale. jmo

BEYOND THE PALE? Perhaps beyond the pale means something else to you than it does to me.

No speech, no opinion is beyond the pale. Do you remember when the ACLU defended the KKK? There was a reason for that and it was a good reason.

Yet it is a good way to end an argument. "I am right because, shut up. What do you think that line of logic leads to?

06 Feb 2019 17:42 - 06 Feb 2019 17:46 #5 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: [quote="FredHayek" post=355735]Stratfor is not understanding how negotiations happen. President Trump wants free and equal trade, the Chinese don't. Despite being the 2nd largest economy in the world, they want the benefits of being in the developing nation tier. Did you know this brutal dictatorship which is rounding up hundreds of thousands of Muslims and putting them in reeducation camps still gets "most favored nation" trading status. It is time that China plays on the same level as the US and the rest of the world. These tariffs will force them to eliminate huge penalties on American manufactured goods selling there. Wouldn't that seem fair to you? The US economy is ten times the size of the Chinese so they need our consumers still. Currently the Chinese economy has taken a hit from President Trump's strategy. Expect them to make concessions soon.

we really are. The asinine assertion that STRATFOR does not comprehend is beyond the pale. jmo[/quote]

Why are you defending China's cheating on trade? They need to have their trading status redefined. And they need to stop levying onerous tariffs on American manufactured goods.

06 Feb 2019 18:29 #6 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: worldview.stratfor.com/article/us-fighti...-armed-1930s-mindset

THIS factor is the fatal flaw in the king's concept. It can be the decline of our economy...…
read recession.

Perhaps re reading the concept of the STRATFOR publication might clarify the issue. IT IS A GLOBAL REVIEW OR PERSPECTIVE. the term beyond the pale is equal to unacceptable or out of bounds...….and is appropriate for my intent.

06 Feb 2019 19:04 #7 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: [Perhaps re reading the concept of the STRATFOR publication might clarify the issue. IT IS A GLOBAL REVIEW OR PERSPECTIVE. the term beyond the pale is equal to unacceptable or out of bounds...….and is appropriate for my intent.

It still sound to me like you are saying "I am right because shut up."
At least we can agree on poop.

06 Feb 2019 19:27 #8 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: [Perhaps re reading the concept of the STRATFOR publication might clarify the issue. IT IS A GLOBAL REVIEW OR PERSPECTIVE. the term beyond the pale is equal to unacceptable or out of bounds...….and is appropriate for my intent.

What I am trying to convey is this...….the excrement that has been contained (hidden) by the R'S is about to become EXPLOSIVE and will cover everything in brown......Q2 is clean up. jmo

07 Feb 2019 09:16 #9 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

What I am trying to convey is this...….the excrement that has been contained (hidden) by the R'S is about to become EXPLOSIVE and will cover everything in brown......Q2 is clean up. jmo

Wow. Are you sure about that? Despite the tariff's, female unemployment in the US is at a 65 year low! African-American unemployment is at historic lows, Hispanic unemployment is at historic lows. Stratfor is making a prediction. They may be right, or they may be wrong. They can pretend they know how China will react to Trump's bold move, but I doubt they have killer sources in the their Politburo. I can understand how you want to trust them because they are telling you what you want to hear, Trump is an idiot and putting the country at risk. But I will tell you this, I have been reading The Economist since the 70's and it is amazing to see how often they get it wrong when you return to old issues. Organizations like Stratfor are making educated guesses at best. Like I said, they may be right, but they don't know the future. President Obama had the best intelligence in the world when he made his prediction that the US would not be able to drill our way to energy independence, but we did. We are now the biggest energy supplier in the world. So you have your educated opinion. And I have mine. Let's wait two or more years before deciding who is wrong.

07 Feb 2019 09:57 #10 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

Wow. Are you sure about that? Despite the tariff's, female unemployment in the US is at a 65 year low! African-American unemployment is at historic lows, Hispanic unemployment is at historic lows. Stratfor is making a prediction. They may be right, or they may be wrong. They can pretend they know how China will react to Trump's bold move, but I doubt they have killer sources in the their Politburo. I can understand how you want to trust them because they are telling you what you want to hear, Trump is an idiot and putting the country at risk. But I will tell you this, I have been reading The Economist since the 70's and it is amazing to see how often they get it wrong when you return to old issues. Organizations like Stratfor are making educated guesses at best. Like I said, they may be right, but they don't know the future. President Obama had the best intelligence in the world when he made his prediction that the US would not be able to drill our way to energy independence, but we did. We are now the biggest energy supplier in the world. So you have your educated opinion. And I have mine. Let's wait two or more years before deciding who is wrong.

Yes, I believe waiting to see what unfolds is all we can do...…I attempt to view many sources and try to see the macro of the information....being pro active is my nature. It is my belief that the similarity of Watergate and what we are witnessing now, are TOO similar. I believe the nation is experiencing a repeat of history.....only this time it is with a foreign
foe.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds